Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 freeeeezing

Super Hexagon is now available for Android. Haven't played it but it's got some really good reviews. Made by an Irish developer and only 70c at the moment. Gonna give it a go.

It didn't look that great from the video but I got it as it was from an Irish dev. That is one addictive game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Super Hexagon is now available for Android. Haven't played it but it's got some really good reviews. Made by an Irish developer and only 70c at the moment. Gonna give it a go.
    ongarite wrote: »
    Everyone get this game. Probably the most addictive game you can play, it was a huge hit on Apple Store & Steam last year.

Purchased this last night on the strength of above. Good game. Can't get past 9.2 seconds. It's good, but it ain't all that.

On a serious note. Epilepsy anyone? A little less in / out and less flashing would be a better experience. I can't play it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

RangeR wrote: »
    Purchased this last night on the strength of above. Good game. Can't get past 9.2 seconds. It's good, but it ain't all that.

On a serious note. Epilepsy anyone? A little less in / out and less flashing would be a better experience. I can't play it anymore.

I bought it because I'd heard of it and knew it was an Irish dev. Not usually a fan of fast-paced games on phones but it's my new favourite game. The controls work really well. Takes a while to get used to the style and sometimes I still get lost and aim for a wall but it's great fun. One of those "one more go" games. I've managed over 30s on all the modes but can't quite break the 45s barrier. I think my record is something like 44.59.

I know what you mean. I was seeing spinning pulses when I closed my eyes. Part of the fun for me though. Reminds me of when I used to play hours of Tetris and then dream in Tetriminos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gnarlyone

My favourite free productivity apps are probably:

Remember the Milk, for reminders
    Note Everything, tis a truly awesome multipurpose notepad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I used Springpad & before that Evernote... But now I have moved over to Catch. Its the simplest and most versatile place for notes, lists and just collecting things. Google calendar is still my defacto place for reminders

And my favourite free game at the mo for when im not productive ;) is prob:
    Asterism, bubble-shooter type puzzle game with rebounding shots

must try catch, looks good. did like Evernote too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭dougm1970

is there any app that would be similar to tv guide or sky+ app where i can see a listing of uk and ireland tv.....AND...be able to click on an upcoming programme and set a reminder ??

i should add that i have zeebox installed which is almost very good...but...the notifications cant be set say 15 mins before and the notification sound is very low...very low...and no obvious way to change that....landscape grid view would be good too

dougm1970 wrote: »
    is there any app that would be similar to tv guide or sky+ app where i can see a listing of uk and ireland tv.....AND...be able to click on an upcoming programme and set a reminder ??

i should add that i have zeebox installed which is almost very good...but...the notifications cant be set say 15 mins before and the notification sound is very low...very low...and no obvious way to change that....landscape grid view would be good too

Try this. VERY nice.
    Sorry. Should have read the entire post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

It didn't look that great from the video but I got it as it was from an Irish dev. That is one addictive game.
    Ditto, it's very good. And very difficult. I wouldn't mind an "I'm crap at this game let me slow it down till I get used to it" option.
    Definitely liking the sound but the visuals while mesmerising could be toned down a fraction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

RangeR wrote: »
    Try this. VERY nice.
    Sorry. Should have read the entire post.

I haven't tried it but the developer has a beta version of the app that says it does reminders too. I only noticed it in the "More from developer" section when I clicked your link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

dougm1970 wrote: »

Keoli TV should do all of the above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sliding Messaging got an update today and while not lightning quick, there's definitely an improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I find TV listings Ireland very good. Play store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Anyone recommend a good keyboard that predicts words, but works in every text field? I use swiftkey, but it doesn't give me predictions when typing on boards, or internet forums. Just for messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

SwiftKey predicts on touch. boards. ie for me

Idleater wrote: »
    SwiftKey predicts on touch. boards. ie for me

I hate the touch version, I use the full site. Although, might use touch if the keyboard works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Simona1986 wrote: »
    I can't get this to work. The website is just saying that "The Google Play music player is currently available in select territories."?
    Follow this guide, simples :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Cienciano wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good keyboard that predicts words, but works in every text field? I use swiftkey, but it doesn't give me predictions when typing on boards, or internet forums. Just for messages.

Swiftkey works across the board for me, only places I have noticed it not predicting text is URL fields and username/password fields.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Anyone use pocket casts podcast player and find it not working for the last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 freeeeezing

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Anyone use pocket casts podcast player and find it not working for the last week?

I use it. The last podcast downloaded on Monday night for me. That's normal enough. I just hit a refresh and it found a new one and is downloading away as I type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Toying with the idea of using the new Tasker Beta... The only thing is that I actually like interacting with my phone and don't really want to automate everything...

There is one big use I'd have for it though... I always forget to turn on Skype... So, I'd like to set up perameters that turns Skype one 1) after 7.00pm 2) only when I am at home...

This would be simple on my phone, as it would know when I enter the vicinity of my wifi network... But my tablet usually stays at home, so is always within wifi range.

dulpit wrote: »
    Swiftkey works across the board for me, only places I have noticed it not predicting text is URL fields and username/password fields.:confused:
    Not for me :(
    After googling it happens to a lot of people, it depends on the browser. I have the stock one that comes with the samsung gs2.
    Sent swiftkey support a message, if nothing comes of it I'll go back to swipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

I use Twicca and would recommend it.

+1 for twice a as well. However, I can seem to be able to edit my retweets before I send them?

Cienciano wrote: »
    Not for me :(
    After googling it happens to a lot of people, it depends on the browser. I have the stock one that comes with the samsung gs2.
    Sent swiftkey support a message, if nothing comes of it I'll go back to swipe

Try chrome browser maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Game doesn't yet appear on a local Nexus 7 Play Store search (Ireland), or through a local browser, for some reason.

Visit the link, log in, download. App downloads without issue.

---

Temple Run 2

templerun2icon.png

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.imangi.templerun2

---

There goes my evening :)

Lads what are your favourite widgets?

tis the one in my Guinness can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

The "dual-clock" one, the Accuweather one, the AVG anti-virus one with handy battery percentage indicator.
    The "google search" one. The PowerAmp one is very cool too, can adjust it's size and functions.

• Advertisement

The sickipedia one is great though it seems to have stopped working recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

TheUsual wrote: »
    The "dual-clock" one, the Accuweather one, the AVG anti-virus one with handy battery percentage indicator.
    The "google search" one. The PowerAmp one is very cool too, can adjust it's size and functions.

Personally, I find the AIX weather widget to be the best out there. It is crazy accurate!

derekeire wrote: »
    The sickipedia one is great though it seems to have stopped working recently.
    Just downloaded it, doesn't seem to work with jellybean.

Personally, I find the AIX weather widget to be the best out there. It is crazy accurate!

Cool. Will try that.
    Accuweather is just what EVERY single phone uses, so by default that's what I had.

Hmmm comes out tiny on xperia s, can't seem to calibrate it at all, :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Depends on what visual style your looking for.
    I prefer a minimal approach to my phone layout so I'm using Eye in Sky widget with Google Now icon set.
    1Weather is another fantastic weather widget with minimal style.

Also using Flipboard widget, Google Calendar & Falcon for Twitter widget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

dulpit wrote: »

you don't want it storing/predicting your usernames & passwords anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I only use Zooper Pro. It's a hugely customisable text-based widget that can display anything you want. On my screen I just have the time, date, location and weather (all in text) in the top right and in the bottom left the days of the week with the current day being the biggest. It's minimal but very cool.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zooper.zwpro&hl=en

Very good support too!

^^^^
    Wtf 99c???? :eek:
    Ahhh :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It's well worth 99c to be honest

Screenshot_2013-01-24-21-31-31.png

• Advertisement

Idleater wrote: »
    Ditto, it's very good. And very difficult. I wouldn't mind an "I'm crap at this game let me slow it down till I get used to it" option.
    Definitely liking the sound but the visuals while mesmerising could be toned down a fraction.

Superhexagon is v good. Challenging game, really unique. Nice thats its by an irish developer. Thats why I originally downloaded Asterism too, from an irish developer. Its great thats there's plenty of Irish apps popping up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ALL THE EMULATORS!!! (Except N64)
    And free

Retroarch

Chinpool wrote: »
    And free.

Ah nuts. There goes the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

Chinpool wrote: »
    And free

Retroarch

I downloaded this earlier, however has anyone got the ps emulator to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

SuprSi wrote: »
    It's well worth 99c to be honest

Screenshot_2013-01-24-21-31-31.png

how did you get the big time and weather on the top right?

mondeo wrote: »

I downloaded this earlier, however has anyone got the ps emulator to work?
    Most ps emulators need a playstation boot image. Have you tried that?

Dammit I mean bios image

how did you get the big time and weather on the top right?

tap on the widget
    on the screen that opens press layout
    you'll see a few boxes with "Text" on them, Under each "Text" is the text on the screen you are able to edit. ie sunset, 22.28,clouds,min3 etc
    Click the "Text" box you want to edit and move and resize using the x offset and y offset buttons
    Youll see the text moving across the screen as you press the little arrows

etc...
    :cool:

Whatsapp.

I must be late to this, anyone using it for free texts and photos ?

TheUsual wrote: »
    Whatsapp.

I must be late to this, anyone using it for free texts and photos ?

Yep. Great app. Free for the 1st year then about 80 cents per year.
    The WhatsApp+ mod on XDA is a nicer version of it
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1624514

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement