Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Mr E wrote: »
    I've been using any.do for 2 years and it works great.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anydo

Don't worry about the subscription - the free version works perfectly.

I was going to suggest the same. I was using Google calendar for a daily reminded but it make the over view redundant. Now I'm using any m.do for those kind of reminders and get a neat little popup, I liked it before and I still do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

jozi wrote: »
    I was going to suggest the same. I was using Google calendar for a daily reminded but it make the over view redundant. Now I'm using any m.do for those kind of reminders and get a neat little popup, I liked it before and I still do

Can you get all your Google keep reminders and notes across to any do? Been using keep for the last two years. Night give this a whirl if I can copy it across.

I'm not sure about anything from Google keep. I do have some stuff on keep but no option to import that I can see and it didn't ask about anything either when I installed it.

2 weeks after cloudmagic changed to Newton and now having the trail expired I guess I will be looking for a new email client

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

jozi wrote: »
    I'm not sure about anything from Google keep.

Apologies if you have already done this jozi, but have you ensured that Goggle Keep is being sync'd on all devices? (in accounts)

Never had a problem myself, apart from one device that the checkbox for Keep was not ticked in Sync

Keep is synchronized across my devices.

What I'm not sure on is if anydo can sync from keep, I didn't notice the option.

I probably should have quoted Bobby, my comment about keep was to do with him asking about anydo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Micro machines just came out for android. Hopefully you unlock cars later that handle better than the first few!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chillingo.micromachines.android.gplay

Seems good though (if not a little bit bloated)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Micro machines just came out for android. Hopefully you unlock cars later that handle better than the first few!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chillingo.micromachines.android.gplay

Lads, am I going bananas here, or have I not had that downloaded eons ago?

I distinctly remember the ice cream van and everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Lads, am I going bananas here, or have I not had that downloaded eons ago?

I distinctly remember the ice cream van and everything!

Table top racing? Similar to Micro Machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Keith186 wrote: »
    Table top racing? Similar to Micro Machines.

Yup, that was it actually!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It's actually not bad. It is a little bit naggy with asking you to pay for stuff, but once you get playing it's entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

dulpit wrote: »
    It's actually not bad. It is a little bit naggy with asking you to pay for stuff, but once you get playing it's entertaining.

Really enjoying this. No pop up adds which is great if you choose Random events.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Foresty

Hi,

I need to wipe my phone but I want to keep some of my txt conversations.

Is their something for that? That'll let me put them back in stock txt app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Foresty wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to wipe my phone but I want to keep some of my txt conversations.

Is their something for that? That'll let me put them back in stock txt app.

SMS Backup & Restore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

^^ Yep, works perfectly. Does a great job at backing up (and restoring).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

^^ Yep, works perfectly. Does a great job at backing up (and restoring).

Very handy that you can set it to automatically backup nightly to your Google drive/ Dropbox. You never know when your phone will take a dip or get stolen.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Foresty

Thanks guys^^^

I'll give it a go later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Patww79 wrote: »

Gmail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Patww79 wrote: »
    I didn't know Gmail could do POP3, but I already have my personal account on it and I hate one app having multiple accounts. It just gets really really messy. If there was a way of separating Gmail and Inbox it would be really handy but the latter only seems to run as a mirror of Gmail andf doesn't allow manual account adding.

Edit - it doesn't specifically do POP3 anyway. It lets you add 'other' accounts but unless you can specify it will most likely default it to IMAP. For some reason my work don't let me do IMAP (something to do with emails left on the server or some such).

I have 2 POP3 accounts as well as my Gmail account running on the app. The inboxes are separate and I have different notification tones for each account.

And it doesn't default to IMAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Can anyone recommend any apps that you use to avoid distraction when studying. I am not strong willed enough just to turn off the phone!!! Read a text and 40 min later I'm still boards

Can anyone recommend any apps that you use to avoid distraction when studying. I am not strong willed enough just to turn off the phone!!! Read a text and 40 min later I'm still boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Birdsong wrote: »

Leave phone in other room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

km79 wrote: »
    Leave phone in other room

Best advice EU ^^ :D

So now that I have a decent phone again, I'm after some fun apps. Games, camera apps maybe, anything that's good for killing time in waiting rooms ...

What games have you lot hooked currently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

My work clock. Clock in when you are working, clock out when you are not . It will show you how much study you are actually doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Any apps about to disable notifications?

Just want to click a few buttons or two and have all all notifications gone until I want them back. Don't want to go through dozens of apps turning them off in the applications menu of my s7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Could someone recommend a messaging app that I can install on my 9yr old tablet, we want to set a family group but obviously she has no phone number to verify herself.

We could install What's app but it would have to be one of our accounts it seems and that isn't ideal for obvious reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

dahat wrote: »
    Could someone recommend a messaging app that I can install on my 9yr old tablet, we want to set a family group but obviously she has no phone number to verify herself.

We could install What's app but it would have to be one of our accounts it seems and that isn't ideal for obvious reasons.

Hangouts?

• Advertisement

Hangouts?

Never thought of that. Will investigate now.

Needs a phone number to verify once more.

Never thought of that. Will investigate now.

Needs a phone number to verify once more.

You don't need a phone number to verify hangouts. It's linked to a Google account, not a phone number.

Basil3 wrote: »
    You don't need a phone number to verify hangouts. It's linked to a Google account, not a phone number.

If I use my number for her Google account that would work?

If I use my number for her Google account that would work?

No idea. My kids have their own google accounts on Chromebook and tablets and have access to hangouts with no phone number attached.

No idea. My kids have their own google accounts on Chromebook and tablets and have access to hangouts with no phone number attached.

Thanks, all set up now. Daughter is chuffed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Thanks, all set up now. Daughter is chuffed.

We use Slack for a private family IM service. Can be used on PC's, IOS, Android etc and syncs across them all. https://slack.com Set your family up as a "Team" using the free version and you're good to go. Keeps the family stuff away from other social media platforms which can become traffic heavy if you and your kids have lots of friends.

• Advertisement

We use Slack for a private family IM service. Can be used on PC's, IOS, Android etc and syncs across them all. https://slack.com Set your family up as a "Team" using the free version and you're good to go. Keeps the family stuff away from other social media platforms which can become traffic heavy if you and your kids have lots of friends.

I'll look at this as well, I just want to keep her access to social media platforms to a minimum for another few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

I'll look at this as well, I just want to keep her access to social media platforms to a minimum for another few years.

If that's your goal then Slack is the way to go. There are no "cool kids" using slack for sharing selfies etc. It's primarily a work focused IM platform to enable teams to communicate without clogging up Inboxes but it works perfectly as a family "team" IM platform and would allow you to achieve yur goal without enabling Hangouts or Whatsapp etc on her phone.

kala85 wrote:
    My work clock. Clock in when you are working, clock out when you are not . It will show you how much study you are actually doing.

Thanks for this, will look into now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I'm finding QualityTime good for this reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Does anyone know an alternative to iMovie on Android? An app that lets u record video, put music over it etc...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Does anyone know an alternative to iMovie on Android? An app that lets u record video, put music over it etc...?

I use vidtrim pro to edit video , add music. Would that do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Wonder why they stopped charging for it :confused:

jeffk wrote: »
    Wonder why they stopped charging for it :confused:

They joined tunein too so i guess they decided they would make it free again as they will no longer be on fm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

FrostyJim wrote: »
    They joined tunein too so i guess they decided they would make it free again as they will no longer be on fm.

Suppose it was only a euro, but as you say being on tune in which is free, people aren't going to pay

Shame to see them go(I know there's a thread ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I'm looking for a car maintenance and fuel app that allows multi user sync so either myself or my wife can update the latest fuel fill but that I can also log the oil top up, tyres, service info etc. Does such an app exist? I've looked at some and they cover some options but lacked multi user sync.

I'm looking for a car maintenance and fuel app that allows multi user sync so either myself or my wife can update the latest fuel fill but that I can also log the oil top up, tyres, service info etc. Does such an app exist? I've looked at some and they cover some options but lacked multi user sync.

Call me old fashioned, but I'd just use a Google Sheet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Call me old fashioned, but I'd just use a Google Sheet

That's just too clunky. I want an app that gives me detailed stats and graphs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads is there a app where you could make a list of things ready to be pasted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

smilerf wrote: »
    Lads is there a app where you could make a list of things ready to be pasted

Like wallpaper and stuff?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement