Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cakesnjelly

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Maybe hes a secret agent?

This sounds much better :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

does anyone know what the live wallpaper app is, it has a rotating cube, i think it does other shapes aswell but not totally sure

anyone :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Hey guys any eBook readers out there might wanna try FBReaderJ as an alternative to Aldiko, I find it a bit faster opening books (though not as polished) on my Galaxy S. :)
    http://www.fbreader.org/FBReaderJ/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Looking for something similar to Wavesecure that allows for remote shutdown of the phone when lost but free, basically im a cheapskate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Has anyone got any good running/jogging app? I'm using RunKeeper at the moment but I'd like one that allows me to play music and put in audio ques. (I'm aware RunKeeper Pro can do this but it's a little pricey)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Looking for something similar to Wavesecure that allows for remote shutdown of the phone when lost but free, basically im a cheapskate

I have wavesecure for free, for life, because I signed up when it was in beta. I told some friends about it, but they never signed up & now they are pissed off they didn't listen to me.

In summary, I am deadly, you have to pay for wavesecure...

Has anyone got any good running/jogging app? I'm using RunKeeper at the moment but I'd like one that allows me to play music and put in audio ques. (I'm aware RunKeeper Pro can do this but it's a little pricey)

SportsTracker is good. It doesn't play music, but allows you to use the music player at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

The Pro version of sportypal which is free in beta at the minute does what you want i think. All the features aren't enabled yet, so i'm not sure....

Bluefoam wrote: »
    SportsTracker is good. It doesn't play music, but allows you to use the music player at the same time.

Does it allow q's? I'm doing C25K at the moment and I'd like to know when to start running/jogging.

Gryzor wrote: »
    The Pro version of sportypal which is free in beta at the minute does what you want i think. All the features aren't enabled yet, so i'm not sure....

Thanks.

Downloaded sporty pal and Sports Tracker.

• Advertisement

Does it allow q's?

I dunno what a q's is. It has all sorts of stuff I don't use, like heart rate stuff & things...

I dunno what a q's is. It has all sorts of stuff I don't use, like heart rate stuff & things...

I've just had a look and I dont think it does. Boo

What I mean by q's is, I walk for 5 mins, then run for 90sec then walk for 2mins. I'd like to know when to stop and start.

I don't think it has that. but it will replay your journey on a map showing real time speeds - usless but fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I've just had a look and I dont think it does. Boo

What I mean by q's is, I walk for 5 mins, then run for 90sec then walk for 2mins. I'd like to know when to stop and start.

why not just have a good jog and push your limits :)

why not just have a good jog and push your limits :)

I find it much easier to stick by a program such as C25K. That way, I don't die.

women...that what my gf does...she just gives up at the first sight of pain or exhaustion :)

women...that what my gf does...she just gives up at the first sight of pain or exhaustion :)

I'm actually a guy. :confused:

I joke, I've got bewbs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I'm actually a guy. :confused:

I joke, I've got bewbs.

Could still be a guy (man bewbs) hence the need to start jogging :P

what the hell is bewbs

what the hell is bewbs

Bags of sand

• Advertisement

all these terms :) we call it tires around here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

I have wavesecure for free, for life, because I signed up when it was in beta. I told some friends about it, but they never signed up & now they are pissed off they didn't listen to me.

where's the "i hope u lose your phone and wavesecure doesnt work" button :P

ill prob end up buying it for piece of mind, does it work well (ie is it worth the $20)?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

ill prob end up buying it for piece of mind, does it work well (ie is it worth the $20)?

I had Wavesecure on Trial and now that is over.

It is in Limited mode which still allows me to back up but not restore or wipe etc.

Can I just leave it like this and if I ever lose my phone, pay for it then to wipe the phone and restore my data to a new phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

It might be possible to set up Tasker so that if it gets a text from a particular number that it fires up something like Google Latitude and the GPS service and then turns on a pinlock on the phone. Interesting. I think you just gave me my project for the weekend. :)

I'm pretty sure that they class 'for life' as only as long as you keep the device you have WS installed on now, once you move to another device, you have to pay for it. So ha ha to you? :)

I think it's well worth it. From their website you can kick off a remote backup and then either lock it with a custom message, remote wipe it or lock and track it. If you chose to lock it, you can also lock it and have it turn on an alarm on the device which essentially makes it scream non stop at full volume. :)
    It also auto backs up your contacts, call log, sms messages once a day to their website, when you plug in the phone. Also, you can set up to 10 'buddy numbers' and wavesecure will text these numbers with the mobile number of any sim card that is inserted in your phone. So if someone nicks your phone and sticks their own sim in there, your buddies will get a text with the thief's number. That's a lot of features for twenty quid. Fair enough, you may never need to use it but if you do, you may be damn glad of it.

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    It might be possible to set up Tasker so that if it gets a text from a particular number that it fires up something like Google Latitude and the GPS service and then turns on a pinlock on the phone. Interesting. I think you just gave me my project for the weekend. :)
    There is an app called 'pintail' that allows you to send a text to your phone from another phone and it send back its GPS position...
    I'm pretty sure that they class 'for life' as only as long as you keep the device you have WS installed on now, once you move to another device, you have to pay for it. So ha ha to you? :)
    I haven't really looked into it, but you pay for the subscription, not the app. I can change my phone details online...

There is an app called 'pintail' that allows you to send a text to your phone from another phone and it send back its GPS position...

Nice one, I'll have a look at that too.
    I haven't really looked into it, but you pay for the subscription, not the app. I can change my phone details online...

Hey ignore my sour grapes. :) Don't get me wrong, I hope you have it free forever but seeing as WS is soon to be owned by <spits> McAfee, I'm sure they'll be doing what they can to revoke the 'free for life' clause. I hope you can stick it to them, though. :)

Ha ha, I just logged in & it states: Lifetime Account (for this device)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Trillian IM beta has been released.
    It nice :)
    thumb160x_qrcode-trillianandroid.jpg
    (this doesnt go to the market, just make sure Unknown Sources is allowed for app installs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,
    For those using Tasker, have you guys seen much of an improvement in battery life?

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    For those using Tasker, have you guys seen much of an improvement in battery life?

Cheers,
    M

Not really but that's because I haven't really used it to improve the battery. I'm sure if I set up some different profiles, I would see a difference though.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

It might be possible to set up Tasker so that if it gets a text from a particular number that it fires up something like Google Latitude and the GPS service and then turns on a pinlock on the phone. Interesting. I think you just gave me my project for the weekend.

These guys http://lifehacker.com/5611003/build-a-find-my-iphone-clone-for-android give a step by step how to set up Tasker to do this.

These guys http://lifehacker.com/5611003/build-a-find-my-iphone-clone-for-android give a step by step how to set up Tasker to do this.

Bah, stupid internet. No matter what you want to do, someone else gets there first. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Where's my droid is a great app - gives gps coordinates of phone and also makes phone ring out loud if you have left it on silent.

Talking Tom is a great app...

its a 3D talking cat app :) damn i laughed hard when i found it :) believe me its worth :) especially if there's loads of people around :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

@kenno90
    please pm a mod and confirm this is not a ripped version of a full game and we can restore your post.
    thanks, random.

• Advertisement

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been mentioned before but there is a Full Need for Speed game for Android

From what I've heard it works very well on the HTC Desire but people have had trouble getting it to work on the Galaxy S

Haven't tried it though as i'm still waiting on my Desire to be back in stock
    :rolleyes:

Discussion Here

Direct Download Here

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

PH4T wrote: »
    I had Wavesecure on Trial and now that is over.

It is in Limited mode which still allows me to back up but not restore or wipe etc.

Can I just leave it like this and if I ever lose my phone, pay for it then to wipe the phone and restore my data to a new phone?

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Talking Tom is a great app...

its a 3D talking cat app :) damn i laughed hard when i found it :) believe me its worth :) especially if there's loads of people around :)

Me & Mrs. Lucan have been having loads of fun with this,it's feckin' hilarious!:D

lord lucan wrote: »
    Me & Mrs. Lucan have been having loads of fun with this,it's feckin' hilarious!:D

ah stop i didnt laugh alot but i showed it to my mother and my lil brother and it kept repeating everything they said ...my mum couldn't stop laughing..i mean i had to take the phone off her lol :)

system panel :) great app for monitor your system activity aswell as a task manager app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

MultiTask Manager http://i.imgur.com/0U7Ph.png

Baza210 wrote: »

does any one acutally use multi tasking on android? its kinda pointless cause it always auto saves on where you left off...close open close open :) you can also hold down the home button for recent apps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

does any one acutally use multi tasking on android? its kinda pointless cause it always auto saves on where you left off...close open close open :) you can also hold down the home button for recent apps

Some stuff I use multitasking for are

Use Locale or Tasker to change phone settings based on rules (like location, time, phone orientation, battery level etc.)

Going out for a jog while listening to music while another app is tracking and timing your route.

Leaving a podcast app running in the background that pulls down new programmes when they appear. Multi tasking isn't essential for that but when I didn't have it as an option I always forgot to do it manually and usually remembered when I'd no internet access.

meh recent apps do me just fine :) and if need em turned of i just hit the kill all widget droid :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Bit off topic lads but I just got me an 8GB microSD card and want to use it with my Nexus One. I have the old 4GB still in there.

What is the best way to go about setting this up? Will I copy all from the existing 4GB to my PC including any hidden directories etc. and then copy all these across to the new 8GB card? Does the 8GB have to be formatted by phone first??

Cheers,
    M

PS: What about any apps that are set up to run form the SD card??

yup pretty much...copy paste :) if you dont feel safe look up titanium back up in the market...can back up your apps and setting if your changing builds or w/e...though requires root access

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Need to break out some Stairway to Heaven but haven't got your guitar?
    SHABAM! :D
    205137.jpg
    Guitar Solo Lite, paid version has electric guitar and other stuff.

Now excuse me: "If I leeeeave here tomorrroooooooow..."
    detailsidcomcodingcavem.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Baza210 wrote: »

Visual Task Switcher http://i.imgur.com/hHNcJ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

It was probably mentioned already but must say that gallery3d is v good,, you can sync with your online Picasa account so that all your photos are in the cloud not taking up any of your sd space ,, not available on market,, one thing I found is you need to be logged in on the browser so if you clear your cache the photos disappear and you must log in online again,, doesn't seen to recognize my account on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

BopNiblets wrote: »
    205137.jpg
    Guitar Solo Lite, paid version has electric guitar and other stuff.

That was one of the very first apps I downloaded! Seen it on youtube when I was researching the Nexus One. It was my "Oh look at what my new phone can do" app that I showed to everyone!:D

Tub Thumper is also a pretty good one with three different types of drum sounds in the free version and a host more stuff in the paid version, Tub Thumper Pro.

screen?id=4665925291685430415&i=2

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement