Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does CIT offer WIFI?

• 21-08-2009 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey,

Might be starting college in next month and am just wondering if anybody knows if CIT offers wireless internet on campus?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yes.

You must register your device online but doesn't take a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Yes.

You must register your device online but doesn't take a second.

wasn't there some guest account to get around that? this registering devices business seems way too invasive for my liking. they have been looking for years for a reason to expel me

/changes MAC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

Dankoozy wrote: »
    wasn't there some guest account to get around that? this registering devices business seems way too invasive for my liking. they have been looking for years for a reason to expel me

/changes MAC

Some how I dont think the head of IT Services is sitting at home at the moment pondering ways to get you expelled! Its a college network and whether you are on it or a corporate network elsewhere you have to register you computer to use it. If you dont like those terms you dont have to use the free wifi but I would do the same if it was my network.

I dont think there are any guest accounts active at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

Instructions on Wifi etc are available from http://its.cit.ie (IT Services website)

Advertisement