Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Niemoj wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a password manager? I want to change all the passwords I've come up with myself with secure generated ones.

Not too concerned about price as long as it's secure, has a windows app and easy to use.

Cheers.

Recommend Lastpass also, it's multi platform but the Android integration is $12 a year but well worth it as it does in app logins also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Another Lastpass recommendation. I pay the 12e yearly.

They have been pretty good with being transparent, when they were partially breached twice in the last few years.

A long master password and 2FA, and I feel for the most part safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Are they really that secure? I downloaded 1password the other day after hearing podcasts raving about it, but I'm just so wary of putting my info into them.

You yourself are the weakest link, the info will be encrypted on their server meaning a hacker have to socially engineer the password by phishing it from you. Don't reuse passwords, each and every password must be random and unique then you have nothing to worry about. I have 2 passwords in my head, Lastpass and Gmail, the rest are completely random

• Advertisement

I've one for Google and PayPal and one for everything else. I might sit down some day and make up one for everything but I don't like the idea of random generation in case 1password, lastpass, etc went wallop some day. If you keep stuff like bank details and all in them, how secure are they?

Change them. If hackers get the password for one site, they'll have access to all others. Sites get hacked everyday and just keep it quiet. You can download your lastpass vault to a file and open it with a password.

Paid Lastpass will work with any browser (or in app logins too), there is also an add-on for the Dolphin browser. I use Lastpass with chrome on my Windows desktop, Linux desktop and on Android.

Cheers, Chrome is a must. I'll have a better look when I get a new phone. Does it have fingerprint use built in?

Google tells me it can. Lastpass can also use Google authenticator for two step

Btw, I'm not a fan of fingerprint security, I think it's madness to set security to something that cannot be changed. Also the fingerprint is easily lifted and the screen of a phone is the perfect place to get it. Google it, it can be done in minutes

• Advertisement

Jesus isn't there a LastPass thread anywhere?

In downloaded it there for a quick look and to be honest it looks wildly over complicated for what I want. I can see how people would want all the options but all I really want is somewhere to save the name of the site and the username and password, the same as if I had them in a notebook. I know I could do that on Google Keep but something more secure with a master pin would be even better. When I hit the red + button on lastpass I didn't even know what the three options meant that it gave me.

This is exactly what it does. Install the add-on in your desktop browser, login to a site and it will offer to save the login details. I don't add login details from Android at all, always from chrome on my desktop. You are making a mistake starting with mobile

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I appreciate all the recommendations.

Is it $12 a year or €12?

Sounds very cheap, €1/$1 a month is pittance really.

Is it $12 a year or €12?

Dollars, no difference these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Is it $12 a year or €12?

It cost me €13.99 last year .
    Can pay for it using your credit on 3 too which is handy.

Dollars, no difference these days

Ah okay.

Yeah, gone are the days of €1:$1.30!:(

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    It cost me €13.99 last year .
    Can pay for it using your credit on 3 too which is handy.

How come it's that much?

Are they charging for the luxury of going via IAP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I use Enpass password manager as it syncs using Onedrive (or Google Drive or dropbox). You make a one-off purchase of the app on each platform you need it on and it syncs seamlessly from then on. Has a custom browser and keyboard on Android now and also supports fingerprint readers.

The Desktop app is excellent and also has a chrome plug in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Mr E wrote: »
    Alto's Adventure is a great game. A few notches above the typical endless runner and looks gorgeous too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noodlecake.altosadventure

completed it last night and if I am honest it was getting a little annoying coming to the end.

now deleted.

anymore please le me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any football scores app that lists the teams for loi games?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Flashscore does. It lists them from everywhere. Unless you're just looking for LOI only?

Allyall wrote: »
    Flashscore does. It lists them from everywhere. Unless you're just looking for LOI only?

Perfect, I usually only use that app for the golf but works perfect for loi, good work.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

Tyson Fury wrote: »

I use sofascore, works great for the LOI

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sofascore.results&hl=en

jeffk wrote: »

Doesn't give the line ups though, are as far as I can see?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

Tyson Fury wrote:
    Doesn't give the line ups though, are as far as I can see?

Sorry half read your post, I found it to be great at the live scores, even had friendlies.

Extratime have the lineups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I find all goals excellent. Using it for years. Has every league you'd want and then you can select your favourites

jeffk wrote: »
    Sorry half read your post, I found it to be great at the live scores, even had friendlies.

Extratime have the lineups

Use fotmob pro for all my football, only thing missing is team sheets for loi which Flashscores does.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Forza is the best to my knowledge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

What's the best text messaging app out there? I was using Textra but the ads annoyed me. Then I used chomp, now they've put ads up also! What are others using? Either free or paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

toby2111 wrote: »
    What's the best text messaging app out there? I was using Textra but the ads annoyed me. Then I used chomp, now they've put ads up also! What are others using? Either free or paid.

I use TrueMessenger as over here in the UK I get a lot of nonsense spam messages, and it allows me to block them with one touch etc.

Why bother with a third party app, Google Messenger does all I need
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging

I use TrueMessenger as over here in the UK I get a lot of nonsense spam messages, and it allows me to block them with one touch etc.
    I actually used truemessenger for a bit but if I remember it didn't allow multi person texts, I had to copy the text and send it individually. Was pretty good apart from that.
    Edit- actually maybe that was Textra that didn't allow multi texts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you're using Textra and you like it, then pay the IAP to get rid of ads. It's a small fee, but worth it.

Textra does allow multi texts too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Out of interest, what's wrong with all you guys stock texting app? Like what's the advantage or another one? I use the stock s6 one and it seems ok. Am I missing out on certain features?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,934 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

If you're using Textra and you like it, then pay the IAP to get rid of ads. It's a small fee, but worth it.

I agree. I really like it.

How much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

How much?

€2.51

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Out of interest, what's wrong with all you guys stock texting app? Like what's the advantage or another one? I use the stock s6 one and it seems ok. Am I missing out on certain features?

I like hangouts, the integration with the OS is second to none IMO...

You can WiFi call, video call and SMS straight from it - my Nexus has the normal messaging app pre installed but I always liked hangouts these past few years....

• Advertisement

Hangouts is woeful

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i use Gosms pro which i find great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I use ChompSMS

I've been using it for so long, I've forgotten why I started to use it in the first place :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Fieldog wrote: »
    I like hangouts, the integration with the OS is second to none IMO...

You can WiFi call, video call and SMS straight from it - my Nexus has the normal messaging app pre installed but I always liked hangouts these past few years....

I gave up on Hangouts when the SMS and Hangouts message integration stopped working for me (on two different phones).
    So I've switched to Signal - works fine for how infrequently I use it (don't know anyone else using it, so I haven't used it for encrypted messaging).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My hangouts did go mental a while back but it seems normal again....

I hope they don't get rid of SMS from it.....

For encrypted messages I like Wickr Me

I'd a brief fling with Hangouts for a while before an updated fecked up the messaging so I use the Google Messenger for sms now, MightText so I can respond from my tablet and PC and I've been using WhatsApp for IM since 2010 and have not even paid €0.00 for it so I love that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭corkie

Chainfire's FlashFire app is worth a mention since the March Security update Nexus Factory images are now available.

See here for more details on the FlashFire app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I've been using handcent (now called handcent next sms) for a few years now and haven't found anything that I prefer more and I've tried probably most of the others

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement