Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Is there an app or something I could download that would improve graphic performance in phone? Using a sensation, I've noticed a major slow-down of late when playing things like Temple Run...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

s_carnage wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good secure app to store things like passwords. I have over 30 passwords for work & personal reasons and a lot have to be changed to something new every month so it really is becoming a pain remembering them all. Would be great if you could access the app account from a regular PC also.

I use SafeWallet. You can just use the phone version, but data entry is a bit cumbersome. I use the desktop version for making any changes and it works really well. I have hundreds of bits and pieces in there (more than just passwords), and refer to it a few times a week.

Data file is encrypted (256 AES) for peace of mind, and syncs with dropbox too, which is a great bonus.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sbsh.safewallet
    http://www.sbsh.net/password-manager-safewallet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Oh it listens for incoming sms as well. I forgot how much control android apps have.

should have never fallen for iPhone 4 hype :mad:

just saw this. am in the UK using cabbage to send texts from my irish phone number on my UK handset. just checking, where it listens for incoming texts, does that mean that any replies i get to my irish number can be received by my UK handset using cabbage ultimate??
    or am i totally misreading that?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

the default yahoo mail app is gone to ****e! ya cant turn off notifications anymore, and i get a lot of emails so its annoying as hell!

Can anyone recommend another yahoo mail app?

The_B_Man wrote: »
    the default yahoo mail app is gone to ****e! ya cant turn off notifications anymore, and i get a lot of emails so its annoying as hell!

Can anyone recommend another yahoo mail app?

I've heard a lot of good things about K-9 Mail (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9&hl=en). As I only use gmail, and the gmail app is excellent, i've not tried it myself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

I'm looking for an FM radio app which doesn't use data, instead uses headphones/earphones as an antenna.
    I flashed my Galaxy S to Slimrom 3.6 from stock a few weeks ago so the built-in FM Radio app got wiped. I can't seem to find any radio apps on the Play Store that don't require data/wi-fi to work.
    Try SpiritFM. Works for me.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=13379669

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

On my old HTC the phone used to flash when I got a text message or missed a call. Is there any app that
    does this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    On my old HTC the phone used to flash when I got a text message or missed a call. Is there any app that
    does this?

Have you looked at NoLED
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.led.notify&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5sZWQubm90aWZ5Il0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Oh it listens for incoming sms as well. I forgot how much control android apps have.

should have never fallen for iPhone 4 hype :mad:

just saw this. am in the UK using cabbage to send texts from my irish phone number on my UK handset. just checking, where it listens for incoming texts, does that mean that any replies i get to my irish number can be received by my UK handset using cabbage ultimate??
    or am i totally misreading that?!!

Nope. I meant as in the app can show replies. On the iPhone you'd send a text with eirtext but get the reply in the iOS sms app. With cabbage you don't have to change apps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nope. I meant as in the app can show replies. On the iPhone you'd send a text with eirtext but get the reply in the iOS sms app. With cabbage you don't have to change apps.

Intents. My favourite thing about Android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

dulpit wrote: »
    Is there an app or something I could download that would improve graphic performance in phone? Using a sensation, I've noticed a major slow-down of late when playing things like Temple Run...

Look for Chainfire3D and RAM Manager.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Look for Chainfire3D and RAM Manager.

Installing now, will have a play with it this evening and report back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I bought it full price the other day :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭coillcam

Picked up a HTC Sensation this week after finally ditching the iPhone4. Only thing I can't seem to find is a cydia/installous equivalent. What's the story there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Cheers. Is it possible to buy it even though my phone is not compatible?

Hopefully at some stage soon I'll have a better phone so it would be good to get GTA3 at this sale price.

Cheers. Is it possible to buy it even though my phone is not compatible?

Hopefully at some stage soon I'll have a better phone so it would be good to get GTA3 at this sale price.

Don't think so, when you go to the webstore you need to pick a phone you're buying/installing it for...

looks like Bank of Ireland finally got around to mobile banking
    Only have it for iPhone but android is "coming soon"

How soon is soon though? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

coillcam wrote: »
    Picked up a HTC Sensation this week after finally ditching the iPhone4. Only thing I can't seem to find is a cydia/installous equivalent. What's the story there?

because Android is so customisable you don't need to jailbreak to customise it the way you do on iOS. You can download music replacement apps or text message replacement apps etc... from the Play store.

If you find something else you need to do that requires root access you can look into that.

Check out the XDA Forums for the Sensation for guides to root and custom roms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

lads does anyone know how to be able to purchase and download songs from amazon mp3 i have the app but can't buy songs presumably 'coz of some gay region restriction with Ireland

Forget it! Found what i was looking for! (7Digital app)

The rocky road to Poland i'll have ye know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

looks like Bank of Ireland finally got around to mobile banking
    Only have it for iPhone but android is "coming soon"

How soon is soon though? :confused:
    When the fruitPhone users have found all the security bugs and have their monies robbed! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just downloading now, you also a lifehacker reader? :pac:

Loving this! I think it will replace my current one which is ES File Explorer!

Cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Just downloading now, you also a lifehacker reader? :pac:

Damn right, for years ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Theres an app that if you point your camera at a plane in the sky it will tell you what plane it is where it's going etc anyone know the name of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Theres an app that if you point your camera at a plane in the sky it will tell you what plane it is where it's going etc anyone know the name of it?

Is it this one?

Flight Radar 24

There's a free version too, but it doesn't support the point the camera feature!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone using Jango here? I'd imagine its somewhat like Spotify, and its free, so its all good!

marcbrophy wrote: »

Is it this one?

Flight Radar 24

There's a free version too, but it doesn't support the point the camera feature!

No I have that.cheers anyway.I'm sure it was mentioned on boards a few week s ago .

No I have that.cheers anyway.I'm sure it was mentioned on boards a few week s ago .

If you go into settings and press AR view, you can point your phone at a plane then and it will tell you the information

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

It's called Plane Finder. Not getting good reviews at the moment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Anyone using Jango here? I'd imagine its somewhat like Spotify, and its free, so its all good!

Was gonna come on looking for a music app recommendation but went with your one. First impressions are good. They even have Irish Pub Songs as a theme genre.

I also got Solid Explorer, again first impressions are good too. Way better GUI than all the other ones I've used so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

My favourite file explorer is still Root Explorer.
    Simple, clean, tidy, powerful. Everything you need (well except some connectivity that others like ES offer)

AntiRip wrote: »

If you go into settings and press AR view, you can point your phone at a plane then and it will tell you the information

I didn't know that.thanks a lot.i suppose I should have went with my curiosity when I asked myself what was ar view for.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Its probably been mentioned before but i didnt spot it, But im using the "TuneIn"
    radio app the last few days have to say its great, live abroad quite a bit and great to listen to either shows from far shores or if one needs to catch up on Midlaaands Raadio Treee :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tunein.player&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsInR1bmVpbi5wbGF5ZXIiXQ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

god I love jango gerry I salute you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Song Pop is a good song guessing game you can play with your fb friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056657787

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=clients.topaz&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNsaWVudHMudG9wYXoiXQ

FycsnNYaXdl2gA_m4LjfNkyXfF7af9NIRh1KP559b33jO3pM9gPebbZ6lLcOwwst7ww

Free coffee and danish

However;
    REQUIRES ANDROID:
    2.2 - 2.3.7

As I've found out with my galaxy s running ICS.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭dabl

You'll need a dual-core blower to run MikuMikuStudio Tiny AR well. It also runs on all the other desktop platforms. I wish I could change the music though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dabl wrote: »
    You'll need a dual-core blower to run MikuMikuStudio Tiny AR well. It also runs on all the other desktop platforms. I wish I could change the music though.

Noice. Will definitely try this when I get the XS back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Bank of Ireland mobile banking app now available for the Android...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056657465

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Really nice photo gallery app.

Million Moments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

coylemj wrote: »
    Bank of Ireland mobile banking app now available for the Android...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056657465

Nice. gg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This is a great game - really addictive

Where's my water

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

What in the???
    I dont get this at all...

And you can change music by pressing the change music button...

subway wrote: »

What in the???
    I dont get this at all...

And you can change music by pressing the change music button...

You are right! Pro tip: press the screen to start and stop the music and dancing. There is not much point in changing music as the model only dances to the original song. Looks like you have to create your own dance routine on the desktop as a vmd file.

I still don't get the point of it. Is it an anime reference or something?

subway wrote: »
    I still don't get the point of it. Is it an anime reference or something?

The default model is Hatsune Miku, a character invented to embody the Vocaloid vocal synthesizer, which is used in Japanese pop. So you get concerts in which this girl is actually the main performer, via holograms and suchlike. This program on the desktop must be used to make the dance routines.

You must have noticed that you can tilt the screen to look at her from different angles? That's what makes it different than a simple video overlay. It's the typical Japanese fascination with simulation , like robotics and karaoke. It sure beats Cliff Richard and Robbie Williams :D

You must have noticed that you can tilt the screen to look at her from different angles?

Ahhh, you can look at her knickers!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement