Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My shocks have locked

Options
  • 21-08-2009 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Hey all.
    I recently bought a Trek 3900 2nd hand off somebody.
    Having owned one of these before and using it as a baseline into spins on dirt tracks I need the shocks to function.
    It appears the shocks have extended fully and wont move at all :confused: Any tips on how to free it?
    I suspect it may have seized from sitting up for a while. At least i'm hoping it's something minor as the rest of the bike seems mint.

Thanks as always for your tips and advice! I dont want to send it to a shop if possible but I don't think the shocks are adjustable.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

congo_90 wrote: »
    Hey all.
    I recently bought a Trek 3900 2nd hand off somebody.
    Having owned one of these before and using it as a baseline into spins on dirt tracks I need the shocks to function.
    It appears the shocks have extended fully and wont move at all :confused: Any tips on how to free it?
    I suspect it may have seized from sitting up for a while. At least i'm hoping it's something minor as the rest of the bike seems mint.

Thanks as always for your tips and advice! I dont want to send it to a shop if possible but I don't think the shocks are adjustable.

RST forks? If they are just bin them and fit a new one. RST forks are ****e and usually end up seized.

It sounds like they are seized allright.

Advertisement