Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Even better that you can go ahead and play without them, they can try beat you when they get online

No that's not good that's not good at all. Turned my phone off flight mode today. 11 notifications from Quiz Up telling me someone had completed/created a challenge. :o That's a half hour right there. Then came the inevitable two hours more and battery death.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Has the Boards.ie app disappeared from the play store?
    Deleted it couple of days ago, as wasn't opening with intention of re-installing, but not to be found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Invincible wrote: »
    Deleted it couple of days ago, as wasn't opening with intention of re-installing, but not to be found.

There is no official boards app and it's the reason you see duplicate posts buy some posters in some threads, the boards team have asked not to use it. Use touch.boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Zooper has so really nice widgets for any who use them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Invincible wrote: »

Just bookmark touch boards and add it to the homescreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Maps Measure.

Superb free app does what Google Maps should do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Jernal wrote: »
    No that's not good that's not good at all. Turned my phone off flight mode today. 11 notifications from Quiz Up telling me someone had completed/created a challenge. :o That's a half hour right there. Then came the inevitable two hours more and battery death.:o

Feck you all. Discovered the app via this thread a few days ago. I'm being badly diverted from my sleep and studies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

There is no official boards app and it's the reason you see duplicate posts buy some posters in some threads, the boards team have asked not to use it. Use touch.boards.ie

There is one in testing at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Sonic CD is free on the Amazon Appstore today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I see quiz up is only for android 4.0+ . Is there anyway to get this on older versions on android. Don't fancy updating just for this app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

Slunk wrote: »
    I see quiz up is only for android 4.0+ . Is there anyway to get this on older versions on android. Don't fancy updating just for this app

There are lots of reasons to upgrade to Android 4.x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Sonic CD is free on the Amazon Appstore today :)

Thanks for that. Large file though, for those with a data limit (264mb)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

budgemook wrote: »
    There are lots of reasons to upgrade to Android 4.x

Such as? Basically I have a desire HD with cm7 on it android 2.3 I think. I'm happy enough with the way it runs. What's the advantages of updating and how easy/difficult will it be. I take it I will lose most of my stuff too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Such as?

Running newer apps. Due to gingerbread being an older version and people upgrading some devs will drop support for anything under 4.xx

Such as? Basically I have a desire HD with cm7 on it android 2.3 I think. I'm happy enough with the way it runs. What's the advantages of updating and how easy/difficult will it be. I take it I will lose most of my stuff too?

2.3 is over 3 years old, ancient. See how much has been added to Android since. Android is ever evolving.
    http://socialcompare.com/en/comparison/android-versions-comparison

You would have to wipe the phone, you'd lose all apps and info unless you back them up. Look for CM10 guides for the phone.
    http://www.teamandroid.com/2013/03/04/update-htc-desire-hd-android-422-cm101-jelly-bean-custom-rom/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Far as I can tell there's no 4.xx custom rom for the desired hd. Had one myself and when I eventually got round to looking for one on XDA the one that was there had been removed as the Dev had stopped all support for it.

pajopearl wrote: »
    Far as I can tell there's no 4.xx custom rom for the desired hd. Had one myself and when I eventually got round to looking for one on XDA the one that was there had been removed as the Dev had stopped all support for it.

Google brings up lots of cm10.1 Desire HD links

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

pajopearl wrote: »

Seems there's a few Kit Kat and lots of Jelly Beans ROMS available: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2002349

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anyone download any good apps lately? Sold my iPhone 5 and got an M8 at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

jenno86 wrote: »
    Anyone download any good apps lately? Sold my iPhone 5 and got an M8 at the weekend.

Trigger is something I finally got around to setting up. You can create profiles to do different things, e.g. I have a wifi trigger setup for the mornings when I leave home, it turns my phone onto vibrate, starts bluetooth and starts playing my music. Then when it picks up my work wifi, it stops music, turns off bluetooth and puts the phone on silent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Anyone know of any free apps that allow you to share files between a tablet and phone, and the other way round? I frequently find I want some images on the tablet that I already have on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

jozi wrote: »
    Anyone know of any free apps that allow you to share files between a tablet and phone, and the other way round? I frequently find I want some images on the tablet that I already have on the phone.

Google Drive
    Google Plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Dropbox

Pushbullet for pushing stuff to other devices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

Pushbullet for pushing stuff to other devices

+1 - great app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Pushbullet looks like it might do what I want, will have a play with it these evening. I don't really use Dropbox or Google Drive, no need to have some of the things I want to send stored in the cloud but it has it's uses.

Pushbullet looks like it might do what I want, will have a play with it these evening. I don't really use Dropbox or Google Drive, no need to have some of the things I want to send stored in the cloud but it has it's uses.

Pushbullet has many other uses, check out all the IFTTT (if this then that) recipes
    https://ifttt.com/pushbullet
    https://ifttt.com/recipes?channel=pushbullet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jester77 wrote: »
    Trigger is something I finally got around to setting up. You can create profiles to do different things, e.g. I have a wifi trigger setup for the mornings when I leave home, it turns my phone onto vibrate, starts bluetooth and starts playing my music. Then when it picks up my work wifi, it stops music, turns off bluetooth and puts the phone on silent.

I got trigger and it's great so far. Tempted to pay for the full version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Walking Dead series is now out on Android. Episode 1 is free, others available via IAP.

Minimum specs:
    GPU: Adreno 200 series, Mali-400 series, PowerVR SGX540, or Tegra 3 CPU: Dual core 1GHz Memory: 1GB

Recommended specs:
    GPU: Adreno 300 series, Mali-T600 series, PowerVR SGX544, or Tegra 4 CPU: Quad core 1.5GHz Memory: 2GB

http://www.talkandroid.com/202793-the-walking-dead-game-series-creeps-its-way-into-the-google-play-store/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

Mr E wrote: »
    The Walking Dead series is now out on Android. Episode 1 is free, others available via IAP.

Minimum specs:
    GPU: Adreno 200 series, Mali-400 series, PowerVR SGX540, or Tegra 3 CPU: Dual core 1GHz Memory: 1GB

Recommended specs:
    GPU: Adreno 300 series, Mali-T600 series, PowerVR SGX544, or Tegra 4 CPU: Quad core 1.5GHz Memory: 2GB

http://www.talkandroid.com/202793-the-walking-dead-game-series-creeps-its-way-into-the-google-play-store/

It's a large 1.14gb additional file download with this.

€3.59 for episode 2

Plays fine on an Nexus 7(2012)

Playstore link for android

• Advertisement

Minimum specs:

Recommended specs:

Brilliant game, but disappointing as we're into season 2 on pc and their only releasing season 1 on android...

Might be a nice game on a phone, it's not an action game as such. Great story line unlike where the actual tv series have followed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Not an app but stick an email address in here and it will send you a notification of what the Free App of the Day is every morning, tried to find an app that does it but they all had ridiculous permissions so this way is cleaner:

http://dailyappreminder.com/

Thargor wrote: »
    Not an app but stick an email address in here and it will send you a notification of what the Free App of the Day is every morning, tried to find an app that does it but they all had ridiculous permissions so this way is cleaner:

http://dailyappreminder.com/

Another thing Pushbullet does well :D
    https://ifttt.com/recipes/155781-get-a-notification-of-amazon-s-free-app-of-the-day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

ES File Explorer has a handy function to send files from a phone to a tablet that are both on the same WiFi network! It's my go to File explorer on Android and this is a very iseful feature! All it needs now is ChromeCast support ;-)

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The Room Two is out on the Amazon App Store but not compatible with Kindle Fire :mad: Only with HD up...

madmoe wrote: »
    ES File Explorer has a handy function to send files from a phone to a tablet that are both on the same WiFi network! It's my go to File explorer on Android and this is a very iseful feature! All it needs now is ChromeCast support ;-)

Cheers,
    M

You can send files through WiFi direct. Easily done too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Drivesync

Two way sync with Google Drive. €5 for pro version. Best €5 I've spent on android since Ti Backup 3 years ago..............

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Lads, have a tablet running 4.1.1 & want to see if I can put a more up todate version of Android. Any suggestions?

Depends on the tablet. What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Depends on the tablet. What is it?

Its a Prestigio (PMP5597) About a year old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,534 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Anyone know if there's an Android UPnP/DLNA server type app that supports rendering a video stream locally, while sending the audio stream to a separate DLNA client? Would be nice to watch a video on my Android tablet, while having the sound routed to a network enabled stereo (though I'd imagine synching might be a problem).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone know if there's an Android UPnP/DLNA server type app that supports rendering a video stream locally, while sending the audio stream to a separate DLNA client? Would be nice to watch a video on my Android tablet, while having the sound routed to a network enabled stereo (though I'd imagine synching might be a problem).

I've a surround sound system which I can connect my tablet to using bluetooth while the video comes through the tablet. Not sure if that is what you mean.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Its a Prestigio (PMP5597) About a year old

I checked XDA Developers and could only find this thread:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2371867

Not a lot of info out there about upgrading it (through unofficial channels).

I did find this shaky (russian?) youtube clip - some useful tips in the comments.

Guide (in english): http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/59242-romprestigio-pmp5597d-stock-v107-root/

Try at your own risk. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,534 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I've a surround sound system which I can connect my tablet to using bluetooth while the video comes through the tablet. Not sure if that is what you mean.
    Same principle, but using DLNA/UPnP (over Wifi) rather than Bluetooth (stereo doesn't have bluetooth).

Can anyone recommend a camera app that has the option of putting a time stamp on photos taken with it? I have Camera Zoom FX but (surprisingly) can't find such a basic feature on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The Room Two is out on the Amazon App Store but not compatible with Kindle Fire :mad: Only with HD up...

You can get aptoide, I use it for apps that arent compatible with my chinese phones :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Can anyone recommend a camera app that has the option of putting a time stamp on photos taken with it? I have Camera Zoom FX but (surprisingly) can't find such a basic feature on it!

Camera 360 has this ability and is very good camera application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

eoferrall wrote: »

+1 for this app. I use it and am a big fan of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

eoferrall wrote: »

Which one? There seems to be 4 or 5 "Camera 360" apps

• Advertisement

This one I guess since it has over one million reviews!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement