Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheapest place for xbox wireless adaptor

• 21-08-2009 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

well where is the cheapest place to get a wireless network adaptor??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Word to the wise, that reduction isn't permanent! The 360 accessories constantly fluctuate in price, won't be long before the adapter is €80 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Was on offer for €50 in Gamestop there a couple of weeks ago too, don't know if it still is though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

It's not wireless but this type of thing is an option too.
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150039

The big advantage is that it'll work on any ethernet device so if you change your Xbox in a few years this will work with whatever replaces it. Or you can plug it into a switch and have more than one network port at your TV (probably not too important for most people though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The big advantage is that it'll work on any ethernet device so if you change your Xbox in a few years this will work with whatever replaces it. Or you can plug it into a switch and have more than one network port at your TV (probably not too important for most people though).

Makes a lot more sense to splash 80 notes on these than the M$ adapter

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Makes a lot more sense to splash 80 notes on these than the M$ adapter

Where did ya get the 80 from?
    It's £29.99 on the link I gave. Even with postage they're cheaper than the MS adapter, and faster, and compatible with more devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

niallon wrote: »
    Word to the wise, that reduction isn't permanent! The 360 accessories constantly fluctuate in price, won't be long before the adapter is €80 again.
    You were right! its gone back up to 80 in smyths. Anywhere doing a good deal on this now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Damn i was gonna get one in 2 weeks when my broadband was sorted oh heres hoping game still do them at 50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

NTMK wrote: »
    Damn i was gonna get one in 2 weeks when my broadband was sorted oh heres hoping game still do them at 50

Nah

Game are gone back up too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Have you tried this? It looks really cool and was wondering if anyone has seen it work before I grab one.

• Advertisement

smooch71 wrote: »
    Have you tried this? It looks really cool and was wondering if anyone has seen it work before I grab one.

Not that model. The ones I have are pricier. I bought them a couple of years ago and haven't needed to mess with them since I set them up initially.
    http://www.dabs4work.ie/products/devolo-dlan-highspeed-ii-homeplug-kit--twin-pack--62Z7.html?q=devolo#specifications

Homeplug is a standard though so they should all be similar. I've mates that have bought cheapy ones from eBay and they worked fine too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

get a wireless access piont it like a small wirless router like for your broadband

use ethernet from 360 it the it'll connect to your router
    seen them as low a €20

not sure of lag you may get on those power line networking things

you can also use an old wireless router if you have one instead of a access point

Varik wrote: »
    not sure of lag you may get on those power line networking things

I'm sure about mine. My OH can be playing a movie in the kitchen when I'm on the 360 online in the sitting room so it's all going over the internal wiring. No probs at all. Don't know what the latency is but I've never needed to check as it works fine.

But if there's any doubt just buy a wireless access point (as long as your wireless signal is strong enough).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭okla

It was 49.99 in Gamestop in omni park Santry today.:)

gobsheen.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Brilliant hopefully they're still at 50 next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Dante

I have one that I never use it anyone wants it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭the lil man

I have one that I never use it anyone wants it!

il take it for free??:D

Advertisement