Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What software would I need to do designs such as this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bludhemn

You could try a vector based program, like corel draw. Inkscape wouldnt be a bad choice either, as it is open source.

'Hard' to learn is something that comes about depending on the amount of time spent on learning the actual software. Some do have a steep learning curve, but im sure they'll have good resources and tutorials, community maintained or otherwise.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I would advice hiring a graphic designer to do any design work required. They will have the software required and will do a much better job than.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Renseignement

mood wrote: »
    I would advice hiring a graphic designer to do any design work required. They will have the software required and will do a much better job than.

That pretty good advice. The illustrations on the example you gave are pretty basic. The first thing you need to be is a goog old fashioned graphic illustrator/artist. It dosen't matter how good your software is, if your not a good illustrator then the results will always be rubbish.
    :eek:

It's like photography. You can spend thousands on the best camera and optics but if what your looking at isn't any good then neither will the photographs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

Just draw them, scan them into the computer, then colour them in Photoshop. Heck, even Gimp would work. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Funkytown

^thats a good way

if you want to do exactly the same thing then it seems from looking at those pics you want to do isometric pixel art, photoshop will do the job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement