Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say it ain't so......

• 21-08-2009 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭

Is Caulfields shut down?

Or should I learn to see things with my own eyes and not liszten to rumors?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

What?? Where did you hear this from? It can't be true. :eek:

Where will I go for my casual wine and scampi fries now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Couple of friends in Maynooth at the moment.

I really hope its not true and its merely a gross misunderstanding!

BANQUO! Where are you? I need you! ;_;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

This just must not be true.

Now, I'm am quite drunk [oh, quite...] but I do remember hearing saomethni about there being a water burst or somethnig? Like a pipe? And then there was repairs ort soething but I don't really nkow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I was in there on Tuesday(I think). It was definitely open before I started drinking...

banquo wrote: »
    This just must not be true.

Now, I'm am quite drunk [oh, quite...] but I do remember hearing saomethni about there being a water burst or somethnig? Like a pipe? And then there was repairs ort soething but I don't really nkow.

This sounds amazingly promising! And drunken! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Caulfields was closed on Thursday "due to a burst mains pipe". It was back open
    last night. I've a fair idea actually why it was closed, you'll find out soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Spill the beans!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Aww my lovely old Caulfields, it can't close down!

Yeah tell us please thee glitz!:D

Awww come on, you can't leave us hanging like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Living at the back of caulfields at the mo....

I isn't closed down properly but they had a massive water leak and are trying to clear up, should be fine in the next couple of weeks!

• Advertisement

Do they sell alkaseltzer?

More coherently, I've heard that they have some semi-serious maintenance work to do but are still for the most part a fully functional pub.

Roll on Rock n' Roll nights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I've never made it to one of those nights!

banquo wrote: »
    Roll on Rock n' Roll nights!

Those nights are savage. Yer man who's on the piano is a friend of a friend. Such a legend. It's his brother who sings, awesome voice.

The legends that are the Garvey brothers! Played drums with them one of those nights, twas an experience. Had a free bar which I didn't really take advantage of....

The legends that are the Garvey brothers! Played drums with them one of those nights, twas an experience. Had a free bar which I didn't really take advantage of....

Joe on the piano, what's his brothers name? They must've had troubles with their drummer cause my friend had to fill in for him a few nights too.

Free bar?! Awesome.

James, such a funny man.

Their drummer has other commitments that he said would be a priority. TBH the band is really just a bit of craic for them all. I think it really works well for them!

Unfortunately the free bar means nothing to me :( ...I promised myself I'd never drink and play an instrument after an unfortunate incident involving the piano in Caulfields... My hands just kept moving even though my head was screaming "what are ye doing you idiots! They're clearly the wrong notes!!" :o

Yeah they get a real kick out of it and it's so enjoyable to watch and listen to. We'd go there before heading out. Have a few quiet drinks and chat and then go to Roost for a dance. Such a nice change to the regular music that's played everywhere else. I hope they keep it up this year... unless, is James finished now? I think Joe has a year left.
    My hands just kept moving even though my head was screaming "what are ye doing you idiots! They're clearly the wrong notes!!" :o

I have the same problem with my feet when I dance flail.

No, the two of them are going into third year, so happy days! :)

As far as I know, James is keeping it up as long as he can .

James is the greatest legend ever to grace south campus. This, like his abilities as a performer, is indisputable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

mother of jesus, i love caulfields, its the only place left in maynooth thats place proper live music (sept the SU) and isnt a bar for children!

Its the only place i can go that I dont feel compleetly old in. Its sad, coz none of the people i live with ever want to go there, aparently they dont like the music, theres no dancefloor and people dont dress up enough. But thats why I love it. I still maintain that they smoking area is better then mantra.

oh, to have some sherry again in caulfirdls.

• Advertisement
Advertisement