Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boys Noize, Deadmau5 playing UCD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

sudzy wrote: »
    Have ya listened to the whole thing?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sudzy

Fad wrote: »
    Yep.

Woo! Just downloading a promo copy now!! Going to see him tonight! Gonna be savage!!

sudzy wrote: »
    Woo! Just downloading a promo copy now!! Going to see him tonight! Gonna be savage!!

If anything, the digital watermark voiceovers add to the album :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Fad wrote: »
    New Boys Noize album is rather good :).
    Yeah it's amazing, and agreed about the watermarks, think they're quite funny - ''good stuff'' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

What are the best tunes on it? Kontact Me is the only proper good one I know.

• Advertisement

SRFC90 wrote: »
    What are the best tunes on it? Kontact Me is the only proper good one I know.
    Kontact Me, Jeffer, Nott, Starter, Transmission, Drummer and Heart Attack would be my favourites.

Where can I get the promo copy!?

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Where can I get the promo copy!?
    Just google ''boys noize power promo'' and you should find it easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Oh I'm so excited for these gigs! Wanted to go to Belfast to see them but have viewing of the scripts in the morn!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Daedmau5 is obviously playing tursday the 15th in UCD, cos he's at the Academy on the 16th. This makes for much better news, as I can go now. In one week that'll be: Porcupine Tree, Opeth/Dream Theater, Opeth, Daedmau5:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭johnl

They are both DJ's. And I swear, if I hear anyone calling Boys Noize "they" or Deadmau5 "dead maow five" I'll hit the fkin roof.

Look forward to that happening a lot. It IS, after all, UCD ;)
    Not quite as bad as "the Aphex Twins".

Mushy wrote: »
    Daedmau5 is obviously playing tursday the 15th in UCD, cos he's at the Academy on the 16th.

He's playing in Leeds on the 15th.. He has both the Academy and UCD gigs down as the 16th on his myspace, so I'm guessing he's playing an early show in UCD before the Academy (which suits me cos it means I can head into the Ed Banger night in the Button Factory after Deadmau5 :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Jello wrote: »
    So Boys Noize is playing UCD on October 1st and Deadmau5 is playing October 16th :) I haven't even started UCD yet but already I can't wait for these two nights! They're both playing in the Academy too but I'm sure the UCD gigs will be far cheaper.

Is the student bar any good for gigs? Also does anyone know anything about tickets? I'm assuming they're only available to UCD students but is there a limit to how many I can buy? Cheers.

Student bar is alrite for gigs. If u really want 2 see a good gig tho id reccommend going to see them in the Academy. Not saying it wont b good in UCD just better in the academy.

As for tickets you can buy them in the Student Union shops. As far as i remember there isnt a limit on tickets but they'll probably only let you buy 6 or so at a time.

They are both DJ's. And I swear, if I hear anyone calling Boys Noize "they" or Deadmau5 "dead maow five" I'll hit the fkin roof.

If you are actually in any way bothered by that, you've really missed the point of music in general.....

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Where can I get deadmau5 tickets? Will I have to get a UCD friend to pick them up?

Where can I get deadmau5 tickets? Will I have to get a UCD friend to pick them up?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 edd027

hes playing on the 16th in the academy so im sure thats not the date hes doing in ucd..does anyone know?

edd027 wrote: »
    hes playing on the 16th in the academy so im sure thats not the date hes doing in ucd..does anyone know?
    He's playing an early show in UCD before the Academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

tried to buy tickets today in su shop and the tent said they didnt have them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Tried to buy tickets TODAY in the shop and they didnt have them.

At the freshers tent last week, UCD Ents had a poster up saying "Deadmau5 tickets on sale!" so i asked and i was told they come out on Monday. So i got in for 8:45 (an hour before i had to) and thought there was an unusually large amount of people around for 8:45 on a Monday, so my predatorial instinct kicked in and i assumed they were all there to take Deadmau5 tickets away from me. Every group of people i passed i thought "Have they already taken 4 or 5 tickets?" Every person i passed with an ipod i thought "Are they listening to Deadmau5?!" I got to the SU shop and nobody else was in there, i asked about the tickets. The guy didnt know who they were and looked and said they were not in yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

What exactly is the story with the Deadmau5 tickets so? The ents facebook implied they were only being sold at the Felix gig last night but I seriously doubt they all sold out at that. No shops on campus seemed to have to them today, does anyone know if theyre gonna go on general release/for sale online at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Blut wrote: »
    What exactly is the story with the Deadmau5 tickets so? The ents facebook implied they were only being sold at the Felix gig last night but I seriously doubt they all sold out at that. No shops on campus seemed to have to them today, does anyone know if theyre gonna go on general release/for sale online at all?

Me and 5 mates have been trawling around campus hassling SU Shops and UCDEnts reps everywhere we go asking questions. Nobody knows.

I was first told Monday, September 21st, then i was told the only way to get to Deadmau5 was with the €40 festival ticket, then i was told the day of the Felix gig, then i was told only AT the Felix gig, today i was told only AT the Boyz Noize gig (which i am going to).

Really annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

I wanna go boys noize but im not a UCD student... whats the story with that? Do buses leave UCD and go into dublin CC after the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

The 10 bus goes in (provisionally, once knackers dont start messing it up again) Other than that, youll have to walk out of campus and down the dual carriage way for the 46a etc.

Gigs finish aroun 11.30 anyway, so if you hit the Nwhatever the **** it is, youll defo pick up a 46a or a 145.

With regards non ucd students getting in, went to vitalic last year and brought 3 non ucd ppl with me and nothing was said. Heard afterwards that you need to get a ucd student to sign you in, but not sure how true that is. Doubt it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Gigs finish aroun 11.30 anyway.

Depends if it's at late bar or not, 1.30 if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Yeah, tried the bar, no luck. The manager said the posters had been left up overnight accidently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

There are definitely tickets available, I saw a bunch of them the other night

All about the hype boys. All it's doing is gettin' more people on board! She'll be a sell-out I'm sure. ;)

• Advertisement

Tried again today, the bar is sold out and the student union shop below the libro hasnt gotten any in yet. Yet more confusion..wonderful!

Advertisement