Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daughter I gave up is 18 tomorrow - tough

Options
  • 21-08-2009 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

...like it says, the daughter I gave up for adoption is 18 tomorrow.

huge milestone for her - great celebration and happiness for her and her family. Me, I feel crap - or maybe just feeling sorry for myself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MaryMagdalene

Hey Big Hug - I cried my eyes out on my daughters 18th and 21st. I was so jealous thinking of how happy they prob all were and wondering did anyone even think of me. Yes I felt sorry for myself but hey I think I was entitled to.

Signing the papers didn't take away the feelings, the love; don't you dare feel that you have to apologise for those feelings.

I remember the bad days and they were hell.

Please God you will both be reunited and you can look back on this milestone as one more you survived.

Just always remember you are not alone.

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

MM, thank you so much for our kind words. You're right, signing papers doesnt stop the love or the hurt.

Each day is a milestone - but the big ones are the worse.

I dont have anyone really to talk about it, so I really appreciate you saying I'm not alone....this weekend will be tough but I will survive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

im sure at some point today she will be thinking of u too, look on the bright side now that shes 18 you can do a search for her.
    on all the big milestones of my life i would think of my birthmum and wish she could have been their...good luck kathy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It just proves you care:)
    Someday you might meet and get to catch up on all the missing years.

Advertisement