Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boys Noize, Deadmau5 playing UCD

Options
  • 21-08-2009 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

So Boys Noize is playing UCD on October 1st and Deadmau5 is playing October 16th :) I haven't even started UCD yet but already I can't wait for these two nights! They're both playing in the Academy too but I'm sure the UCD gigs will be far cheaper.

Is the student bar any good for gigs? Also does anyone know anything about tickets? I'm assuming they're only available to UCD students but is there a limit to how many I can buy? Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭arthistory

hmmm..yeah i was wondering about the student bar...can you bring your non-UCD friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I was going to buy Deadmau5 tickets for the Academy
    But now, NOW, I don't have to.
    A-waHEYYYYYY

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Score.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

omg......... :) I love ucd. I can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Mike Pat's doing very well getting Deadmou5!
    Fair play man!

Tickets will go fast. Bloody friday though for deadmouse!Some people have to go home and work!:mad:

• Advertisement

When would tickets go on sale?

Probably during freshers week maybe though could be the 7th onwards. Id get it fast for Deadmau5.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Probably during freshers week maybe though could be the 7th onwards. Id get it fast for Deadmau5.

I'll try and get both hopefully, that should be good craic, UCD is looking up!

Fad wrote: »
    UCD is looking up!

Do I sense some disappointment! UCD is a great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

I hope I'll get tickets either in Academy or UCD (Deadmau5) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is it a bad thing that I have never heard of either of these groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

They are both DJ's. And I swear, if I hear anyone calling Boys Noize "they" or Deadmau5 "dead maow five" I'll hit the fkin roof.

And you dont have to be in UCD to go to the gigs. You do need ID though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Won't be able to go Deadmau5 cos its a Friday, but Boys Noize on night before my 21st....sweet deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NU8

This post has been deleted.

Yes, at least you did last year but you'll always be able to find some helpful UCD students to sign you or your friends in.

Every campus accommodation now has gates on it and security at night if this new policy comes into affect. Oh the joys thank god I am out of there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

They are both DJ's. And I swear, if I hear anyone calling Boys Noize "they" or Deadmau5 "dead maow five" I'll hit the fkin roof.

I'm afraid I am a little out of touch with the latest youth crazes, how pray tell, do you pronounce the names of said DJ's? To be quite honest, the first week of UCD is commenced once Republic of Loose play.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

(Deadmau5 is Deadmouse)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

(Deadmau5 is Deadmouse)

And why in the name of God can they not just say that? Infuriating so it is, in twenty years time we'll all be speaking in 'text-speak' and acronyms, if of course we are not doing that already and I haven't kept up with it as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

El Siglo wrote: »
    And why in the name of God can they not just say that? Infuriating so it is, in twenty years time we'll all be speaking in 'text-speak' and acronyms, if of course we are not doing that already and I haven't kept up with it as such.
    Not a clue to be honest. I suppose "Deadmau5" looks a bit more interesting. Undoubtedly they are commonly referred to as Dead mau five and that's their own tough sh!t really for choosing such a name :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sudzy

El Siglo wrote: »

He got his name from writing on internet forums, and he was talkin about how there was a dead mouse in his house, and everybody started callin him deadmouse, so he changed his username but the username could only have eight characters: thus deadmau5 was born!!

goin to see him and boys noize toegether next fri on belfast, and def goin to the UCD gig!!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Not as far as I'm aware. I went to vitalic last year and had 3 non-ucd people with me and we didnt get asked at all. There were people in there who said they didnt know anyone from UCD either

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Any word of who's playing the Freshers ball this year and will it be on campus (as promised in nearly everyones election leaflet) or back in the Academy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Gingy wrote: »
    Any word of who's playing the Freshers ball this year and will it be on campus (as promised in nearly everyones election leaflet) or back in the Academy?
    I heard it's Tinchy Stryder in the Academy. :( I will not be attending!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Jello wrote: »
    I heard it's Tinchy Stryder in the Academy. :( I will not be attending!

I wont either. He's crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Excellent start to the year from Ents anyway, colour me a happy camper. Any idea of prices for either gig yet?

Most expensive gig last year was 10 euro for digitalism expect in and around the same for Deadmou5 and Boyz Noise

New Boys Noize album is rather good :).

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Seriously dont wanna go tinchy stryder, but wanna head out for the first ucd ball! Anyone got any ideas of an unofficial secondary location to go ta?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sudzy

Fad wrote: »
    New Boys Noize album is rather good :).

Have ya listened to the whole thing?

Advertisement