Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

XON Episode 1 <<< Playstore link.

Don't play this if you want to try and solve the game yourself!

A good puzzle adventure game to be used with the chromecast mirroring.

The walking dead and X-plane 9 also work well with mirroring.

Anyone else have some recommendations for apps that work well with mirroring to chromecast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Rte news now app has finally been updated.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Rte news now app has finally been updated.

Yeah, decent job too, now has side swipe. It's finally better than the mobile site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Thargor wrote: »
    Backed this project last night, he's shipping them in July whether he meets his goal or not:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wantcardboard-google-cardboard-kits

I went on the website just now as I was thinking of signing up too, but the deadline has passed :(

Let us know when you get the kit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I went on the website just now as I was thinking of signing up too, but the deadline has passed :(

Let us know when you get the kit!
    I think I should have saved a tenner and got something like this from Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-New-Google-Cardboard-Valencia-Quality-3d-Vr-Virtual-Reality-Glasses-/251588044512?pt=US_3D_TV_Glasses_Accessories&hash=item3a93d0e6e0

Even coming from China I probably would have had it before having to wait for the campaign to close on Indiegogo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Anyone know of a good app that you can log working hrs in? I've got a spreadsheet but I may ad well make use of my phone

Swiftkey really starting to piss me off now, seems to be a new notification about utter bullsh1t features in my taskbar every morning, spam emails in my Gmail etc, except now today I go to send a text, keyboard takes an age to appear, just as I go to retry it finally loads a stupid offer about 10 free keyboard themes if I sign in, its a fcuking keyboard, I dont want to be part of their "community" :mad:

One more and I'm off to Swype.

Swype is better for swiping IMO and has ctrl+c and ctrl+v shortcuts. Swiftkey Flow is nowhere near as good for swiping users. If only I could get predictions as good in Swype as they are in Swiftkey I'd have the perfect keyboard

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/18/5915415/google-adding-in-app-purchase-protections-european-commission

Good news, anything with in-app purchases is losing its "free" tag in the android store.

• Advertisement

Swiftkey really starting to piss me off now, seems to be a new notification about utter bullsh1t features in my taskbar every morning, spam emails in my Gmail etc, except now today I go to send a text, keyboard takes an age to appear, just as I go to retry it finally loads a stupid offer about 10 free keyboard themes if I sign in, its a fcuking keyboard, I dont want to be part of their "community" :mad:

Not sure why that's happening, haven't experienced any of that.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭beardo81

jozi wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good app that you can log working hrs in? I've got a spreadsheet but I may ad well make use of my phone

I use an app called Time Recording, no link as I'm on phone, search for it in Play Store. Easy to use, has a widget and will back your hours up to Google drive automatically if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Go into the advanced settings and disable notifications..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Leo's Fortune is amazing.

Got it when it was €3.69, they raised the price to €4.49 though now the cheeky dev!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Patww79 wrote: »
    Pity it scrolls like the erosion of stone.

Doesn't even load the content for me, worked the first time I opened it but since then just sits there with a blank page

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The content is there for me, but there's no sense to the order anything is in on the home page, it's just random. At the moment the top 10 stories on the front page for me are as follows:

News - 2 minutes ago
    News - 1 hour ago
    News - 13 minutes ago
    GAA - 1 hour ago
    Entertainment - 3 hours ago
    News - 4 hours ago
    News - 1 hour ago
    Business - sometime yesterday
    Golf - 4 hours ago

That's just shabby. I regularly used the app, but I can't see myself bothering too much any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

RoryMac wrote: »
    Doesn't even load the content for me, worked the first time I opened it but since then just sits there with a blank page

I get content maybe once in 9 or 10 attempts. Old app was imperfect but at least it's content was accessible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

There really should be an option to downgrade apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Always keep a backup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Ste- wrote: »
    Always keep a backup

Do a Google search I got a older version of Facebook that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi.

Does anyone know of an app that I can sync with a folder on my computer and have those files copied directly to the external SD card on my Android phone? I tried Dropbox and did not see a way for this to be done.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

Does anyone know of an app that I can sync with a folder on my computer and have those files copied directly to the external SD card on my Android phone? I tried Dropbox and did not see a way for this to be done.

Dropsync will do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Zaph wrote: »
    The content is there for me, but there's no sense to the order anything is in on the home page, it's just random. At the moment the top 10 stories on the front page for me are as follows:

News - 2 minutes ago
    News - 1 hour ago
    News - 13 minutes ago
    GAA - 1 hour ago
    News - 4 hours ago
    News - 1 hour ago
    Business - sometime yesterday
    Golf - 4 hours ago

That's just shabby. I regularly used the app, but I can't see myself bothering too much any more.

Got a notification from RTE app this morning about some breaking news story. Tapped on the notification, the app opened and the story wasn't even there...

loyatemu wrote: »
    Got a notification from RTE app this morning about some breaking news story. Tapped on the notification, the app opened and the story wasn't even there...

Same as that, works grand on wifi, terrible on data.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Hi.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Dropsync will do it.

Will Dropsync do the reverse - move files (my latest photos) off my phone onto a designated folder on my laptop, and delete the original from my phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

All RTÉ apps seem to brutal for streaming, have issues streaming their radio on TuneIn too, and it's never a connection problem (Newstalk will work fine in same settings). Fierce annoying.

Speaking of tunein pro, I've found it very poor lately. They changed the UI a while back which I don't like and it's constantly Disconnecting and buffering, even on a good connection.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Hi.

Is there a podcast app that you can download the podcasts to the external SD card instead of the limited internal phone storage?

Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hi.

Is there a podcast st app that you can download the podcasts to the external SD card instead of the limited internal phone storage?

Cheers.

Pocketcasts give you this option.

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Hi Lucas. Any free alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Hi Lucas. Any free alternative?

I use podcast addict and fairly sure it does that for me...

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    I use podcast addict and fairly sure it does that for me...

This the one?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bambuna.podcastaddict&hl=en

Soccer stars by miniclip is a decent game. Basically it's 5-a-side air hockey against human opponents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

yeah, ya might have to do a wee bit messing around to get it to work though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Beyondpod does it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

My favourite is Podcast Republic. Awesome app

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    My favourite is Podcast Republic. Awesome app

+1

dulpit wrote: »
    All RTÉ apps seem to brutal for streaming, have issues streaming their radio on TuneIn too, and it's never a connection problem (Newstalk will work fine in same settings). Fierce annoying.
    RTE is a piece of ****, couldnt manage to stream 15 minutes of the World Cup on it, just error after error, watched about 6 matches on FilmOn without a single issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Hi.

Is there a podcast app that you can download the podcasts to the external SD card instead of the limited internal phone storage?

Cheers.

Player FM will allow you to save to the SD card as well.

What's a 'virtual podcast'? I've seen that option in a few podcast apps.

Edit: This explains it: http://www.beyondpod.com/Android/help/VirtualFeeds.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Newhand

I fully recommend a game called Tiny Thief. Had it sitting on my phone for ages now and just didn't have a chance to try it, which was a mistake as it is a nice little puzzler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Just installed Hola. It's a free VPN app and is very easy to use. I tried it out on Netflix and it works fine for the US content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

yeah love this, watch everything on netflix.co.uk then switch it on and watch the american stuff ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

daytob wrote: »
    yeah love this, watch everything on netflix.co.uk then switch it on and watch the american stuff ;)

Can this new used with the Netflix android app at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

dahat wrote: »
    Can this new used with the Netflix android app at all?

huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.link2sdplus&hl=en

http://tutorial-fornewbie.blogspot.ie/2013/04/how-to-use-link2sd-on-android-device.html

For anyone with low space issues, link2sd (or plus to unlock all options and move everything) and the above tutorial is a great help.

Basically you wipe your SD card and reparation it, then you link files from your internal memory to the smaller partition and keep the larger one for pictures/music etc.

I done it and ended up with loads of free space and i have all my apps on my internal memory,I don't need to move any to my SD card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

daytob wrote: »
    huh?

Thought the same reading it back myself.
    Doesn't matter now anyway as I just tried it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

dahat wrote: »
    Thought the same reading it back myself.
    Doesn't matter now anyway as I just tried it out.
    Did it work?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement