Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I feel terrible about this

• 21-08-2009 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

I like to go to the maternity ward and swap the babies in the incubators around. I just love the idea of irrevocably altering the entire life of a human being. Feels good man.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

And the award for Gary Glitter Wannabe of the Year goes to...

Paganlass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I facepalmed IRL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Sweet

I.B.T.L....................ole!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Well I'd do ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I like to go to the maternity ward and swap the babies in the incubators around. I just love the idea of irrevocably altering the entire life of a human being. Feels good man.

i seen that in a film, where the chief of police wouldnt do what the mob wanted so they went into the hospital and swapped all the babies around... and left them with a jew baby.

I think it was Once upon a time in america.

i lol'd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

You should run for minister of health.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭pagancornflake

FunkZ wrote: »
    And the award for Gary Glitter Wannabe of the Year goes to...

Paganlass!

He shags kids, I swap them at birth.

Together we are like batman and robin, except there are no villans. Just us ruining peoples lives.

lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Omen to you.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i bet ur mother wishes some1 swapped you at birth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

OP, I don't think you actually feel terrible about this.

reported for misleading thread title

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Did you ever mix up two pairs of identical twins?

I.B.T.L, Same thing happened to you O.P, Your real father is Charles Manson.

You should run for minister of health.

Nah, I'm happy with the way things are going right now. Thanks to me, no-one knows that Mary Harney is Rosie O'Donnells sister. Shame for the latter, maybe nepotism would have helped her career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

mink_man wrote: »

Are you sure this was not the case ...I heard from psychologists that events from childbirth and childhood largely determine our personality...in this case I think it would be an accurate assertion.

I think he's venting his frustration.............maybe because Gary Glitter rejected his love??...perhaps?

mink_man wrote: »

I bet your mother hasnt told you that I am your real father. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

Thread title contradicts this.

Will someone please find a giant padlock for this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Ermmmm....

procure11 wrote: »
    Are you sure this was not the case ...I heard from psychologists that events from childbirth and childhood largely determine our personality...in this case I think it would be an accurate assertion.

Well I heard from psychologists (and from studying it), that peronality traits are largely determined genetically (mono and dyozygotic twin studies). You fail at psychoanalysis

lrn2psychology

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Ahhh.......So that explains why my whole family is black and my afro is pathetic compared to theirs................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I have a baby on the way and im not lettin it out of my sight when its born now. Iv a feeling if your ever caught you'll be going from maternity ward to intensive care unit:) :P

benwavner wrote: »
    I think he's venting his frustration.............maybe because Gary Glitter rejected his love??...perhaps?

In that case, why would I swap them around instead of emulating what he does to them? And whats with the Gary Glitter comments? Sure, I havent been raped by Gary Glitter, are you trying to show off the fact that you have? I'm trying to discuss a serious topic here and you are ruining it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Dean09 wrote: »
    Ahhh.......So that explains why my whole family is black and my afro is pathetic compared to theirs................

http://7.media.tumblr.com/68MT5QIsoqidejp8FxuHhhGTo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Dusty87 wrote: »
    I have a baby on the way and im not lettin it out of my sight when its born now.

My mom was the same - I was by her side until she left hospital :D.

Congratulations o/

Tomebagel wrote: »
    Thread title contradicts this.

Nope. It feels good for me to swap around the babies, and I feel bad about this aspect of my behavior.

lrn2pedant

Will someone please find a giant padlock for this thread

Whyever would someone do that? I'm looking for help and you are just making a mockery of it.

In that case, why would I swap them around instead of emulating what he does to them? And whats with the Gary Glitter comments? Sure, I havent been raped by Gary Glitter, are you trying to show off the fact that you have? I'm trying to discuss a serious topic here and you are ruining it.

Oooooohhh touchy touchy!! a "serious" topic about you swapping kids!! pfft........

.....:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Dean09 wrote: »

Just keep adding mousse and back combing it when it dries and youll get there dude. Best of luck

• Advertisement

Whyever would someone do that? I'm looking for help and you are just making a mockery of it.

Help on the t'internet...............maybe sympathy in PI....post there if you are "serious".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Which hospital do you do this in?

A lot of the hospitals now have a policy of "rooming in" where all babies are placed with their mothers for their entire hospital stay... even if you were switching the babies around you'd want to be switching security tags also as all babies now wear tags that if they leave main part of hospital an alarm sounds.

I mean, even after my emergency caesarean section under general anesthetic my baby was placed with my for my entire hospital stay...

Oooooohhh touchy touchy!! a "serious" topic about you swapping kids!! pfft........

.....:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Oh, so you dont consider ones compulsion to ruin peoples lives in such a manner serious? You sir, disgust even I.

Well I heard from psychologists (and from studying it), that peronality traits are largely determined genetically (mono and dyozygotic twin studies). You fail at psychoanalysis

lrn2psychology
    Save your psychoanalysis for your psycho assignments and classes...if you are really attending classes and good at what you are studying...your wouldn't have put up this post in the first place.

Which hospital do you do this in?

A lot of the hospitals now have a policy of "rooming in" where all babies are placed with their mothers for their entire hospital stay... even if you were switching the babies around you'd want to be switching security tags also as all babies now wear tags that if they leave main part of hospital an alarm sounds.

I mean, even after my emergency caesarean section under general anesthetic my baby was placed with my for my entire hospital stay...

Hospitals in third world countries

Save your psychoanalysis for your psycho assignments and classes...if you are really attending classes and good at what are studying...your wouldn't have put up this post in the first place.

>and good at what are studying

>your would'nt have to put up this post in the first place

Do you study linguistics by any chance? YOUR GOOD AT WHAT ARE STUDYING

• Advertisement

Hospitals in third world countries

Fail!!
    People like you deliberately put up posts like this to increase your amount of thanks because you think its funny....even AH can be sensible sometimes...try harder next time.:D

P.S And for someone hoping to be a psychologist...not particularly very clever

Oh, so you dont consider ones compulsion to ruin peoples lives in such a manner serious? You sir, disgust even I.

Ha, <insert appropriate americanism>

Help on the t'internet...............maybe sympathy in PI....post there if you are "serious".

Im not paying for that, why do you presume that I do? I find that offensive.

Im not paying for that, why do you presume that I do? I find that offensive.

ooohhhh you are well educated arent you!...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Yeah, same thing happened to Mrs Whosbetter? a few years back.

I was really surprised by that!

• Advertisement

Fail!!
    People like you deliberately put up posts like this to increase your amount of thanks because you think its funny....even AH can be sensible sometimes...try harder next time.:D

Way to project, I had no idea that there were people who valued thanks so much (a strange accusation from the guy who has 3 times the posts I have). For someone so critical of my knowledge of psych and the requisite intelligence involved, you really do fall victim to such easily identifiable projections :D...try harder next time:D

>and good at what are studying

>your would'nt have to put up this post in the first place

Do you study linguistics by any chance? YOUR GOOD AT WHAT ARE STUDYING

I have since edited it...it is a not a thesis submission ...get over it....but you can't edit how pathetic your post is?

ooohhhh you are well educated arent you!...........

oooooh education has nothing to do with what we are talking about!..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Statistically you aren't actually changing anything....

I have since edited it...it is a not a thesis submission ...get over it....but you can't edit how pathetic your post is?

I have no desire to, since whether or not it is indeed pathetic is a point of contention and considering the fact that you are in this thread attacking a fellow who is just looking for help, I must argue that you are at least as pathetic as I am :(

Statistically you aren't actually changing anything....

lolwut?

oooooh education has nothing to do with what we are talking about!..........

Brutal topic...............and your replies are even worse!

I think its your bedtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I feel terrible about this OP.
    NOT.

Banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement