Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

What does it do ?

It makes it twice as fast at hibernating apps, you can keep notifications after the app has been hibernated, Block app state abuse and it tells you which apps have woken certain apps and you can break the link between them. Does a few more things also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Tinie wrote: »
    What does it do ?

It makes it twice as fast at hibernating apps, you can keep notifications after the app has been hibernated, Block app state abuse and it tells you which apps have woken certain apps and you can break the link between them. Does a few more things also.

Cool downloaded it so will give it a go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gar

For anyone who may have uninstalled the app like myself the tv24 guide is finally back to its old self.

No upc still. ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭Pique

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Anyone pm the name of the app ? Pretty interested after reading about it

Would appreciate a pm with the name too please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

read the thread ffs, the two of them are named

batistuta9 wrote: »
    read the thread ffs, the two of them are named

There's a ton of apps named in this thread. But hey, thanks for the input, really appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Pique wrote: »
    There's a ton of apps named in this thread. But hey, thanks for the input, really appreciated!

that wasn't directed at you directly

yes there is tons of apps named however the ones you & others are asking for have been named in the posts directly above theirs

i'll give you a clue, i name one of the apps & the other is named in the quoted post "How is this app still in the playstore, ..."
    & another, read from the 18th on

how people are missing them and asking is incredible tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

batistuta9 wrote: »
    that wasn't directed at you directly

yes there is tons of apps named however the ones you & others are asking for have been named in the posts directly above theirs

i'll give you a clue, i name one of the apps & the other is named in the quoted post "How is this app still in the playstore, ..."
    & another, read from the 18th on

how people are missing them and asking is incredible tbh

Thanks a mill just downloaded the second one, two super apps.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭inovo

How is this app still in the playstore, it must be completely illegal!

Can somone PM me the name of the app please??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

enough asking for dodgy apps please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Today's Amazon AOTD is a selection of 11 different apps, with a music theme.

There's a piano app, TuneIn Pro, Shamzam Encore, music player, guitar learning apps, a dj-ing app and music editing :)

I reckon there's something for everyone. I like tunein pro, but I got it a few years back when the then 'android marketplace' was selling it for 10c

http://amzn.to/1laWHAO

marcbrophy wrote: »

There's a piano app, TuneIn Pro, Shamzam Encore, music player, guitar learning apps, a dj-ing app and music editing :)

I reckon there's something for everyone. I like tunein pro, but I got it a few years back when the then 'android marketplace' was selling it for 10c

How do you download these on your Android device ? I can't seen to make it work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

How do you download these on your Android device ? I can't seen to make it work :(

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/android
    You need an amazon account

That looks very interesting!
    Going to give it a try :D

• Advertisement

Get pushbullet too,you use it to push stuff to your phone, integrates nicely with IFTTT, lots of recipies
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pushbullet.android

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Is this just tasker with a nicer UI? In saying that i've still not got a grasp with tasker just yet :pac:

Get pushbullet too,you use it to push stuff to your phone, integrates nicely with IFTTT, lots of recipies
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pushbullet.android

Cool :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Cerberus is Free for today only on the Play Store. Definitely one to get

Sonics2k wrote: »

What does the app do ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

What does the app do ?

The app description has all the info.

remotely Track, trace
    Take photo, video, audio of an incorrect screen unlock
    send call/sms log
    more

RangeR wrote: »

remotely Track, trace
    send call/sms log
    more

Thanks. I couldn't get the app store to loads that's why I asked. I'll give it a go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Sonics2k wrote: »

It says that it is a one week trial and a lifetime license will cost €2.99

jester77 wrote: »

It's well worth the 2.99. What price do you put on a lost/stolen device?

jester77 wrote: »

I got an email from them a after I registered and they unlock the code for your account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It's well worth the 2.99. What price do you put on a lost/stolen device?

I'm not saying that it is not worth the price, but the original post made it sound like the app was free for today.

Got some more info from their Google Plus account, they will give everyone who registers within 30 hours of the post a free account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It initially looked good, but isn't it a bit limited ? For example if I want to set a location event so that when I'm home for example my screen lock doesn't apply, things like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It initially looked good, but isn't it a bit limited ? For example if I want to set a location event so that when I'm home for example my screen lock doesn't apply, things like that?

That's not the intended use for the app.

ThisRegard wrote: »

Get Tasker, this is exactly what it does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

I can only get the piano app. The rest of them are listed when I click on the free 32pound of app but I can't download any of them. Is anyone else having this issue?

• Advertisement

Get Tasker, this is exactly what it does
    What's the one that's similar to Tasker but is a lot more basic?

What's the one that's like Tasker but is a lot more basic?

Llama
    on{x}

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Vikings wrote: »
    Is this just tasker with a nicer UI? In saying that i've still not got a grasp with tasker just yet :pac:

For Tasker with a better UI, check out AutomateIT. Excellent app.

numorouno wrote: »
    I can only get the piano app. The rest of them are listed when I click on the free 32pound of app but I can't download any of them. Is anyone else having this issue?

This happening on the website or the android app?

I only added a few through the website and it worked fine for me! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

This happening on the website or the android app?

I only added a few through the website and it worked fine for me! :)

the app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Never mind

numorouno wrote: »
    the app

I tested it there with Shazam.
    It gave me an error after I tapped on install button (Please try later, to that effect).
    I pressed OK on the error message and tapped install again.
    The second time it started downloading.

If you're seeing the error message like I did, maybe try press install again, to see if it works. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

remotely Track, trace
    send call/sms log
    more

It also see when a new SIM has been put into the phone and emails you with the number of the new SIM card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Condi is a decent Tasker Lite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Android PCAP Kismet Wireless

Android_PCAP.gif

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kismetwireless.android.pcapcapture
    Android PCAP Capture is a utility for capturing raw 802.11 frames (“Monitor mode”, or sometimes referred to as “Promiscuous mode”).

Android PCAP Capture uses an external USB RTL8187 Wi-Fi card and does not require a custom ROM or root privileges.

---

This has been out a while, but it is certainly a novelty, using an external Wifi dongle alongside your device, not being Rooted..

YouTube user Andrew McNeil has an interesting project which gives you an idea of what you can do with hardware, alongside your phone.

---

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

God that is a bit creepy, I'd hope that's not going to be of interest to too many here. This sort of thing is open to so much abuse.

This is a request so apologies if it's not for this thread. Mods delete if so.

Looking for decent apps for a 2-year old on a tablet. I've an old Touchpad not getting much love since I got a Nexus7 and wanna set it up for the little lad.

Before someone says some crap about bad parenting blah blah blah, don't bother.

Cheers all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Pique wrote: »
    This is a request so apologies if it's not for this thread. Mods delete if so.

Looking for decent apps for a 2-year old on a tablet. I've an old Touchpad not getting much love since I got a Nexus7 and wanna set it up for the little lad.

Before someone says some crap about bad parenting blah blah blah, don't bother.

Cheers all.

Hi Pique,

This might help - http://www.commonsensemedia.org/lists/best-android-apps-for-kids

Ben

BenThere wrote: »

Cool. Good source. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Wanted to check with those in the know here if there were any opinions on offline GPS apps. I was about to spend the £20 for the Sygic app as I used and liked the weeks trial, anything else I should look at before spending that sort of cash? Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Have a look at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.osmand

The free version is limited to 10 map downloads rather than a time based limit.

One of the free downloads will be the world base map so in effect 9 free map downloads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

James74 wrote: »
    Wanted to check with those in the know here if there were any opinions on offline GPS apps. I was about to spend the £20 for the Sygic app as I used and liked the weeks trial, anything else I should look at before spending that sort of cash? Thanks all.

I use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mapfactor.navigator for offline Navigation in Continental Europe to save data roaming charges and I find it works a treat. When you launch it you're offered the option of using paid for Tom Tom maps or free community maps. I use (and download) the free community maps and have no problem with them.

Ben

James74 wrote: »

NavFree. Free, works well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

BenThere wrote: »
    I use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mapfactor.navigator for offline Navigation in Continental Europe to save data roaming charges and I find it works a treat. When you launch it you're offered the option of using paid for Tom Tom maps or free community maps. I use (and download) the free community maps and have no problem with them.

Ben
    Do you find that you need to have data roaming enabled to get the initial GPS signal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Just posted this over in the motors forum, should recommend it here too I suppose.

Fuelio. For tracking petrol etc, very detailed and easy to use with a dedicated developer who regularly updates. Free version is fully functional or for €1.50 the Pro version adds more useful functions like auto back up etc. Of all the apps I have on my phone this would receive my highest recommendations!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement