Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3/8" to 1/2" hose adaptor?

Options
  • 21-08-2009 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi all,

Apologies if Im in the wrong forum, seemed the best option to me. Just wondering if its possible to get an adaptor to run a 3/8" garden hose into a 1/2" garden hose. Im thinking I should be able to get a lad to go between them and secure it with a couple of jubilee clips?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

There's not a lot of difference between the two, about 3mm; I reckon a standard 1/2" hose connector will work, as follows:

Stick the end of the 3/8" hose in a jar of hot water to soften the plastic- this should allow you to manipulate the hose onto the spigot of a connector. Otherwise use the same technique and a piece of copper pipe and some jubilee clips, as you suggest yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Lego_Man

There's not a lot of difference between the two, about 3mm; I reckon a standard 1/2" hose connector will work, as follows:

Stick the end of the 3/8" hose in a jar of hot water to soften the plastic- this should allow you to manipulate the hose onto the spigot of a connector. Otherwise use the same technique and a piece of copper pipe and some jubilee clips, as you suggest yourself.

Good idea, worth a try. Cheers for the reply.

Advertisement