Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I'll let him know anyway. Not sure exactly what hes planning at the minute (bar trying to join the broken wire together again this evening.

I sent him an email anyway about this so i'll let you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

ShaneU wrote: »

^^^ I just saw that on my facebook feed by Gmail. Novel idea.

/I'm using & have set up nicely the Android Calendar already on my phone and don't need to change over though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭nedd

maybe it has been mentioned before but Triple Town is very good. you get a few games free and then have to pay. Its €3 which is a little steep though.

The other game I'm playing now is Mass Effect Infiltrator. I got it when it was on sale for 25 cent. it is very good once you get used to the controls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Remote for itunes
    For people that miss the remote on the iphone, here's the android version, it actually works better than the original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Anyone tried Chameleon Launcher for Tablets?

I really like the way it handles widgets, just wish there were more of them optimised for it.

Tried it on the Nexus 7 and it works great so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yugioh

Someone here mentioned an app that changes your profile depending on the Wifi you're connected to. I thought I bookmarked it but can't find it, could anyone give me a pointer? Am using Llama but there's too many towers it doesn't recognise so doesn't work sometimes.

Also I'm having a terrible time syncing music from iTunes to my android and my pictures too. Anyone have any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yugioh

Someone here mentioned an app that changes your profile depending on the Wifi you're connected to. I thought I bookmarked it but can't find it, could anyone give me a pointer? Am using Llama but there's too many towers it doesn't recognise so doesn't work sometimes.

Also I'm having a terrible time syncing music from iTunes to my android and my pictures too. Anyone have any tips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Yugioh wrote: »

You add the cells to your area. So if you are home, "Learn" your area for 5 minutes. Maybe walk around your house for that period.

Do the same in work.

They all really do the same thing. Llama hasn't failed me so far and I'm using it for a year or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Bought the new Rayman game last night for €2.39. Addictive is not the word. I only bought it because so many of the reviews were saying how great it is, it's worth every penny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Otacon wrote: »
    Anyone tried Chameleon Launcher for Tablets?

I really like the way it handles widgets, just wish there were more of them optimised for it.

Tried it on the Nexus 7 and it works great so far.

At that price I don't think they will be getting many people to try it, €7.77 goes a lot further than 1 app on the android market :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

This post has been deleted.

Totally agree, considering the free version is for kickstarters and beta testers they have a cheek asking that much for it and from the comments the 7.77 version still works like its in beta. Shame because it does look like it;s worth paying some money for ............... just not nearly that much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GrahamG4

I see a lot of mentions for Swiftkey which is good. But I prefer Swype.

It's fiddlier to get onto the phone as you have to register but it's free. I've used both and I like SwiftKey but I found Swype to be more accurate for me. Too many "or"s being converted to "our"s on SwiftKey and similar type issues that made it annoying. Or maybe I'm just used to Swype. It's worth a look anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Bought the new Rayman game last night for €2.39. Addictive is not the word. I only bought it because so many of the reviews were saying how great it is, it's worth every penny.

Deadly game altogether. Been hooked on it all week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

GrahamG4 wrote: »
    I see a lot of mentions for Swiftkey which is good. But I prefer Swype.

It's fiddlier to get onto the phone as you have to register but it's free. I've used both and I like SwiftKey but I found Swype to be more accurate for me. Too many "or"s being converted to "our"s on SwiftKey and similar type issues that made it annoying. Or maybe I'm just used to Swype. It's worth a look anyway.

I see swiftkey are being out a beta version soon with Swype like features. Interesting.
    http://swiftkey.net/flow/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Zombies, Run! is half price (€2.99). I've heard many good things about it, cannae wait to get chased by zombies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

jgbyr wrote: »

I see swiftkey are being out a beta version soon with Swype like features. Interesting.

http://swiftkey.net/flow/

Vip members can download now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Great update to fotmob app this morning allowing you to listen into certain matches including premier league games.
    Fantastic app.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Sopcast

http://www.sopcast.com/download/android.html

Very handy for watching Live stuff not on tv if you know what I mean ;)

Anyone who had it, does the audio work? I've used it twice and I only get visuals but no audio. No big deal, just curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

tok9 wrote: »
    Sopcast

http://www.sopcast.com/download/android.html

Very handy for watching Live stuff not on tv if you know what I mean ;)

Anyone who had it, does the audio work? I've used it twice and I only get visuals but no audio. No big deal, just curious.

Sound on JB is broken in the latest version (0.8.8).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

god's toy wrote: »
    Vip members can download now.

Not seeing it on the VIP forum...?

Not seeing it on the VIP forum...?

Looks like the link was killed, must not been official.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭polaris68

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

god's toy wrote: »
    Looks like the link was killed, must not been official.

Did you manage to download it?

coldfire1x wrote: »

Did you manage to download it?

Nope, was waiting on a review or two first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Great update to fotmob app this morning allowing you to listen into certain matches including premier league games.
    Fantastic app.

Where is this option? Does it require subscription? Running V 7.1.2

tonc76 wrote: »
    Where is this option? Does it require subscription? Running V 7.1.2

The latest version is v 8.0.1

It just updated automatically for me during the week, you may need to do it manually.
    Its just beta though and I'm having issues listening to the Villa - Norwich game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ok this is a piece of hardware rather than an app (but it does have a complimenting Adoid App as well) but I just thought I'd share as I think it's pretty cool

If you don't have a car kit but want something that works with your android phone to give you a hands free (and legal) in car expereince, check out the
    Motorola Roadster 2.

Official video:

Video Review:
    [/QUOTE]

They are pretty cheap too! Here is one on ebay for about €53 delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slf.ListglApp&hl=en

move Gameloft games to your external SD card on the Galaxy 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Zascar wrote: »
    Motorola Roadster 2

How about the Jabra Roadster?

Can bond to TWO phones at the same time.
    Bluetooth in, FM out for music [or built in speakers]

Fantastic device. Using t the past 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Does anyone know if there's a tablet app for PDF editing? Pretty basic functionality required, just being able to highlight text and type some notes in the white spaces.. It's for use with college notes on the fly in lectures.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Uriel. wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's a tablet app for PDF editing? Pretty basic functionality required, just being able to highlight text and type some notes in the white spaces.. It's for use with college notes on the fly in lectures.

Cheers.

ezpdfanotate.png

Uriel, have a sniff @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=udk.android.reader

ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form

That might suit you, it was in a recent Google Sale and it seems to allow you to more or less type\doodle\fill forms\mess about with a .pdf in lots of ways.

There's an optional cloud plugin too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=udk.android.plugin.cloud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

If you want to pass a few hours try Hill Climb Racing.

It's really addictive! Very hard to put down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Amalgam wrote: »
    ezpdfanotate.png

Uriel, have a sniff @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=udk.android.reader

ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form

That might suit you, it was in a recent Google Sale and it seems to allow you to more or less type\doodle\fill forms\mess about with a .pdf in lots of ways.

There's an optional cloud plugin too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=udk.android.plugin.cloud

Cheers.
    You know what is even better. Bought this app a year ago I'd say and didn't realise you could annotate etc... with it. Also didn't know about the cloud plugin. Excellent, thanks for enlightening me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I've been developing an app that offers similar functionality to MightyText, if he really needs to retrieve his text messages I might be able to help him out.

Looking for beta testers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Looking for beta testers?

Yes, absolutely! The app isn't at a stage yet where it's ready for beta testing but it's close enough. A few features need to be added and a client needs to be written also. The app is basically a server running on the phone that allows clients to log in and request all the text messages on the phone. The client will be able to send text messages through the phone. New text messages and incoming call notifications will be transmitted to the client also.

This all happens over a LAN or WLAN so there are no privacy implications bar any bugs in the code. It is not intended that a third party will host or have access to any user data.

This is my first Android app, written to educate myself in Android so it's not for commercial benefit so if anyone wants to get involved in testing or development they are more than welcome. It'll be at least a week before I can get back to working on it due to a few things going on but I'd like to get it finished before the end of the year, MightyText is starting to annoy me!

I'll be in touch TechGuy, anyone else who wants to help out send me a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Gotta say, I'm very impressed with Adobe Photoshop Touch, it works very very well, and has loads of the features that it's big brother has. App wise, it's one of the more expensive ones, but it really does work very well, and the interface is well designed too.

[edit]
    Oh, but it's tablet only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Spotify!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Melion wrote: »
    Spotify!!!!

not the best designed app in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Jetpack Joyride, so addictive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Hey folks, anyone know of a good app for learning piano on a tab?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

TuneIn. Fantastic. Love how it has a Podcast directory too.

(This isn't a reply to the Piano post, sorry.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

http://www.ingress.com/

Invite only (for now) google game.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miniclip.plagueinc

Plague inc - Great litte game where you have to create a disease and infect and kill everyone on the planet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miniclip.plagueinc

Plague inc - Great litte game where you have to create a disease and infect and kill everyone on the planet.

Great game, bar the constant ads and they make it bloody hard to unlock anything without paying. I've wiped out the entire earth's population 3 times now, and i've still not unlocked the next plague type.

Still though, good fun.

irishgeo wrote: »

not the best designed app in the world
    Do I need to have a Facebook account to access this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Do I need to have a Facebook account to access this?

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Kiith wrote: »
    Great game, bar the constant ads and they make it bloody hard to unlock anything without paying. I've wiped out the entire earth's population 3 times now, and i've still not unlocked the next plague type.

Still though, good fun.
    I got sick of those ads, and gave in and bought the full app for 65p.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement