Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Did it work?

Doesn't seem to, content seems to be the same with the hola on.
    What shows are US exclusive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

dahat wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to, content seems to be the same with the hola on.
    What shows are US exclusive?

Just gave it a go and it works, Changed it to the Dutch netflix and got the new Thor film . Happy days .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭ooter

timetogo wrote: »
    Just installed Hola. It's a free VPN app and is very easy to use. I tried it out on Netflix and it works fine for the US content.

I heard about this app last night for the first time,installed it on my Chromebook and it worked fine but it wouldn't work on my phone (nexus).well I was trying to access BBC iPlayer, does that work through the phone app?
    Is there just the one version on play store, maybe I downloaded the wrong one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Did it work?

Yes it works. Which is why I posted it on the thread. (Used it on a Galaxy Note 10.1).

On US Netflix there's the new Star Trek and some other newer movies.

I messed around with tying to get the BBC iPlayer but that doesn't appear on my store even when I'm using Hola. Didn't investigate too hard though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Just gave it a go and it works, Changed it to the Dutch netflix and got the new Thor film . Happy days .

Excellent, in work doing it so rushing at it, will look further tonight but did as you did and bingo.

What a great little app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Newhand wrote: »
    I fully recommend a game called Tiny Thief. Had it sitting on my phone for ages now and just didn't have a chance to try it, which was a mistake as it is a nice little puzzler.
    Its brilliant alright, he added a load of stuff to it since I last played aswell, really tense when you get down deep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

Newhand wrote: »
    I fully recommend a game called Tiny Thief. Had it sitting on my phone for ages now and just didn't have a chance to try it, which was a mistake as it is a nice little puzzler.
    Thargor wrote: »
    Its brilliant alright, he added a load of stuff to it since I last played aswell, really tense when you get down deep.

Got it when amazon had it as a free app of the day, I have yet to download and play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Best app to download music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Dialapp is pretty awesome. If you have a nexus it does it already by default but basically you can type the name of a business directly in the dialer and it brings up the number ready to call. I have it set up with nova launcher so my regular phone app is on the home screen but if I flick up it launches Dialapp. Extremely handy for ringing takeaways, work contacts etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Dialapp is pretty awesome. If you have a nexus it does it already by default but basically you can type the name of a business directly in the dialer and it brings up the number ready to call. I have it set up with nova launcher so my regular phone app is on the home screen but if I flick up it launches Dialapp. Extremely handy for ringing takeaways, work contacts etc.

Doesn't that work by default on stock dialler (note3 here)?

If I go to dial 'Mick' for example, I simply start tapping in 6,4, 2, 5 and a selection of Mick's/or numbers that have that sequence of numbers in it, eg, 08-6425 etc comes up.

Doesn't that work by default on stock dialler (note3 here)?

If I go to dial 'Mick' for example, I simply start tapping in 6,4, 2, 5 and a selection of Mick's/or numbers that have that sequence of numbers in it, eg, 08-6425 etc comes up.

Yeah every dialer does that. The beauty of dialapp is if I start typing say, 'McDonald's' it brings up a list of 'McDonald's' in the area that can be dialled straight away by pulling their phone numbers from the net. It's worked with pretty much any type of business I've tried in Dublin. Very handy

Yeah every dialer does that. The beauty of dialapp is if I start typing say, 'McDonald's' it brings up a list of 'McDonald's' in the area that can be dialled straight away by pulling their phone numbers from the net. It's worked with pretty much any type of business I've tried in Dublin. Very handy

Ah.... Sorry, I completely misunderstood you, that sounds extremely interesting actually.

Must give it a go here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

What is the story with Greenify?
    I recently rooted my phone especially so I could buy the donation pack and greenify some system apps. However when I try I get a message saying "this app is ungreenifiable" , that's everything from samsung apps to google hangouts.
    I have followed the instructions and enabled "experimental features" in greenify. So what am I doing wrong ,any have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Thatdialapp is ace,thanks guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

What is the story with Greenify?
    I recently rooted my phone especially so I could buy the donation pack and greenify some system apps. However when I try I get a message saying "this app is ungreenifiable" , that's everything from samsung apps to google hangouts.
    I have followed the instructions and enabled "experimental features" in greenify. So what am I doing wrong ,any have any advice?

What apps are you trying to Greenify?

Wipe data
    Wipe cache
    Check what mode you have in options
    Check exposed installer
    Try beta versions
    Uninstall/reinstall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I never knew my N4 could do that. Pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Which one ? There seem to be a few in the play store

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Which one ? There seem to be a few in the play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dexetra.dialer

Thanks for that I've been looking for something along the lines of this for a while. I will give it a go and see how I get on with it.

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

What?

Wrong thread....removed it, reposted to random photos thread....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Anyone else getting a bunch of errors on the Play Store devices section? Was checking out the Chromecast and Wireless charger and keep getting errors, and a message saying it's not available in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

+1 for dialapp. I really like that you can search for the nearby businesses and then call them directly or get the directions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

neacy69 wrote: »
    +1 for dialapp. I really like that you can search for the nearby businesses and then call them directly or get the directions...

I used to run a Google Play Edition ROM on my HTC One, have since switched back to Sense. One of the things I missed the most when going back to Sense was the dialler - the Kit Kat dialler is excellent. This app has solved that issue, nice catch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

Monument Valley only €1.80 at present!

Be warned there is only 10 Levels at present, so short game play!

More bonus levels are in the works.
    ustwo is now spending some of its unexpected MV windfall on building out some new levels. There’s no confirmation on exactly how many it will build yet — although Gray says the aim is to roughly double the gameplay time with a sequence of ‘lost scenes’. (Average gameplay time worked out at around 90 minutes.)

Quote taken from here.

Edit: Amazon.co.uk: - Shuttle+ Music Player (chromecast supported) - Free App of the Day!

Or 68 Cent on google play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Amazon app store are doing their $100 worth of free apps again, here's a link to the list of apps on US store, assume UK is largely similar:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/news/amazon-appstore-offers-android-apps-worth-over-100-for-free-568489

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Anyone know of a good TV guide? Looking for one with sports guide if possible, but has European and American listing. TV Guide has them, but you have to keep changing the settings to go from one to the other so it's not great. And tv24 only has UK stations. Basically looking for a guide that goes with certain streaming apps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

12 of the best new Android apps from July

The best of the year so far and last year in link aswell.

loklok is in the list again this month, POS wouldn't even install right last time I tried it.

Will give it another whirl.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Monument Valley is currently on sale for €1.80.

Absolutely stunning game.

Highly recommend.

Double posted.

My apologies.

• Advertisement

Visually stunning or good to play aswell?

Visually stunning or good to play aswell?

Both, it looks amazing.

The controls are simply and elegant.

Tap and the character moves!

Guys does anybody use or know of an app that can link my contacts quickly ?

This is the 3rd time in the last few months I've had to re-link my entire contact list. For some reason they just all separate every few weeks and it's a pain to do it manually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

constantly updating the facebook app?
    are you backing up to google every week or so?
    http://www.coolmuster.com/android/android-contacts-editor.html

daytob wrote: »
    constantly updating the facebook app?
    are you backing up to google every week or so?
    http://www.coolmuster.com/android/android-contacts-editor.html

No linking my contacts together. I could have 2 or 3 numbers for the same people, email address and Facebook and in my contact list on the phone the same person will show up as 4 or 5 separate people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

AndroidGuys did a breakdown of the best browsers on Android at the moment, and one that rated highly is one I had never heard of before - CM Browser.

It's a tiny download, small memory footprint and very fast. Worth a look.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ksmobile.cb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

emmetkenny wrote: »
    No linking my contacts together. I could have 2 or 3 numbers for the same people, email address and Facebook and in my contact list on the phone the same person will show up as 4 or 5 separate people.

Get your contacts sorted. Just add people as Google contacts only, don't use SIM or phone. You can easily merge double ups when they are in Google contacts. Export your phone and sim contacts to your SD (you can do all at once but concentrate on either SIM or phone seperately) and then import them from SD to Google, then you can edit them on your PC. After you can stop your phone showing SIM and phone contacts or even delete them like I did.

There are then apps that allow you link Facebook and Google contacts to give you thumbnails etc, someone else will suggest one, I don't use FB myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Mr E wrote: »
    AndroidGuys did a breakdown of the best browsers on Android at the moment, and one that rated highly is one I had never heard of before - CM Browser.

It's a tiny download, small memory footprint and very fast. Worth a look.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ksmobile.cb

I've been using the CM browser for a couple of months now. I find it's lightning quick compared to others, and very easy to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

RichT wrote: »
    I've been using the CM browser for a couple of months now. I find it's lightning quick compared to others, and very easy to use.

Loving it, shame you can't change Amazon, eBay etc to UK version. Minor gripes. That and the little a to z tab doesn't appear when searching on boards like it does on chrome. Think it will become my default. Why is chrome so huge an app in relation to CM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Loving it, shame you can't change Amazon, eBay etc to UK version. Minor gripes. That and the little a to z tab doesn't appear when searching on boards like it does on chrome. Think it will become my default. Why is chrome so huge an app in relation to CM?

Probably because it's the most used one in the world, made by Google, works really well and and comes pre installed on almost every phone.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I think he means file size -- 28.1 MB for Chrome vs. 1.3 MB for CM

Whoa. It's fast. Really fast.

Anyone know if I can import all my bookmarks from other browsers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mr E wrote: »
    I think he means file size -- 28.1 MB for Chrome vs. 1.3 MB for CM

Ah..... Sorry I've had a lot of coffee.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Does cm support addons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

How does CM compare to Dolphin? Dolphin with the jetpack enabled is already lightning quick compared to chrome and has add-ons, adblock, Lastpass etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Ah..... Sorry I've had a lot of coffee.

Usually it's a lack of coffee people use as an excuse! :)

P.S.....

o6M82.jpg

Whoa. It's fast. Really fast.

Anyone know if I can import all my bookmarks from other browsers?

Yes, look around the bookmarks section - you can import from Chrome. It didn't keep my bookmark folder structure, so be warned if you have lots of nicely organised bookmarks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Anyone know why this browser "is not compatible on my device"? Nexus 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Anyone know why this browser "is not compatible on my device"? Nexus 10.

Not for Nexus 7 either. It's designed for phones presumably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

CM looks nice. I use Javelin browser as well. It has a built in adblocker.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement