Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

Is there any reliable way of getting what's app messenger working on a nexus 7, without rooting etc?

Any workaround I've seen is out of date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Copy from bargain alerts:

Game Dev Story free for Android on Amazon Appstore

€1.88 on Google marketplace where its rated 4.7 out of 5

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/ref=nav_sap_mas_13_12_13?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00AQCMK32

Manage your own game company and try to create a million-selling game in this unique simulation.

Features the ability to develop your company's own game console, plus a system for changing your staff members' professions.

Your staff members can have a variety of game-related professions, from programmer to sound engineer.

Work hard and you may reach the top of the video game industry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Interesting game thanks, played it for 5 minutes at my desk then went to the toilet and played it for half an hour :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I downloaded it at 1am and was still playing it at 2.10am! Addictive little game. Hard to get a lot of cash though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Hard to get a lot of cash though.

It's realistic so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/86543-How-to-Watch-Acestream-on-Android-Devices

This is a fairly essential set up for anyone who likes to stream football on their Android device, particularly on android sticks connected to tv. Obviously you'll have to source the streams yourself as posting them here is against the charter. Needless to say, if you usually stream sports you'll know how fantastic this is.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

griffdaddy wrote: »

This is a fairly essential set up for anyone who likes to stream football on their Android device..

Not only that but Acestream links are often better than 1M in quality !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Ponster wrote: »
    Not only that but Acestream links are often better than 1M in quality !

Yeah I was trying it out for some of the Europa League games during the week and had some excellent 720p streams running on my Android box on the tv without a hiccup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

lil_lisa wrote: »
    Fun game. I would suggest putting a slight pause between loading the lights and the first light going off. I keep almost missing the first light flashing because it comes so soon to everything appearing.

Yeah, first light is too soon and too short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Copy from bargain alerts:

Game Dev Story free for Android on Amazon Appstore

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/ref=nav_sap_mas_13_12_13?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00AQCMK32

While its a great game. Controls are brutal.
    Its not the fastest game on the planet either. It makes bad use of screen real estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Yeah I was trying it out for some of the Europa League games during the week and had some excellent 720p streams running on my Android box on the tv without a hiccup

BTW, are any of you having difficulty getting the hdmi connection to work? I have an ASUS TF700T and recently it won't deliver an image via hdmi.

TIA, Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

While its a great game. Controls are brutal.
    Its not the fastest game on the planet either. It makes bad use of screen real estate.

And it ates the battery too. It's cool enough, reminds me of Theme Park or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

did you have any problems with the acestream engine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

This is a fairly essential set up for anyone who likes to stream football on their Android device, particularly on android sticks connected to tv. Obviously you'll have to source the streams yourself as posting them here is against the charter. Needless to say, if you usually stream sports you'll know how fantastic this is.

I had some issues with AceStream. First trying to find the apk. Then when I did it wouldn't work.

What did work and what I'd recommend is to skip to step 2.
    Download Torrent Stream Controller from the Play store. Open that and select a channel (SS1 for me). It will detect that you don't have acestream and will download it.
    Worked fine for me then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Dublin Airport have finally released an app for Android looks very good and easy to use

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daa&hl=en

Dublin Airport have finally released an app for Android looks very good and easy to use

It's a bit slow but not too bad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

There is a deadly music making app called Caustic 3. It's like Propellerheads Reason only a bit more basic. Slick for a phone or tablet app though.

My TF700T says it is incompatible.....?? Android 4.1.1.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

BarryM wrote: »
    My TF700T says it is incompatible.....?? Android 4.1.1.......

It isn't compatible with tablets by the looks of things, locked into portrait mode too :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Could any of you recommend a mail app that will allow notifications on an individual folder (for an exchange account)? I'm currently using the stock mail app, but it only notifies on the main inbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

jenizzle wrote: »
    Could any of you recommend a mail app that will allow notifications on an individual folder (for an exchange account)? I'm currently using the stock mail app, but it only notifies on the main inbox.

Exchange by Touchdown @ €15. Expensive by Android standards but cheap for what it does.

However, maybe get the 30 day trial first, to make sure it does what you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Is there an app that I can integrate my Yahoo mail calendar into my phone?

For example, I use Simple calendar widget, but it only gets calendar info from gmail, or the stock Mail app, which I have my work email/calendar configured.

Its just annoying that theres no way to get the yahoo calendar. Tweeted Yahoo themselves and they sent me a link to the mobile webpage for the calendar!

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Is there an app that I can integrate my Yahoo mail calendar into my phone?

Have you tried solcalendar? It works fine for me with multiple gmail and yahoo calendars and has a lot of configurable options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Humble Bundle 8 now out.

This Humble Bundle features some pretty great games:
    - AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome (also included is the Android counterpart, AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! (Force = Mass x Acceleration))
    - Little Inferno
    - Gemini Rule
    - Jack Lumber
    - Hero Academy (unlockable)
    - Anomaly 2 (unlockable)

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Beat the average ($4.04) to get all 6, more to be added. Great deal....

• Advertisement

It isn't compatible with tablets by the looks of things, locked into portrait mode too :mad:

So, it isn't "an app for Android" - I got a tweet from Cork Airport saying they had one too, didn't even mention which OSs.... If it isn't for tablets, is it fr Android phones only? What's the point of that?? :confused:

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

BarryM wrote: »
    So, it isn't "an app for Android" - I got a tweet from Cork Airport saying they had one too, didn't even mention which OSs.... If it isn't for tablets, is it fr Android phones only? What's the point of that?? :confused:

Proving androids pipping apple in popularity now?

Proving androids pipping apple in popularity now?

How? They've had an app on iOS for yonks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Not compatible with note 2. :mad:

Doesn't seem to be working for most people, there's a lot of 1 star reviews up there.

1.9 rating ouch! San Andreas was a huge letdown for me anyway and the GTA games haven't translated to mobile very well anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

1.9 rating ouch! San Andreas was a huge letdown for me anyway and the GTA games haven't translated to mobile very well anyway.

Vice City crashes on me every time I start a mission. Galaxy Note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

SwiftKey working fine on galaxy note but not on htc one? Anyone else having this? It doesn't give me recommended text according to my previous word choices etc. It's turned on in settings etc

Don't know if it's been already posted but there's a few Christmas game bargains on the Play Store at the moment. I picked up Modern Combat 4, NOVA, Bard's Tale and NFS Most Wanted for around 90c each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

For anyone getting Santy to organise a tablet for the kids I recommend Famigo. I was setting up my daughters Hudl last night and took a look through the Parental Controls section of the Tesco Getting Started Guide they have preinstalled and they recommend this. It's perfect for what I want, gives you a sandbox, similar in appearance to some of the kid specific tablets, in which you can specify what apps are visible and if they can connect to the internet, it prevents in app purchases etc. It also disables the home, back and menu keys, a problem I always had when I gave her my nexus as she'd often hit one of them and exit the app. They also have a list of recommended and vetted games for kids too as well as a child friendly browser that only opens the likes of the Disney, Nick websites and a modified YouTube player that again just shows vetted kids videos.

There's a 7 day trial and then operates on a subscription basis of $0.99 per month.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.famigo.sandbox

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

ThisRegard wrote: »
    For anyone getting Santy to organise a tablet for the kids I recommend Famigo. I was setting up my daughters Hudl last night and took a look through the Parental Controls section of the Tesco Getting Started Guide they have preinstalled and they recommend this. It's perfect for what I want, gives you a sandbox, similar in appearance to some of the kid specific tablets, in which you can specify what apps are visible and if they can connect to the internet, it prevents in app purchases etc. It also disables the home, back and menu keys, a problem I always had when I gave her my nexus as she'd often hit one of them and exit the app. They also have a list of recommended and vetted games for kids too as well as a child friendly browser that only opens the likes of the Disney, Nick websites and a modified YouTube player that again just shows vetted kids videos.

There's a 7 day trial and then operates on a subscription basis of $0.99 per month.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.famigo.sandbox
    I find kiddoz great and it's free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Happy christmas everyone. Just looking for a bit of help. I have a Samsung Galay S4. Serious problem for me. I could charge it to 100% by 9 o clock and by 12 it could be down to 30 or 40 per cent. I have easy battery saver but that doesnt seem to help it at all. Is there any good app out there that could help me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any themes yed reccomend for apex launcher?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

closeline wrote: »
    Happy christmas everyone. Just looking for a bit of help. I have a Samsung Galay S4. Serious problem for me. I could charge it to 100% by 9 o clock and by 12 it could be down to 30 or 40 per cent. I have easy battery saver but that doesnt seem to help it at all. Is there any good app out there that could help me.[/yquote]

Go Power Master from the Play Store will show you which apps are using most power. It also gives lots of other useful info like battery condition etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Happy christmas everyone. Just looking for a bit of help. I have a Samsung Galay S4. Serious problem for me. I could charge it to 100% by 9 o clock and by 12 it could be down to 30 or 40 per cent. I have easy battery saver but that doesnt seem to help it at all. Is there any good app out there that could help me.

Turn your data off when not using!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Turn your data off when not using!

Well that is the one thing i need to have on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Turn off location access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Well that is the one thing i need to have on

Check out Juice Defender app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

No matter what app you install It shouldn't be dropping 70% in 3 hours unless you are constantly using it playing games. Even then it shouldn't be that high.

Have you had the phone long?

I've always found the Samsung galaxy battery performance pretty poor. The s3 the Missus has is in the same boat as you. It needs 2 or 3 full charges a day, plus occasional top ups.

Try killing location access and any radios, bluetooth etc you don't need, knocking off keypad tones/vibrations, lowering screen brightness and timeout settings, killing multitasking apps, increasing data refresh/ fetch times, knocking off or decreasing location check/GPS, and carrying a charging cable with you at all times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

And don't forget that you can buy a replacement battery for around 5 euro these days, so when the battery gets drained just slot in the fully charged battery. One of the advantages of Samsung phones!

I've always found the Samsung galaxy battery performance pretty poor.

My Samasung Galaxy Note II battery begs to differ. Over a year old now and still as good as when I first got it.

• Advertisement

I've always found the Samsung galaxy battery performance pretty poor. The s3 the Missus has is in the same boat as you. It needs 2 or 3 full charges a day, plus occasional top ups.

Try killing location access and any radios, bluetooth etc you don't need, knocking off keypad tones/vibrations, lowering screen brightness and timeout settings, killing multitasking apps, increasing data refresh/ fetch times, knocking off or decreasing location check/GPS, and carrying a charging cable with you at all times.

I'd say the missus is a heavy user that checks Facebook every 5 minutes. Any phone my gf ever had, had poor battery life. Funny how all the phones have the same issue :) my s4 used to use up 25% from 8am to 6pm on a work day with WiFi always on, brightness half way up and GPS location and whatnot on, and then I'd kill it reading news and other stuff after work by 12 pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement