Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Has anyone passed the Little Crane level where you need to put the signs on the bridge? There must be an order they need to be in but i can't see what it could be

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Don't know if this is allowed, but does anyone know where I can get the apk files for free apps?
    I'd like to archive my apps that way so that I don't have to waste space updating the market to the play store to get them again if something happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

kiddums wrote: »
    Don't know if this is allowed, but does anyone know where I can get the apk files for free apps?
    I'd like to archive my apps that way so that I don't have to waste space updating the market to the play store to get them again if something happens.

TitaniumBackup Pro

Superb Software.

RangeR wrote: »
    TitaniumBackup Pro

Superb Software.
    Should have mentioned that the phones not rooted, and won't be.

Unless you are worried about internet usage, The Google Play store will automatically download all [most] of your apps, if something happens [factory reset phone, get new phone etc]. You have to configure your account to do this [tick the auto backup and restore options]

RangeR wrote: »
    Unless you are worried about internet usage, The Google Play store will automatically download all [most] of your apps, if something happens [factory reset phone, get new phone etc]. You have to configure your account to do this [tick the auto backup and restore options]
    The memory on the phone is too small, so I'm not updating to the google play store. I just need something that will cover me if my phone auto uninstalls apps to free up space again. It did it last night so I want to avoid it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Try this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

For tablet users this is a must, €2 but worth it for the license:

Rotation control

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Or this one for free?

Rotation Locker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

For anyone looking for a good & free podcatcher, try Podcast Addict (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bambuna.podcastaddict). It does it's job very well. Search is a bit crummy, but grab the xml link from the podcast's site and you can enter that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Facebook finally released their native android app yesterday, runs a lot smoother now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Was there an app a few pages back that allowed you to restrict permission from apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Slunk wrote: »
    Was there an app a few pages back that allowed you to restrict permission from apps.

LBE Privacy Guard

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lbe.security.lite&hl=en

you need a rooted phone though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Anyone picked up Vice City yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Damn you anyway gonzonvision, there goes any spare time I had! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Yeah I got it for SGS2, good for a bit of nostalgia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Got it yesterday and have it up and running. It's unreal and all I've done is watch the intro! :D I'll sync up the ps3 controller tomorrow and give it a proper go. Play Store reviews have went up to four stars on average which suggests its running well. They were like one and a half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Just released on the 11th of December. A nice bit of retro nostalgia.

brokensword2androidhead.jpg

Broken Sword II – the Smoking Mirror : Remastered

brokensword2android.png

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.revolution.BSII

---

I'm aware you can emulate.. but Revolution Software do a good job of squashing any bugs or control issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

irishgeo wrote: »
    LBE Privacy Guard

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lbe.security.lite&hl=en

you need a rooted phone though.

did they sort out the Jelly Bean reboot loop?

I had to get the chinese version that was translated on xda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Is there any App that allows you play your music through the car radio maybe through the bluetooth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Is there any App that allows you play your music through the car radio maybe through the bluetooth?
    If your car stereo can receive audio over bluetooth, and its paired with the phone it should show as an option on the standard music player, or indeed any sound that comes from the phone in fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭b318isp

Most of the stock ones do, just connect through bluetooth first. I use Player Pro meeself.

b318isp wrote: »
    Most of the stock ones do, just connect through bluetooth first. I use Player Pro meeself.

Sorry for stupid questions
    Have an 8 year old car with radio does that make a difference? Does it tell me what frequency it is tuned into?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Have an 8 year old car with radio does that make a difference? Does it tell me what frequency it is tuned into?
    It's an FM transmitter you're looking for, not bluetooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

You're looking for an FM transmitter really. You can get them really cheap, like this one;

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5244878.htm?CMPID=GS001&_%24ja%3Dkw%3A{keyword}%7Ccgn%3Apla%7C%7C5244878%7Ctsid%3A11677%7Ccn%3Apla%7C%7C5244878%7Cmt%3A{MatchType}%7Ccrid%3A14542145259

I purchased this a few months ago. Enabled up to two devices connected simultaneously. Might want to play music from one device while being able to take or make calls on your primary phone.

It's an excellent device. Only downside is that you cannot charge while using it. I tried, it doesn't work. Manual says the same thing. Not a huge thing if you just remember to bring it in and charge it once or twice a week [depending on usage]

SuprSi wrote: »

Thanks I think that is exactly what I am looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Just discovered Samba File Sharing

Basically a Samba filesharing server for Android. Just tested it there on my wdlive and I was able to go through the folders of my phone and play and view any file. Was also able to access my external sdcard which is brilliant. Also if you had a tablet or iPad this could be a very handy app.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Just got an email on this today Ticket Master Ireland.
    Oh the hardship I've gone through trying to buy tickets on my phone in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Can some one recommend a app to read magazines on, on a tablet. Ive Moon reader and Aldiko but they don't seem great to read magazines on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Zinio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Zinio
    Tried that But i don't think you can Import Magazines into that or use that App to view Magazines you have downloaded on Your tablet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

Currents?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Oh the hardship I've gone through trying to buy tickets on my phone in the past.

It needs a lot of permissions
    Permissions
    THIS APPLICATION HAS ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING:
    SERVICES THAT COST YOU MONEY
    DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS
    Allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. This may result in unexpected charges or calls. Note that this doesn't allow the app to call emergency numbers. Malicious apps may cost you money by making calls without your confirmation.

YOUR LOCATION
    PRECISE LOCATION (GPS AND NETWORK-BASED)
    Allows the app to get your precise location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) or network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
    NETWORK COMMUNICATION
    FULL NETWORK ACCESS
    Allows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
    YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
    READ YOUR CONTACTS
    Allows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your tablet, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge. Allows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your phone, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge.
    READ CALENDAR EVENTS PLUS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
    Allows the app to read all calendar events stored on your tablet, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to share or save your calendar data, regardless of confidentiality or sensitivity. Allows the app to read all calendar events stored on your phone, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to share or save your calendar data, regardless of confidentiality or sensitivity.

ADD OR MODIFY CALENDAR EVENTS AND SEND EMAIL TO GUESTS WITHOUT OWNERS' KNOWLEDGE
    Allows the app to add, remove, change events that you can modify on your tablet, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to send messages that appear to come from calendar owners, or modify events without the owners' knowledge. Allows the app to add, remove, change events that you can modify on your phone, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to send messages that appear to come from calendar owners, or modify events without the owners' knowledge.

PHONE CALLS
    READ PHONE STATUS AND IDENTITY
    Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
    STORAGE
    MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR USB STORAGE MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR SD CARD
    Allows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to write to the SD card.
    SYSTEM TOOLS
    PREVENT TABLET FROM SLEEPING PREVENT PHONE FROM SLEEPING
    Allows the app to prevent the tablet from going to sleep. Allows the app to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
    Hide
    NETWORK COMMUNICATION
    VIEW NETWORK CONNECTIONS
    Allows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
    RECEIVE DATA FROM INTERNET
    Allows apps to accept cloud to device messages sent by the app's service. Using this service will incur data usage. Malicious apps could cause excess data usage.
    SYSTEM TOOLS
    RUN AT STARTUP
    Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the tablet and allow the app to slow down the overall tablet by always running. Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the app to slow down the overall phone by always running.
    TEST ACCESS TO PROTECTED STORAGE TEST ACCESS TO PROTECTED STORAGE
    Allows the app to test a permission for USB storage that will be available on future devices. Allows the app to test a permission for the SD card that will be available on future devices.
    READ CALL LOG
    Allows the app to read your tablet's call log, including data about incoming and outgoing calls. This permission allows apps to save your call log data, and malicious apps may share call log data without your knowledge. Allows the app to read your phone's call log, including data about incoming and outgoing calls. This permission allows apps to save your call log data, and malicious apps may share call log data without your knowledge.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

:eek::eek::eek:
    It does ask when you run it first if it can scan you music library to suggest artists based on your tastes..

:eek::eek::eek:
    It does ask when you run it first if it can scan you music library to suggest artists based on your tastes..

Its the ones they don't tell you about you need to be to worried about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Says it cant install on any of my devices (country) I am in Dublin.:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Says it cant install on any of my devices (country) I am in Dublin.:confused::confused:

That link is to the Ticketmaster app, the Ticketmaster Ireland app is at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ticketmaster.mobile.android.ie&feature=more_from_developer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

AntiRip wrote: »

Basically a Samba filesharing server for Android. Just tested it there on my wdlive and I was able to go through the folders of my phone and play and view any file. Was also able to access my external sdcard which is brilliant. Also if you had a tablet or iPad this could be a very handy app.

I must try this on my PC and then XMBC on the Nexus 10 as right now with Windows 8 shared folders XMBC can't see the folder without me manually having to add it??

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Can some one recommend a app to read magazines on, on a tablet. Ive Moon reader and Aldiko but they don't seem great to read magazines on.

I'm using Mantano Ebook Reader (premium version) and absolutely love it! Love the page turning animations, they are as close as you can get to the official Goof Books application and magazines look great on them!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

AntiRip wrote: »

Do you need root access to your phone/tablet to run this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

SteM wrote: »
    Do you need root access to your phone/tablet to run this?

Yeah you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

More of a Bargain Alert but Need For Speed: Most Wanted and Dead Space are both 93 cent right now. Just got both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Sega have a sale on most of their games at the moment. You can get the superb Jet Set Radio for under €2 euro, and all the Sonic games are less than €1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

I'll be right back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Does anyone still use yahoo mail? The app was perfect, but they updated it and it's absolutely woeful now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Cienciano wrote: »
    Does anyone still use yahoo mail? The app was perfect, but they updated it and it's absolutely woeful now!

Yes, I found the update crap on the basis it didnt notify when new mail arrived. Thats fixed now and its grown on me.. bit like their web layout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Does anyone still use yahoo mail?

Cant believe anybody still uses Yahoo ..haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

GBX wrote: »
    Yes, I found the update crap on the basis it didnt notify when new mail arrived. Thats fixed now and its grown on me.. bit like their web layout
    Just noticed that there's an update after you said it's fixed. Seems better now, it was taking 5 or 6 hours to even send an email!
    Kev. wrote: »
    Cant believe anybody still uses Yahoo ..haha
    Been using it since 1998 and had zero problems with it till now, why would I change!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement