Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB cd/dvd drive

Options
  • 21-08-2009 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Alright lads. anyone in dublin got a usb cd/dvd drive i could borrow for a few hours?

Need to get xp/vista onto my netbook which has no dvd/cd drive, tried a few online guides of getting xp/vista onto a usb key but none of them work. Also tried a load of linux distros now and none of them work either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Anti wrote: »
    Alright lads. anyone in dublin got a usb cd/dvd drive i could borrow for a few hours?

Need to get xp/vista onto my netbook which has no dvd/cd drive, tried a few online guides of getting xp/vista onto a usb key but none of them work. Also tried a load of linux distros now and none of them work either.

I just put a link on the bargain alerts which can connect a dvd drive to a usb port(among other things). 12.5euro

On a stick yon the computer & tech forum "user guides" someone made a guide of how to load things onto a flash drive. It's supposed to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ive tried loads of them now, none work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I've used the HD-DVD drive off a xbox 360 for just that task, your welcome to it for a few hours but im in....

<

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I have one of these if it's any use to you?

Advertisement