Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson Owners with Track ID?

• 21-08-2009 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

Just been reading online that all Sony Ericsson phones with Track ID can add a VKP Patch that turns Track ID into FM Radio Recording .. anyone know anything about this?

I pursume Track ID is limited to 10 secs or something and this just lets you use it for as long as you wish?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

but the recording isnt saved to your phone for use after using track id? does the patch change that?

dont know why you'd want to record FM radio, but interesting nevertheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    but the recording isnt saved to your phone for use after using track id? does the patch change that?

dont know why you'd want to record FM radio, but interesting nevertheless.

Well, some of the Sony forums state that there is a patch that allows any Sony phone with Track ID to then have Record options in the Radio.

If it's a high end SE phone with a good FM radio then you could record tracks that come on, use them as ringtones etc

Just reading today that the patch tends to record in poor quality and stores the file as amr so won't be going this route now.

Found out that best SE phone that has the FM Recording function is the W205 .. this saves to MP3 in decent quality.

Thanks for the reply though. Looks like it's the Samsung Jet for me now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

why dont you just download or copy music from a cd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    why dont you just download or copy music from a cd?

I do, although this is illegal ya know ;)

It's not for songs really although I do record the odd track that I hear and play it a few times on the way home or something.

I use it for radio clips .. send podcasts to mates via email. For instance if you hear a lunatic on Joe Duffy it can be handy to record it .. :D

Advertisement