Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Allyall wrote: »
    I use Nova Launcher,what extra does the Prime give?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Hit the link and look, it says it all in the description.

I personally love the gestures, like if you have a folder on your homescreen you can swipe up on that folder to launch the first app within it which is a great time saver for me.

Definitely worth 50c, it's usually €5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Being able to hide apps is massive for me. I can hide all the stock apps that I don't use (and can't get rid of).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Mr E wrote: »
    Being able to hide apps is massive for me. I can hide all the stock apps that I don't use (and can't get rid of).

You can just disble them too & they won't appear in the app draw you know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

toby2111 wrote: »
    I use Nova Launcher,what extra does the Prime give?

Well, paying for a good app supports the developers.
    I bought it for my folks phones as it allowed me to lock their home screens. No more "my phone icon disappeared".
    I'm not sure if it's a prime feature but the hiding of app names on the home screens is something I like on it. Also the unread counts on certain apps is nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

DanC90 wrote: »
    I personally love the gestures, like if you have a folder on your homescreen you can swipe up on that folder to launch the first app within it which is a great time saver for me.

How do you set this? I've got the prime and can't see the option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Patww79 wrote:

That's how I done it, also you can change what the folder icon looks like from here,
    I have a Google folder setup on my homescreen but instead of the usual folder view I have the "Google app" icon set as that folder's icon, it's much cleaner looking i think, and then because chrome is the first app in that folder when I swipe up on the icon it launches chrome. Very handy feature if your using a big phone or tablet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Patww79 wrote: »
    thanks, great feature

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Any keyboards with a decent swipe to type function? Used to use swiftkey but the word predictions were ridiculous. Stock Samsung keyboard is the same kinda craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Google keyboard has improved. Also has one handed typing option too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I use Swype keyboard, it doesn't always get it right though.

Bought nova and switched my phone to it, already had it on tablet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Testament1 wrote: »
    Any keyboards with a decent swipe to type function? Used to use swiftkey but the word predictions were ridiculous. Stock Samsung keyboard is the same kinda craic.

SwiftKey only predicts words you use.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Tyson Fury wrote: »

The more you use it the better it gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I'm a swiper and I try them all every so often but keep coming back to Swype as it has ctrl+c and ctrl+v gestures

That's another thing I meant to mention for Chrooma too, it has a bar at the top that you can customise and swipe and having copy/paste is really handy on it (can have a number row, emojis, etc too).

[IMG]hxtp://i67.tinypic.com/24zdvgl.png[/IMG]

Must give it a go again, I installed it the other day after reading a review of the latest updates but didn't change to it yet. Do I need pro version for copy and paste in top bar

• Advertisement

I have pro, but I'll have a look and see is it marked in the settings. The punctuation bar that pops up over the number row is really handy too.

Also, ignore the purple. I have it set to match the colour scheme of the app I'm in so it must be picking it up from the Samsung browser icon.

I just bought pro. I'm liking it so far, it could be a keeper. If only I could import my Swype dictionary. I'm getting a blue colour on boards, I have it set to suit app

Are you using boards app or through browser? Every site gives purple keyboard through the Samsung browser.

The touch site in chrome

Probably coded more for Chrome as 90% of users will be on that. Does it go green if you go to a site like Android Authority?

No the same blue

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Trust me ive given Swiftkey several chances in the past and each time it predicted a mix of words id regularly use and words i never even knew existed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

New update for VLC player.

Most interesting feature - It can now play file from network. Great one if you a SMB server or a network drive. Tried from Android box, worked very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,934 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Testament1 wrote: »
    Trust me ive given Swiftkey several chances in the past and each time it predicted a mix of words id regularly use and words i never even knew existed!

You must have something wrong. I have been using it for 3 years & it's the best by a mile. I never get unknown or unused words

Discodog wrote: »
    You must have something wrong. I have been using it for 3 years & it's the best by a mile. I never get unknown or unused words

For normal typing it's definitely a good keyboard. I prefer swiping though and my personal experience is that it's not up to much in that department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Recently discovered CLONEit and found it to be awesome when swapping between phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Anyone know any third party Facebook Messenger apps now that they won't allow access to them through the browser?

http://techin.oureverydaylife.com/can-reply-message-facebook-using-text-message-3456.html

Give this a shot ! No more messenger app and it uses texts as a reply so if you have unlimited texts seems like a great way to get rid of messenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads I'm thick out

Is there any way to change the phone messages browser part to a different colour or theme than the rest of the apps on your homescreen

• Advertisement

smilerf wrote: »
    Lads I'm thick out

Is there any way to change the phone messages browser part to a different colour or theme than the rest of the apps on your homescreen

What phone and what flavour of android? Some android has the ability to use themes

What phone and what flavour of android? Some android has the ability to use themes
    I have a ulefone power on 5.1

I have a ulefone power on 5.1

If it runs Cyanogen you'll get themes in the play store.

• Advertisement

I've been looking into buying one of these recently (still afraid to), and from what I gather it's not Cyanogen.
    No it's not but good phone.battery is great

From the reviews I've read, the other included launcher (not the one that looks like stock Android) has themes available. Might be a dark one there.

It really does sound like a very good phone, near too good to be true but I think I'll pull the trigger on it. 6000mAh sounds unreal, and it's not even crazy thick to fit it in.
    Yes I recommend.

Yes I recommend.
    mine does get a little buggy at times. Camera won't open and also headphone Jack is fiddly and low volume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Any recommendations for battery managers? Something's running the crap out of my battery and I want something to monitor the usage for 3-4 days and tell me what the culprit is.

Greenify just shuts everything into hibernation now, and that's not what I want

A lot of people swear by Gsam, and it'll give you a slight bit more info than the stock settings, but for your needs it is pretty much useless without root. They all are if you don't have it.

Not just root, I'd say you'd need to mod deeper than that , I use the Xposed kernel and then install Amplify to control and limit wakelocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I have root so no issues there.

Never actually managed to get Xposed working on ART but I'll give it a whirl, thanks lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Any recommendations for battery managers? Something's running the crap out of my battery and I want something to monitor the usage for 3-4 days and tell me what the culprit is.

Greenify just shuts everything into hibernation now, and that's not what I want

i had this battery drain for a while. The few thing i found.
    viber has a setting to keep wifi always on.
    my twitter app fenix was syncing every minute. no idea how i set it like that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement