Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boys Noize, Deadmau5 playing UCD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

The only way is to go down to the Ents office and ask there. I've always found that the shops know little or nothing about most events unless they actually have some tickets there at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I got the last 2 in the student bar. Friend of mine asked in the SU shop who didnt have any and in The Kiosk who said they will be on sale at Boys Noize.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Got on the guestlist for tomorrow night, can't wait now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deco1610

Jello wrote: »
    Got on the guestlist for tomorrow night, can't wait now! :)

Was that just by ringing up?

Hmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Anyone know if there are any of these left?

• Advertisement

deco1610 wrote: »
    Was that just by ringing up?

Hmm...
    Nope.

What a night, amazing set from Alex!

Yeah a seriously good night.

I was having the time of my life and then he played a version of The Streets' Blinded By The Lights, that just took it to a new level for me. Unreal.

Boys Noize killed it, roll on Deadmau5!

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I was having the time of my life and then he played a version of The Streets' Blinded By The Lights, that just took it to a new level for me. Unreal.

Yeah it's not a song you'd expect him to play but it went down an absolute treat!

If Deadmau5 is half as good as that night I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Got my tickets earlier today in the student center, bout time. Should be a good night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Jurphy1202

Does anyone know how I can get tickets to Deadmau5 in The Acadamy on the 16th?
    I'm not sure if they're sold out or not but I can't buy any on ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Jurphy1202 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I can get tickets to Deadmau5 in The Acadamy on the 16th?
    I'm not sure if they're sold out or not but I can't buy any on ticketmaster.

As far as I know it's sold out, which is a pity.

I'm all for dance music in the student bar, but a lot of the younger people at it just don't get the dance vibe at all. Moshing is not what dance is about, nor is falling around legless drunk.

Both of which are fun to do from time to time, just not at dance gigs.

mloc wrote: »
    As far as I know it's sold out, which is a pity.

I'm all for dance music in the student bar, but a lot of the younger people at it just don't get the dance vibe at all. Moshing is not what dance is about, nor is falling around legless drunk.

Both of which are fun to do from time to time, just not at dance gigs.

I have to say i agree. Some people dont know what to do, i was at Boys Noize and spent half of my time picking people up off the ground who were about to be trampled. If you ever see Tiesto or Markus Shultz' videos, you see packed arenas of tens of thousands of people, all packed in together but all having room to breathe, they dont Mosh, they go mental but they dont jump into other people.

Sometimes though, the bass takes over and what happens is out of our control. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

What's the story with the emphasis on electro music from ents? Felix da Housecat, Boys Noize and Deadmau5 are 3 fairly big names from the whole dance scene, but for other types of music the biggest Ents seem to get are the likes of Republic of Loose and the poxy Coronas. I'm not giving out, cos I do like some dance music but for someone who doesn't like it, it must be very frustrating for them going to gigs in belfield ( sure one of the first replies in this thread was who exactly were these djs). It's been the same for the past few years with the likes of Digitalism, Booka Shade and Justice playing, but what other big names (apart from dance artists) do Ents seem to book?

I think its because of the difficulty involved in securing top acts. Can hardly get Kings Of Leon, Taylor Swift or Kanye West to come to UCD student bar.

All these top DJ's are in Ireland for other concerts, and they clearly see the UCD Student bar as a nice little gig that wouldnt be too much to ask. eg. Deadmau5, do UCD untill 12 then onto The Academy, Boys Noize UCD Thursday then Academy on Friday.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I think its because of the difficulty involved in securing top acts. Can hardly get Kings Of Leon, Taylor Swift or Kanye West to come to UCD student bar.

All these top DJ's are in Ireland for other concerts, and they clearly see the UCD Student bar as a nice little gig that wouldnt be too much to ask. eg. Deadmau5, do UCD untill 12 then onto The Academy, Boys Noize UCD Thursday then Academy on Friday.

Exactly what Mikeyt said above.

In addition to this, most "pop" acts would cost considerably more than electronic acts, due to electronic acts still being quite a niche offering even though they have become more popular in the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Jev is right on the button; even though these guys are top of thier genre, they cost significantly less than "pop" acts at the top of their genre, often to a factor of 10 or even far more.

It is also the nature of dance acts that they play far more gigs and tour far more consistantly than many non-dance acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Dance acts are far more portable, meaning they dont need huge rigs on stage (Yes, Justice do use a massive rig, but it's mostly superfluous gear that they can do without) so a tiny student venue isnt going to be much of a problem.

Getting a Dance act means they might be able to turn a profit on one show and put the money into booking another show that could make a loss on the night but in the end not loose them any money. (They'll be a while getting the money back for Fatman Scoop though.......).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭captainscarlet

I bought 3 Deadmau5 tickets on the UCDents.com website this morning. Everything seems to have worked, now I just have to pick the tickets up from the Student Union. Didnt get much in the way of a receipt, just a card transaction confirmation.

Anyone else buy tickets from UCDents.com??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭advicewhore

They are both DJ's. And I swear, if I hear anyone calling Boys Noize "they" or Deadmau5 "dead maow five" I'll hit the fkin roof.

ditto...makes me so fkn angry :mad:

• Advertisement

I bought 3 Deadmau5 tickets on the UCDents.com website this morning. Everything seems to have worked, now I just have to pick the tickets up from the Student Union. Didnt get much in the way of a receipt, just a card transaction confirmation.

Anyone else buy tickets from UCDents.com??

last year bought tickets online for vitalic and they sent them out the week before... but for digitalism it was a complete joke, we just had to bring along the printed confirmation and hand it in the barricade gate for them to look at before they gave us tickets...and i had 2 seperate bookings and they weren't going to give me two tickets...went on for about an hour! complete joke so i'd call into ents office next week and get it sorted there!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lunapark

anyone heard of this 'rumour'? not trying to spread one mind you, but a mate of mine was sayin he's heard of a rumour that cause Deadmau5 is leavin at 12 to play the academy, he's gettin boys noize to fill in till late at the SU bar...

lunapark wrote: »
    anyone heard of this 'rumour'? not trying to spread one mind you, but a mate of mine was sayin he's heard of a rumour that cause Deadmau5 is leavin at 12 to play the academy, he's gettin boys noize to fill in till late at the SU bar...

Yep, completely true*

*may not be factually accurate

lunapark wrote: »

japanese popstars are playing after him. and he'll be leaving before 12 as hes supposedly startin at 11 in the academy...so he'll leave at 11 latest from ucd

I heard he was leavin at 12, then heading to academy for 1. And that Japanese Pop Stars are playing after him.

well it says hes in the academy at 11 but they usually dont come on til about 12...but he'd definitly play there before 1. the place closes at 2.30. people arent gonna pay near 30 euro to see him for 1.5 hours! he'll prob do half 9 to 11 in ucd or 10-1130!

He finishes in UCD at 11.30, on stage in Academy at 12.30

• Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭Alkers

Is the SU bar closing then or whats the story? Tickets say late bar but don't mention anyone playing after deadmau5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Jurphy1202

I bought tickets on the UCDents website yesterday. Will I be able to get in if I'm not a UCD student. I'm going with friends that are, will they be able to sign me in or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fishy21

i got tickets aswell, but i need to collect them. where do u collect them from? im also not a student is that alright?

Advertisement