Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenomena?!?!

Options
  • 21-08-2009 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey guys. Just wondering if any first year students have got a place in the glenomena residences?
    I have recently booked a room and although i originaly planned to reside in one of the first years residences glenomena was the only one available.
    so any one else? =]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

How did you swing that exactly???:eek::confused:
    Its not for first years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 zeruda

really?? well i called the accommodation office and i was told first years are being allowed into glenomena... :confused:

That is very strange.:confused: Its usually for final years and post-grads. There wont be many first years in it anyway I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JoeyH

Im a mature student starting first year and I was in the first year category and glenomena was available to me. They got booked up but I got changed to the mature student category and booked a room there. So you wont be the only 1st year there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 zeruda

okay thats a relief! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Normally Glenomena is reserved for postgrads and final years, but there's been a mass exodous of postgrads due to the fact that there's a huge clampdown on having people over. So UCD are probably just trying to fill all apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

It's a bit crap that we're paying good money to stay there and can't have people over.

No doubt ways around this will be sought

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I guess they would argue lots of people are paying good money for somewhere quiet to sleep and study.

Oh yeah I wanna sleep and study too ... I'm not talking about mad house parties here, I mean just having some_one_ over. That shouldn't be a mortal sin, surely.

People are allowed over during the day and I think till 11 at night or something along those lines for the accommodation this year. They are trying to clamp down on those kipping there for the night.

• Advertisement

Exactly! Its a joke. Whats going to happen if you pull when your out and want to take them back with you for the night? I guess if your flat mates dont mind you having "someone" over you'll be ok. Just dont be too noisy. ;) :P

JoeyH wrote: »
    Exactly! Its a joke. Whats going to happen if you pull when your out and want to take them back with you for the night? I guess if your flat mates dont mind you having "someone" over you'll be ok. Just dont be too noisy. ;) :P

Thats if you get by the proposed security!:cool:
    I doubt the lassy Id be up for climbing fences at that hour. Though it is possible:p:rolleyes:

I'll find a way :P

But if they c*ck block me it will be WAR!!!! :P

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    People are allowed over during the day and I think till 11 at night or something along those lines for the accommodation this year. They are trying to clamp down on those kipping there for the night.
    Ah now that makes a lot of sense!

I'll find a way :P

But if they c*ck block me it will be WAR!!!! :P

Goodluck with that the security are pri*ks. You will come to realise that after the first 3/4 weeks.

Yeah I no but so can I :P

Heard their w*nkers and read about them being pervy towards the girls too.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭randypriest

Is there security at the gates past 11 checking to see if you live there and will refuse entry to the grounds if you dont?:eek:

I think they introduced it last year but there was uproar so the SU had it stopped.

There does be patrol jeeps going around though.

I think they introduced it last year but there was uproar so the SU had it stopped.

There does be patrol jeeps going around though.

No they didnt introduce it last year. It was postponed till the gates were full completed and is suppose to be implemented this coming semester unfortunatly.

Oh... Thought I read that in the observer. My mistake.

Seems like we'l be living in an open prison rather than college.

I know they got to keep the place secure but its a bit extreme ain't it?

• Advertisement

I know they got to keep the place secure but its a bit extreme ain't it?

To say the least but obviously its of some benefit to the college authorities!

Advertisement