Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boys Noize, Deadmau5 playing UCD

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Jurphy1202

fishy21 wrote: »
    i got tickets aswell, but i need to collect them. where do u collect them from? im also not a student is that alright?

It says to collect them at the Student Union office. My friend in UCD said he'd try and collect mine, but they're in my name so I don't know if he'll be able to get them. If not I'll try collect them myself on Friday when I'm up for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MR Love

Any tickets left??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MR Love

Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Been looking forward to this one for a bit now. Should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

is there still tickets available?? what time does the gig start??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Sold out AFAIK.

Doors are at 6, and Deadmau5 is not the last act on, Hystereo is. Bar closes at 12.30. Work it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

mloc wrote: »
    Sold out AFAIK.

Doors are at 6

What? Says 9 on the ticket?

EDIT: Did some research, doors are 6, the Mau5 is expected at 9.30.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Awesome stuff last night - good music, good lighting, good sound, good crowd...very good show from Ents! My only complaint is it was a shame it closed at 12:30 and not later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭Alkers

Good night alright. Thought it was pretty poorly advertised that he was on so early. Even the tickets said doors 9pm.

It was good though again I have to say, kids nowadays seem to have major difficulty telling a dance gig from a punk rock gig. The moshing (caused it seems by a core group of guys with no interest in the music) wrecked the buzz a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Amazing night, though way too packed!

Saw this on Deadmau5 twitter page:
    Dear ireland: CALM DOWN!!!! Lol .... I love you, I do! But ****! Think about safety guys! Lol... What a show.. ... Promoter oversold it.. Wayy too dangerous in there..

Also the support DJ was a bit of a joke - playing a Daft Punk remix by Deadmau5? Only for Deadmau5 to play it again later? A big no no. He also played a few songs twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I had a seriously seriously good night. Loved the set he played. Got up to the very front for the last 15mins and it was just unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Jello wrote: »
    Also the support DJ was a bit of a joke - playing a Daft Punk remix by Deadmau5? Only for Deadmau5 to play it again later? A big no no. He also played a few songs twice.

Which support Dj was this?

I was supposed to be doing a slot but couldn't make it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Jev/N wrote: »
    Which support Dj was this?

I was supposed to be doing a slot but couldn't make it! :(
    Don't know who he was actually, I couldn't see him because he was down low to the side of the stage and I wasn't at the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Well. A bit late to post but f*ck me what a night! never seen the place so packed. The whole night was brill. Well worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

His rant after his tripod gig last year was quite funny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Whatd he say after his Tripod gig last year?

Going from a bit of twitter stalking it looks like he might have had to end it early cuz of it being oversold, that kinda sucks.

Deadmau5: # Dear ireland: CALM DOWN!!!! Lol .... I love you, I do! But ****! Think about safety guys! Lol... What a show..3:52 PM Oct 16th from UberTwitter

Some guy: # @Deadmau5 you had to end it early?3:53 PM Oct 16th from twidroid in reply to Deadmau5

Deadmau5: @MandoFrmKdz yeah.. Promoter oversold it.. Wayy too dangerous in there.. You understand ya? :) plus I gotta run to academy for another show 3:56 PM Oct 16th from UberTwitter in reply to MandoFrmKdz

Can't really blame him, there was an inordinate amount of younger guys chanting "dead-mow-five" and moshing about dangerously. Would be suprised if they had heard anything about the guy before the gig, bar his flashing mau5 head.

To be honest, with the kind of mentality some people had in there, it's just a matter of time before someone gets badly hurt and we can say goodbye to student bar gigs for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Jurphy1202

mloc wrote: »
    Can't really blame him, there was an inordinate amount of younger guys chanting "dead-mow-five" and moshing about dangerously. Would be suprised if they had heard anything about the guy before the gig, bar his flashing mau5 head.

To be honest, with the kind of mentality some people had in there, it's just a matter of time before someone gets badly hurt and we can say goodbye to student bar gigs for a while.

Absolutely. Kids these days don't understand how to behave at gigs. It's like they think every act, no matter who it is or what genre of music they play, is Slipknot or Metallica or something. They ruin the buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 magra

Cant wait for next time!!! Id say everyone knew who he was hes suprisingly popular i no 15 year olds that listen to him now. Good crowd funny night

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

unreal night out.Kept gettin asked for e tho over n over again kept sendin people lookin for a guy wit a leather jacket n cowboy hat in the corner(fictional)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

Was an absolute cracker of a nite.. the Mau5 played a blinder as usual wat a nite :) very packed tho but still :) it was a very good nite i would have loved to go to the academy after dat and see him again to be honest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭The-Ry-Man06

http://www.universityobserver.ie/2009/10/27/overcrowding-concerns-at-deadmau5-concert/

Ye it was pretty hilarious what he said. I mean you should have seen Boys Noise! Now that was dangerous! typical feckin Canadian pussy! ( only joking i'm Canadian:D) I didnt think they overpacked Deadmau5 at all in comparison to most of the MCD gigs ive been to. Boys Noise on the other hand got a bit out of hand. It was worse than a prodigy gig! I lost both shoes due to the sheer size and movement of the crowd.
    But come on Its part of the experience and its not like you have to sit in a mosh pit there is ample space and seating around. I understand people disliking the atmosphere at deadmau5 though as much of his stuff is quite minimal and melodic while the crowd were chanting and just waiting for the big kick ins.
    An altogether brilliant gig if what short he also performed much better than he did at Oxygen which was really mediocre set. I thought the crowd/ atmosphere was much better than that at either of felix or boys noise. Only wish he had played more from 'for lack of a better name'. Still wouldnt have missed it for the world!

BTW: Popanese Japstars playing Student Bar Thursday for 5e should not be missed!

Advertisement