Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDip in Finance

• 21-08-2009 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi

I am about to start this course in Sept. My question is, if I were to choose all the Accounting modules as my options would I be eligible to apply for the MA in Accounting in NUIM?

The Department say that in order to register for the MA I have to be exempt from CAP 1 and that this is done based on what modules I have done for my undergraduate and not the Higher Diploma. The problem is that I did Software Engineering for my undergraduate and have had no Accounting since the Leaving (going for a career change)

I notice that on the ACCA website it lists that the Hdip course is exempt from F1-F3.

I'd be grateful of any help on this matter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Unless there's Financial Accounting, Mgmt Accounting, Taxation and Law on the H.Dip I don't think you'll get the exemptions. You'd be better of doing a pda (post grad diploma accountancy) in either DCU or DIT. They're the only two to offer the course in Dublin afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

im doing hdip finance in september as well. your better off emailing one of the accountancy bodies and asking them. h.dips have got to be available for exemptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tuborg

Unless there's Financial Accounting, Mgmt Accounting, Taxation and Law on the H.Dip I don't think you'll get the exemptions. You'd be better of doing a pda (post grad diploma accountancy) in either DCU or DIT. They're the only two to offer the course in Dublin afaik.

Here are the Accounting modules on offer for the course
    Financial Accounting III
    Taxation
    Management Accounting
    Financial Accounting IV
    Advanced Financial Accounting

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

need a basic first year business law module. ask the finance department if you can take the undergrad law module or you could register with an accountancy body and complete the law module before september next year to cover yourself. you can register with ACCA before the end of august and do the law module there and that exam can be used to show exemptions for any of the other ones like ICAI.

Advertisement