Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport - Terminal 2

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Batmanosaurus

Hey quick question.

I'm flying out via T2 to Phoenix (Via Newark) with United Airlines . Should I expect to have to pick my bags up in Newark or will they go on to my Newark->PHX flight? With a 5 hour layover it'll give me something to do I guess, so it's not a big deal if I did have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

If you do preclearance in Dublin, your bags should be checked through, if not, you'll have to collect them in Newark before you go through Customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

<snip>

Better yet. The security entrance has no signs!
    Fair enough, I approached a member of staff to ask why there was no signs, and the answer was that there was signs to bring you there, so the (CLOSED!!) door yonder must be where security is!
    Well. Fair enough. I knew security was somewhere up there. And I could check every door and cupboard to see if its the entrance.
    But searching around isnt what a passenger with bags and a squealy child wants to do.
    A simple sign, "Departures" or "Gates 400-499" (or something along those lines) is all thats needed.
    this situation is now no longer the case as theres a reasonably big "Departures" sign now to tell you where departures is and aside from that theres the zig zag queue up area giving a good hint that the non descript grey wall with door with no markings is indeed the way to get to security screening and beyond.

That this thread is so quiet is a good sign that Terminal 2 is working ok and I for one am a fan (although even a hayshed terminal would be better than T1 at its horrible overcrowded worst)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

this situation is now no longer the case as theres a reasonably big "Departures" sign now to tell you where departures is and aside from that theres the zig zag queue up area giving a good hint that the non descript grey wall with door with no markings is indeed the way to get to security screening and beyond.

That this thread is so quiet is a good sign that Terminal 2 is working ok and I for one am a fan (although even a hayshed terminal would be better than T1 at its horrible overcrowded worst)

But T1 is bound to be quieter now - isn't it's processing load substantially reduced now since T2 became operational?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,684 ✭✭✭✭L1011

T1 is also being slowly modernised to T2's standards although the gammy layout is unchangeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

MYOB wrote: »
    T1 is also being slowly modernised to T2's standards although the gammy layout is unchangeable.
    The layout for T2 (arrivals) is hardly well thought out? T1 arrivals is much more accessible in comparison, with various amenities and services all easy to find. Ever gone looking for the toilets in T2 arrivals level?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭cgcsb

T1 still leaks when it rains

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

The lounge closes way too early in T2. Bloody useless.

The layout for T2 (arrivals) is hardly well thought out? T1 arrivals is much more accessible in comparison, with various amenities and services all easy to find. Ever gone looking for the toilets in T2 arrivals level?

I've looked for, found and used them without much trouble.

T1 is a spindly mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 shelbourne ultimatum

enda1 wrote: »
    The lounge closes way too early in T2. Bloody useless.

Which one??

There's three of them, two of which are run by Aer Lingus and Etihad and not the DAA.

Given all non Aerlingus / Etihad flights depart T2 by 3pm, there is only really a need for those two to remain open.

MYOB wrote: »
    I've looked for, found and used them without much trouble.

T1 is a spindly mess.
    Good for you. They are hidden behind the "Oak Bar", along with the tourist information desk. Compare and contrast that with T1. They even provide drinking water fountains in T1 beside the toilets in Arrivals.

And what exactly is a spindly mess?? I'm talking strictly about T1 arrivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Which one??

There's three of them, two of which are run by Aer Lingus and Etihad and not the DAA.

Given all non Aerlingus / Etihad flights depart T2 by 3pm, there is only really a need for those two to remain open.

I thinks an aer lingus one. Closing time was seven and flight was after 10pm. No use at all!

And what exactly is a spindly mess?? I'm talking strictly about T1 arrivals.

The entire terminal. I'm *not* strictly talking about the one bit you seem to prefer, but the entire, multiply extended never planned horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Arriving from Pier B is a joke.

Up and down stairs, the looping queues for that weird immigration hall, then the dreadful baggage reclaim hall and arrivals hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

heres T2 baggage hall, note - loads of toilets
    http://www.dublinairport.com/Libraries/Maps_-_Terminal_2_New_Dec_2011/Terminal_2_Arrivals_Baggage_Hall.sflb.ashx
    heres T2 arrivals land side , note - loads of toilets
    http://www.dublinairport.com/Libraries/Maps_-_Terminal_2_New_Dec_2011/Terminal_2_Arrivals.sflb.ashx

And even on the way from the pier to the baggage hall my first impressions of the T2 was the overwhelming abundance of toilets!
    Its a good problem to have as if one is closed for cleaning you have no distance to go to the next one.

heres T2 baggage hall, note - loads of toilets
    http://www.dublinairport.com/Libraries/Maps_-_Terminal_2_New_Dec_2011/Terminal_2_Arrivals_Baggage_Hall.sflb.ashx
    heres T2 arrivals land side , note - loads of toilets
    http://www.dublinairport.com/Libraries/Maps_-_Terminal_2_New_Dec_2011/Terminal_2_Arrivals.sflb.ashx

And even on the way from the pier to the baggage hall my first impressions of the T2 was the overwhelming abundance of toilets!
    Its a good problem to have as if one is closed for cleaning you have no distance to go to the next one.
    I know for a fact that at least one of two marked on the landside map is actually for disabled users only... And it's obvious which terminal has the more accessible tourist information desk. If anything, it's the landside areas which have lots of people standing around, waiting for whatever arrival that may well be delayed. Not so much the traveller who waits the 10 minutes or so for baggage (that is if they even have checked in luggage) and then continues on their merry way outside.

Just think about it from the point of all airport users, not just Mr. x who leaves the airport immediately via taxi upon leaving the baggage hall.

Advertisement