Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Had been trying this out the last few days on apps like Facebook and WhatsApp as I have my security set to allow instant unlock in certain places like home, work, the car. Works a treat, don't see any reason why the free version wouldn't suit most people. Worked perfectly each time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamemalt.applocker.pro

I've tried both this one, and the app lock facility within Clean Master, but neither of them work for me. I know the App Locker is installed, as when I install any new app, it asks me if I want to lock it. But there is no app lock, as even the apps marked as locked just open up freely every time.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Haven't come across that problem at all. I have noticed the odd time it might take a split second to give the prompt for the fingerprint.

Had been trying this out the last few days on apps like Facebook and WhatsApp as I have my security set to allow instant unlock in certain places like home, work, the car. Works a treat, don't see any reason why the free version wouldn't suit most people. Worked perfectly each time.

Damn. Isn't compatible with any of my devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Looks good.. whats the difference between free and pro? ad removal?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Looks good.. whats the difference between free and pro? ad removal?

That's it from what I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Any good apps that show what channel live sport (particularly football) is on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

toby2111 wrote: »

Try tv24

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

toby2111 wrote: »

Where's the Match is a great app for soccer, rugby and cricket live games
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wheresthematch.androidnew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Where's the Match is a great app for soccer, rugby and cricket live games
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wheresthematch.androidnew

Yeah I like that too, gets bad reviews because people are expecting a streaming app, morons. Turn it to landscape to see what channels things are on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Where's the match is spot on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Patww79 wrote: »
    Looking for a simple clean looking email app for a pop3 work account for my Pixel C as stock Android doesn't have a built in one. I don't really like having it in the Gmail app.

Any recommendations? I was going to try Boxer after using it on a Oneplus One for the past while, but some of you may know a better one.

I have been using bluemail for about 4 months and find it excellent

Lifeline, Lifeline 2 and Lifeline: Silent Night are all 10c each. Seem to be well reviewed.

Been using Nine for the last couple of years and it's been faultless. Nice looking interface too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Been using Nine for the last couple of years and it's been faultless. Nice looking interface too.

+1 .. except it'll only accept an Exchange/Outlook.com account, so Google is out - unless you redirect it to one of the above (and if you want you can also set it up as an alias on Outlook.com)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I like Cloudmagic I use it for multiple outlook/gmail accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,534 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but Black Pants 'Blown Away' is a lot of fun. First 30 levels are free and will keep you going for an hour or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

I don't think Nine or Cloudmagic allow POP3.

Bluemail does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

KOTOR is 70% off on the Play Store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Horrible on Android/touch imo, bordering on unplayable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Oh right, eek. Bought it for the Shield. Not played it yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

I got stuck at one of the racing parts that I just couldn't manage with the touch controls.

I was ok with it up to then. Touch controls for me fundamentally don't do it but I felt they were passable up to that point.

It's one of the things that fustrates me about Android gaming - systems that are more than capable of handling AAA titles from relativly recently but then the games themselves are hamstrung by poor quality controls.

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Oh right, eek. Bought it for the Shield. Not played it yet
    Well if you've got the Shield controller its probably perfect, performance wise it seemed fine, I just literally could not get them to go where I wanted or react in fights properly on a touchscreen, and they're 2 of my all time fav games, same for Vice City and San Andreas though, maybe I just hate touchscreen gaming.

Friend and I had been playing quite a lot of Connect 4 Quads on the Chromecast. It's a very basic game, which is essentially Connect 4, but with blocks as opposed individual pieces and is controlled via your phone that is connected to the Chromecast.

Surprisingly addictive, or it might be just because we're very competitive.

So I was playing the once great game Quizup last night and my god they've ruined it, full of advertising, hard to play anyone and really bad design!

Does anyone know of an app similar to the way it used to be?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    So I was playing the once great game Quizup last night and my god they've ruined it, full of advertising, hard to play anyone and really bad design!

Really? That's super disappointing, because I've sunk quite a lot of time into that app! Not recently, of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Have you tried this, or any of the ones mentioned in the comments?
    I am rooted and use Adaway, so I've not tried any of them.

Allyall wrote: »
    Have you tried this, or any of the ones mentioned in the comments?
    I am rooted and use Adaway, so I've not tried any of them.

Phone isn't rooted, and while the ads are awful it seems nobody is using it anymore as it was very hard to play against anyone, waited 15 minutes on general knowledge and no takers.

Have you used the app recently?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Phone isn't rooted, and while the ads are awful it seems nobody is using it anymore as it was very hard to play against anyone, waited 15 minutes on general knowledge and no takers.

Have you used the app recently?

No, I haven't. Don't think I will now either, going by the reviews (sorted by newest) too.

I have a Bluetooth controller, I can get it to connect to the phone but all it does is volume control, back buttons and starting Google music, is there a simple way to remap it so the press of a button simulates a finger tapping the screen, I dont need anything else, Ive looked at a few Bluetooth rremapping apps but tbh they're gibberish and dont seem to work, the reviews seem to agree with me, has anyone ever found one that does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads my battery stats on phone is pretty terrible
    It doesn't tell me in plain English how long my phone is running of charge just a stupid graph. Anything better? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

anyone playing slither.io ? Great time killer and free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

deuceswild wrote: »
    anyone playing slither.io ? Great time killer and free

Great game. Very addictive. It updated in past 24 hours and now it freezes up every time I play.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Great game. Very addictive. It updated in past 24 hours and now it freezes up every time I play.

sometimes i find if you exit and start again you may land on a different server which wont lag. Can be very frustrating when you have been building in size nicely!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Maestria is now free, no ads or IAPs (it used to be €2)
    A beautiful and very clever puzzle game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Latour.Maestria

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

What's the best battery saving app these days outside of Greenify that requires little input from the user?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

It will also tell you to turn off wifi always scanning as well, even just do this

Check if the phone has a built in manager, I have one on Huawei phone its great, kills apps you pick when screen is off,smart power management etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

jeffk wrote: »
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teqtic.leandata&hl=en

It will also tell you to turn off wifi always scanning as well, even just do this

Check if the phone has a built in manager, I have one on Huawei phone its great, kills apps you pick when screen is,smart power management etc

I hadn't heard of that one! Thanks so much, getting it now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mekorama
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.martinmagni.mekorama

Free (but you can pay what you want). No ads, 50 levels, level builder, tiny file size, fun to play.
    There is really nothing going against this game (apart from maybe no google play services integration).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Mr E wrote: »
    Mekorama
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.martinmagni.mekorama

Free (but you can pay what you want). No ads, 50 levels, level builder, tiny file size, fun to play.
    There is really nothing going against this game (apart from maybe no google play services integration).

Just installed and so far so good. Same developer who made Odd Bot Out. That's a good game also. The same robot walking around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Quite a nice puzzle game, Zen Blocks, might be a free (no ads version) if you retweet the following.

https://twitter.com/Gazzapper/status/733292128562974720

I have no connection with the developer just saw it on my brother's twitter timeline.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

lads i need an app that will send irish webtexts from meteor.i tried downloading cabbage but i cannot install it.is it dead now?
    i have webtext and it works but it doesnt save the texts i send.i kind of need it to dot that.
    any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

crazygeryy wrote: »
    lads i need an app that will send irish webtexts from meteor.i tried downloading cabbage but i cannot install it.is it dead now?
    i have webtext and it works but it doesnt save the texts i send.i kind of need it to dot that.
    any ideas?
    Use whatsapp instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

crazygeryy wrote:
    lads i need an app that will send irish webtexts from meteor.i tried downloading cabbage but i cannot install it.is it dead now? i have webtext and it works but it doesnt save the texts i send.i kind of need it to dot that. any ideas?

Get SwiftSMS that's what I use.

DanC90 wrote: »
    Get SwiftSMS that's what I use.

I can't seem to make it work with meteor.its not accepting my username and password?

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Use whatsapp instead.

Not everyone i know has what's app

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement