Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Suggestions (Sony/Samsung Preferably)

• 22-08-2009 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,421 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Thinking about an upgrade to a 37-40'' TV. Want full HD, with good brightness and contrast ratio (a failing of my current LCD).

Looking to spend around 550-600 so probably rules out a Sony but if anyone can recommend any then please do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

noodler wrote: »
    Hey all,

Thinking about an upgrade to a 37-40'' TV. Want full HD, with good brightness and contrast ratio (a failing of my current LCD).

Looking to spend around 550-600 so probably rules out a Sony but if anyone can recommend any then please do.

picked this up last month http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13
    very happy with it so..excellent for gaming and good connections..wall mount with that too

• Registered Users Posts: 26,421 ✭✭✭✭noodler

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    picked this up last month http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13
    very happy with it so..excellent for gaming and good connections..wall mount with that too

Did you get it for cheaper? I heard there was a deal on a while ago.

Also, can't find any info on the contrast ratio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

noodler wrote: »
    Did you get it for cheaper? I heard there was a deal on a while ago.

Also, can't find any info on the contrast ratio?

For the 2009 range, samsung seem to have given up quoting contrast ratios for its sets. Even the most basic sets(see this review for example) seem to have very good contrast though, so i imagine it would also be pretty good on that one

Afaik, there was a deal on that one alright, a few weeks back, 550€ maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,421 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is there a reason no one ever reccommends plasmas?

Advertisement