Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airport security delays DAA and unions deny all

• 21-08-2009 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

watch this
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0821/dublinairport.html

Almost 90 passengers missed their flights at Dublin airport this morning as a result of delays at airport security.

Aer Lingus said 35 of its passengers did not make their flights, while 50 Ryanair flyers missed theirs.

Ryanair said some passengers were waiting up to 45 minutes to pass through security.
    Advertisement

It has called on the airport authorities to investigate reports that security staff are operating on 'a work to rule' basis.

However, SIPTU said this evening that industrial action involving airport security in any shape or form had not been sanctioned by the union.

Tonight, the Dublin Airport Authority said airport security was working at full capacity today and added it was unaware of any industrial action.

A spokeswoman also said that some passengers were not leaving the necessary time for checking in.

and then read this
    http://www.herald.ie/national-news/airport-faces-chaos-as-staff-protest-over-cuts-1866378.html

daa and unioin unaware of any strife? how can they go on tv and lie like that

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

daa and unioin unaware of any strife? its been going on for months how can they go on tv and lie like that
    Are you confusing the security/search personnel with the Garda emigration section who have been on a 'work to rule' for a while?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

yup but its lie to say they were unaware of the strife from this lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Tonight, the Dublin Airport Authority said airport security was working at full capacity today

Yeah, the problem is that the capacity isn't enough... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 carlow_kid

I love how DAA put the blame on too many pax for the long security delays we are all witnessing at DUB these days - when I say 'we' I speak from personal experience.

Having said that, I do get a little annoyed at how slow many pax are at security screening in DUB. I think that, in addition to a lane for business pax they would do well having a frequent flyer lane.

Advertisement