Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Indian/Pakistani support staff.

• 21-08-2009 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

So go ahead and call me a racist but I am sick to death of emailing and phoning the support line of what are ostensibly UK companies and being met by someone that can barely speak English.

I tried to call <a well known online retailer> to figure out why in God’s name they were now requiring a bank account number to “validate” a perfectly good credit card. I don’t think so. No way in hell am I giving anyone my bank account number.

So anyway I end up speaking to B. Gangadhar Rao or some other such incomprehensible name and he can’t even understand the simplest of questions and can only respond that I should open an <a well known online retailer> account. Finally after repeating this response to me ten times he realized that I still wasn’t satisfied and said that I could update my “spanding sarces”. What in God’s name is a spanding sarce? I told him that I couldn’t understand him and could he please connect me to someone that spoke English. He reluctantly said he would connect me to a supervisor. While waiting for the supervisor I finally figured out he must have meant spending sources. In the end I gave up waiting for the supervisor. There was little point to it by then. It’s not like I would ever get any kind of satisfactory answer let alone be told how I could open a account without providing bank account information.

Look. I’m sure all of these folks are pleasant, hard working and intelligent. It’s just that they most certainly are not native English speakers and once outside of the litany of the ten most commonly asked questions they have absolutely no clue whatsoever.

Plus I’m sure in this recessionary times that there are English speaking people out there who could get the same work done almost as cheaply and it would be far more comprehensible.

So I’ve finally come to the conclusion that I will no longer stand for this kind of support. I will vote the only way that I can which is with my credit card!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Epic Issue

I feel for you tarbboyk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

He? She? WTF?

Oh, and by the way.... you're racist.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I'm locking this.

AH regulars can't handle a normal topic with out ripping each other to shreads and reporting the posts and complete threads. This would become a complete mess and fall towards the side of stormfront.

Not happening,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement