If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearance - Brand New Boxed - Last ones!

Options
  • 21-08-2009 6:39pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

OK Guys here is a small list of Boardie specials that Dave has said have to be cleared out of his stock-room asap!

They are all brand new boxed!

Tannoy Arena Lite including 2 pairs of footstands in silver - £369.95 / €429.99 (This was originally £999 :eek:)

Mordaunt-Short 404 Genie Centre - Excellent quality Funky Centre - was £129.95 - now 1/2 price £64.95/€76.99

Mordaunt-Short 402 Genie Satellite speakers * 1 Pair - Again nice and Funky and great sounding! Were £149.95 again 1/2 price at £74.95 / €89.99

Cambridge Audio 540R V3 AV Receiver Really excellent heavyweight receiver with Incognito Multiroom capability! Now 1/2 price at £199.95 / €229.99

Cambridge Audio 540 D V2
    Serious quality DVD Player - Was £249.95 now 1/2 price at £124.95/€139.99

Cambridge Audio DVD99 - HDMI / SACD / DVD/ CD Player - was £199.95 yep - 1/2 price at £99.95 / €119.99

Pioneer VSLX70 - S E R I O U S AV Receiver - Was £999.99 now just £549.99 / €699.99 (sorry I just cound not afford to make it 1/2 price!)

Technics SL1200 Turntable - The DJ's fave - Was £399.95 - Now £279.95/€329.99

Marantz SR5002 again really excellent AV receiver - Was £449.95 now £249.95/€299.99

Denon AVR1909 Silver - AV Receiver - Was £499.95 - now £349.95 / €389.99 ( I have a few of these in stock!)

Denon AVR1908 AV Receiver Silver - Was £449.95 - Now £169.95

Denon AVR2309 S E R I O U S AV receiver - Was £799.95 - Now £499.95/€579.99 ( Is this the deal of the day??)

That's a brief list - as ever 1st to post snaffles the deal - we will be keeping an eye here over the weekend so please do post any queries and we will do our best to reply!

Please note this is not open to personal callers - to be fair we have restricted this deal for Boardies for a few days - so please do post openly if you would like to reserve anything,

Thanks as ever,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PETERDGRIFFIN

Hi John,

I like the sound of the LX70 but am baulking at the Euro converted price which seems higher than the other items you have here. Couple of Q's - How would it match up with the Tannoy Arenas?

In relation to the Arenas what would be required/recommended to go to 7.1?
    What are the footstands that are supplied?

Could you let me know (by pm if you wish) what the total cost would be for delivery in Sth Dublin or collection from the Philips Shop.

Interested pending your reply (but running out of money)

Thanks

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

johnmc wrote: »

Marantz SR5002 again really excellent AV receiver - Was £449.95 now £249.95/€299.99

John do you think this would suit my requirements??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055644727

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Peter,

Thanks for the post - there is an errror on the euro conversion on the LX70 - it should actually be €669.99 so apologies and I do hope that eases the pain!

On the Arena front - what's on offer is a full 5.1 system, unused in a slightly bashed box! to go 7.1 you will have to add another 2 satellites.

The footstands are for the satellites and esentially are just custom stands for the Satellites which bring the m to the same standard as the full Arena pack.

The price on all these offers include next day delivery.

The Arena will work 110% with the LX70 - however you could also partner the LX70 with serious speakers which it of course is completely capable of driving - if you would like suggestions on this just drop me a line and I'll try to provide a temptation package!

ATB,

John Mc
    Hi John,

I like the sound of the LX70 but am baulking at the Euro converted price which seems higher than the other items you have here. Couple of Q's - How would it match up with the Tannoy Arenas?

In relation to the Arenas what would be required/recommended to go to 7.1?
    What are the footstands that are supplied?

Could you let me know (by pm if you wish) what the total cost would be for delivery in Sth Dublin or collection from the Philips Shop.

Interested pending your reply (but running out of money)

Thanks

Peter

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

hick wrote: »
    John do you think this would suit my requirements??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055644727

Hick,

I think it M I G H T just about fit in along with a good dose of KY and a decent shoehorn - you guessed that you had just over 16cm and it measures out at exactly 160mm so it will be a close run thing - if you want to try it on a 14 day refund basis I have no problem with that ( It's not like we have ever had any stuff back from you yet ;) most of the traffic appears one-way to date!!!)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭Goose81

John im interested in the AVR 1908,I will pm you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

- if you want to try it on a 14 day refund basis I have no problem with that ( It's not like we have ever had any stuff back from you yet ;) most of the traffic appears one-way to date!!!)

John I think I might just do that, at least you know if I send it back I'll spend more on something else!!!!! So you might aswell get the 1501 ready :D

Which adds another question? I have a Sony DavSC8 can I use the speakers from that (with Banana Clips) and just upgrade one by one???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Hi John,

Is the Denon 2309 in silver or black? Very interested if it's a black one :)
    Would it work well with the Q-Acoustics 1010's and 1020's I got from you?

Thanks,
    Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

John - is the AVR 1908 sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 IanoE

Hi John,

I'd be interested in the Denon AVR 1908, if it's still free can you pm me?

tks
    Ian

On the Arena front - what's on offer is a full 5.1 system, unused in a slightly bashed box! to go 7.1 you will have to add another 2 satellites.

The footstands are for the satellites and esentially are just custom stands for the Satellites which bring the m to the same standard as the full Arena pack.

The price on all these offers include next day delivery.

The Arena will work 110% with the LX70 - however you could also partner the LX70 with serious speakers which it of course is completely capable of driving - if you would like suggestions on this just drop me a line and I'll try to provide a temptation package!

ATB,

John Mc

John,

Thanks for your response clarifying the price on the LX70.

Could I just check with you whether the stands are floor stands or the ones that sit on bookshelf/mount on a wall?

I have the dual combination of small room and small children, hence the requirement to get the stuff off the ground - My current setup has Celestion 300's as the mains (bought off you in RS Dublin many moons ago) but these are a challenge to a small child!

If you could let me know the cost of the supplementary 2 speakers to go 7.1 I would appreciate it. Please feel free to suggest an alternative setup for speakers and/or AV.

You have probably gathered from another thread I am also looking for a display and the budget is a juggle all round.

Regards

Peter

• Advertisement

hick wrote: »
    John I think I might just do that, at least you know if I send it back I'll spend more on something else!!!!! So you might aswell get the 1501 ready :D

Which adds another question? I have a Sony DavSC8 can I use the speakers from that (with Banana Clips) and just upgrade one by one???

Hick,

yes no problem - the only issue is that you will have to cut the horrible connection plug that Sony use to insert the speaker cable into thye decent binding posts on the Marantz 5002 (oh and if you turn the 5002 up - you may blow the bejesus out of those Sonys!) But seriously - there is no problem doing a step by step upgrade - however the Marantz is capable of driving WAY better speakers!

Drop me a line and we will get you sorted,

ATB,

John Mc

Neilw wrote: »
    Hi John,

Is the Denon 2309 in silver or black? Very interested if it's a black one :)
    Would it work well with the Q-Acoustics 1010's and 1020's I got from you?

Thanks,
    Neil.

Neil,

sorry for the delay getting back to you and hard luck - that 2309 is Black (get the wallet out again :eek:)

Keep me posted if you are interested,

ATB,

John Mc

John,

Thanks for your response clarifying the price on the LX70.

Could I just check with you whether the stands are floor stands or the ones that sit on bookshelf/mount on a wall?

I have the dual combination of small room and small children, hence the requirement to get the stuff off the ground - My current setup has Celestion 300's as the mains (bought off you in RS Dublin many moons ago) but these are a challenge to a small child!

If you could let me know the cost of the supplementary 2 speakers to go 7.1 I would appreciate it. Please feel free to suggest an alternative setup for speakers and/or AV.

You have probably gathered from another thread I am also looking for a display and the budget is a juggle all round.

Regards

Peter,

Peter

Thanks again for the mail - we don't have the additional satellites in stock at the moment and to be honest adding 2 satellites to this system at normal (even RS normal) prices will be uneconomical.

The supplied stands are the small bookshelf stands - and if you drop me a line with your TV/AV requirements I will have a look and see what the best Boardie system/deal I can do for you,

Thanks again and keep me posted,

(Celestion 300's 'eh - they must be a Gooooooood few years old - not bad speakers! I remember we were doing those on a Crazy deal in Dublin)

ATB,

John mc

You said in an earlier post

So before I finalise - tempt me! In the PM I sent you I asked about 7.1 and as you know I have already bought the screen from you.

Looking forward to temptation and if not to closing the original deal if all still available.

Thanks

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

Hi John,

Is the Cambridge Audio 540R V3 AV Receiver still available ?

If So, Could you recommend a set of reasonably priced surround sound speakers that could go with this ..

Just doing a new extension at the minute and I could put them into the walls, roof at the minute, so any hidden ones going cheap would be good ...

What is the general experience with in- wall speakers ?
    Are they as good as externals ?

I also need to get a new TV as well ?
    But thats probably for another day :-)

Bob

Just opened the post there John and saw the MS 402 genie satellites. Would they suit to make the 7.1?

P

Hi John,

I see you are addressing queries today. I thought this might have fallen a bit down the page so I hope you don't mind me giving it a little bump. There are queries on both pages and a PM

Thanks

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Thank god I wasn't aware of this thread when I was up there last week..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.