Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one more signing is needed.. well at least one

Options
  • 22-08-2009 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

okay chaps, with Gomes out for at least 2 months we need a keeper as Carlo was brutal last season when he came in and is nowhere near the keeper he was say 3 seasons ago. the talk of course is david james, but i personally think hes as reckless as gomes and having one loony is just about manageable when it comes to keepers.
    So who do we suggest? Gordon at sunder land, although a bit expensive. jaskalinen (?), weren't we chasing that english bloke off of Derby some stage last year? maybe even dean keily as a stop gap, plenty of experience but prob past his best at this stage.... either way i reckon we need someone in as we are a Stephen hunt like challenge away from sticking the hudd on the goal line and getting his frame in the way of everything..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Yep Hope we sign a decent keeper, never mind as cover I'm still not convinced by Gomez anyway think he is a liability. Would love Schwartzer but probably no chance of that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

cudicini was poor when he got n last season but how long has it been since he got a rn in a first team? i think he was a class keeper and believe he still is good! hope i am proved right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

keane=cock wrote: »
    cudicini was poor when he got n last season but how long has it been since he got a rn in a first team? i think he was a class keeper and believe he still is good! hope i am proved right
    Yep, hopefully cudicini will do ok. from what i've seen he tends to stay on his line for crosses & high balls, letting the cbs deal, which is a lot different to gomes, so a lot more work for leds & co

Advertisement