Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

AntiRip wrote: »
    When I scan my network, it finds the IP of my laptop but can't log in. I don't have any password set for laptop. Even when I type the username also it fails.

Also, do you just right click on a folder you want to share and 'share with homegroup' to share a folder with ES?

There's most likely your problem. Windows shares work better with a password. Add a password to your account

Also, forget about homegroups, this is only for windows. Just right click on the folder and click, properties-->sharing-->advanced sharing and enable it and give it a name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    There's most likely your problem. Windows shares work better with a password. Add a password to your account

Also, forget about homegroups, this is only for windows. Just right click on the folder and click, properties-->sharing-->advanced sharing and enable it and give it a name

+1
    Exactly how I do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I've been using ES File Explorer for streaming to my phone and it's excellent. Haven't tried it with the Nexus 7 yet, but I'll be surprised if there's any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

hey all, all this talk to streaming is getting to me.

I have the router that came with Eircom and for the life of me I can't get streaming to work on any of my devices. Does anyone have upnp working on the Eircom zyxel router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Thanks PogMoThoin. Homegroups don't work for me anyway with utvinternet's router. WIll try what you suggested.

Update
    Works great now. You can also do the exact same in BSPlayer and it works great also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I just got Netflix for my Arnova 10bG3 but it wont load. Is this a flash issue or does anybody know of any clone based apps that work off the Netflix system?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Any one know of any good soccer score widgets, I have the barclays app and sky sports app currently but I haven't been able to find a widget which will show the latest goal scored for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Quick update guys! I tried the ES File Explorer method with the Tab 2 10.1 last night and sure enough all played perfectly once again! I was able to stream 720p content without a hitch!

Cheers to OP who suggested it.....this is the way I am gonna go form now on, just so simple and easy and works amazing!!

Thanks,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Any one know of any good soccer score widgets, I have the barclays app and sky sports app currently but I haven't been able to find a widget which will show the latest goal scored for example.

I use livescore, works for me pretty well.

Edit: Just noticed you're looking for a widget, nevermind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

I'm not sure if there has been a discussion in this thread about apps that allow you to send texts from a PC through your phone but MightyText does the job nicely. It uses an app on the phone and a browser extension on the PC along with a Google account to sync contacts and texts from your phone. The browser extension gives you a front-end that's very similar to the Android text messenger app.

Handy for me because I can usually only get a signal in one room in the entire house and I can keep all communications going from the PC.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if there has been a discussion in this thread about apps that allow you to send texts from a PC through your phone but MightyText does the job nicely. It uses an app on the phone and a browser extension on the PC along with a Google account to sync contacts and texts from your phone. The browser extension gives you a front-end that's very similar to the Android text messenger app.

Handy for me because I can usually only get a signal in one room in the entire house and I can keep all communications going from the PC.
    Does Cabbage Not Do The Same Thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Cabbage uses your webtexts, mightytext actually sends the messages through your phone, and you can receive messages in it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Airdroid covers that as well doesn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Looking for some kids games please- for a2.5 year old boy (loves Broom Broom app) and 5 year old girl who loves girl things and colouring
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Does anybody know an app which will allow my phone to be completely silent throughout the night except for certain numbers. I've missed out on a bit of work recently because the phone was on silent. I'd like to allow it to ring for one or two numbers only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Slunk wrote: »
    Does anybody know an app which will allow my phone to be completely silent throughout the night except for certain numbers. I've missed out on a bit of work recently because the phone was on silent. I'd like to allow it to ring for one or two numbers only

not used it myself but Quiet Sleep allows oyu to whitelist important numbers and silence the rest

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=akostaapps.quietsleep.free&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Reg'stoy wrote: »

I use FotMob. Simple enough to use. Never had any issues with it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobilefootie.wc2010&hl=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Slunk wrote: »

Maybe check out llama? Haven't used it myself yet but I think someone on this forum was singing its praises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

looder wrote: »
    As a Waterford man I'm not a fan of hurling but ill beat 7 haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Worst Game Ever! but I just got 8 :-)

annoyingly addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

nedd wrote: »

Worst Game Ever! but I just got 8 :-)

annoyingly addictive.

Lol not a great game alright,
    Got 9 though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Really hooked on it now, for some reason it's got a pull on me!!

Up to 11 now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Got 10 myself, why do people say it's not a great game?

draffodx wrote: »
    Got 10 myself, why do people say it's not a great game?
    on 10 now too, it better than I thought would be easier on a bigger screen or smaller fingers, heats my HTC up something special though

• Advertisement

The striking is annoying. It doesn't always go where you want it to go but it's addictive.

I'm up to 15 now. . . I bought the full version of it and the timed game is better. You've 2 mins to scores as many as you can.

The developer put up the Link on PremierView last night (Tipp Supporters website).

I think it would be a lot better if there was a head to head mode where you play against friends - like some of those drawing ones.

As a Waterford man I'm not a fan of hurling but ill beat 7 haha
    After last Sunday, I'm not a major fan of it myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

That hurling game is well poor, compared to the other flick games (flick rugby in particular)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Got 15 :) (and I'm from Donegal, not a hurling stronghold!)

I think it's addictive because it's difficult, unlike most app games!

dulpit wrote: »
    That hurling game is well poor, compared to the other flick games (flick rugby in particular)
    Flick rugby you say Ehh,
    Yeh the hurlings addictive cause its hard not 100% responsive up to 17 but surprised it does what u want that many times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ok Flick Hurling is addictive
    8 so far. Fcuking thing (although im convinced that last one was over -_-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Ha! Liking this so far. Cheers :)

Not as good as my county hurlers mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Highest score of 12 here, but usually get under ten

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not sure if already posted, but there are some great games available in the latest Humble Bundle for Android. Pay $6.40 or more to get Fieldrunners, BIT.Trip Beat, SpeaceChem, Uplink, Spirits, World of Goo, Osmos, Anomaly, and Edge (plus all the soundtracks).

Upink is only available on tables though :(

http://www.humblebundle.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

that hurling game is shocking.
    title is "must have apps and games"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

subway wrote: »
    that hurling game is shocking.
    title is "must have apps and games"

And do you honestly think every app posted in here has been must have?!

nope, just the love-in for this one is getting a little weird and i was tricked into wasting some time downloading it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Lads, is there any app like cabbage which also acts like a messenger?

As in an app that is like the normal messages app but lets me send my texts there instead of going to cabbage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

tok9 wrote: »
    Lads, is there any app like cabbage which also acts like a messenger?

As in an app that is like the normal messages app but lets me send my texts there instead of going to cabbage?

Cabbage Ultimate? It's €0.99, and has the following:

Send web texts for Meteor, O2, Vodafone, Three, eMobile, Tesco mobile, O2 UK and Telenor Serbia
    - Monitor incoming SMS and read and reply through the inbox
    - Contact photos are displayed.
    - Create contact groups for sending messages to multuiple people
    - An option to mark messages as read in the in-built application as they are read in Cabbage
    - Send real SMS for numbers that don't work with web text (e.g. 5xxxx numbers) or if web text is not working
    - Forward incoming SMS as they arrive to a specified number. The phone must be powered on to use this feature. Notifications of incoming calls can also be sent via text
    - A popup to allow quick reply to incoming messages
    - Messages and accounts can be exported from Cabbage Lite.
    - Long press on a message thread to sent the thread via email
    - Long press the send button to temporarily override the default account and send with another account
    - Assign a contact to an account so that all messages sent to that contact to be sent using the chosen account
    - Add signatures to messages
    - A widget that shows the number of unread messages. Note that widgets are disabled if an application is installed on the SD card

dulpit wrote: »
    Cabbage Ultimate? It's €0.99, and has the following:

Send web texts for Meteor, O2, Vodafone, Three, eMobile, Tesco mobile, O2 UK and Telenor Serbia
    - Monitor incoming SMS and read and reply through the inbox
    - Contact photos are displayed.
    - Create contact groups for sending messages to multuiple people
    - An option to mark messages as read in the in-built application as they are read in Cabbage
    - Send real SMS for numbers that don't work with web text (e.g. 5xxxx numbers) or if web text is not working
    - Forward incoming SMS as they arrive to a specified number. The phone must be powered on to use this feature. Notifications of incoming calls can also be sent via text
    - A popup to allow quick reply to incoming messages
    - Messages and accounts can be exported from Cabbage Lite.
    - Long press on a message thread to sent the thread via email
    - Long press the send button to temporarily override the default account and send with another account
    - Assign a contact to an account so that all messages sent to that contact to be sent using the chosen account
    - Add signatures to messages
    - A widget that shows the number of unread messages. Note that widgets are disabled if an application is installed on the SD card

Great....but will this let me send them out from GoSMS and then route them through Cabbage??

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

madmoe wrote: »
    Great....but will this let me send them out from GoSMS and then route them through Cabbage??

Cheers,
    M

GoSMS is just an app that used the sim cards sms functions built into the phone, Cabbage uses the same

GoSMS is just an app that used the sim cards sms functions built into the phone, Cabbage uses the same

Cabbage Ultimate I take it and not the ordinary one?

Cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Morning all.

SkyGo doesn't work on my Touchpad running ICS. Is there any way of having SkyGo running on the pc in one room, and have it displaying on the Touchpad in the other room? Some sort of remote access thing?

That's really not a great explanation.

Soarer wrote: »
    Morning all.

SkyGo doesn't work on my Touchpad running ICS. Is there any way of having SkyGo running on the pc in one room, and have it displaying on the Touchpad in the other room? Some sort of remote access thing?

That's really not a great explanation.

there's an app/software called TeamViewer that lets you view/control another device they way you're talking about but i'm not too sure about the volume when using it or the video quality either

worth a try though

EDIT: it's no good for watching video's etc.

Think everyone should have webkey.. If the phone is stolen, chances are it won't be deleted in the first couple of days which should give enough time to get all the info ya need go get it back.

Think everyone should have webkey.. If the phone is stolen, chances are it won't be deleted in the first couple of days which should give enough time to get all the info ya need to get it back.

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    be careful with this, 2 of the in game purchases cost 96.99eu (and can be bought multiple times i believe) and with the android in game purhases its "one-click"

probably wont matter to most people, but if your kid uses your phone or tablet...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement