Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce Yourself 09/10 ?

Options

Comments

Lawliet wrote: »
    What! You mean actually working towards our leaving cert instead of just talking about it? Are you mad woman?

It's a crazy idea I know!

Has anyone else seen the new maths tables? They are a god send, they have every formula for physics and as far as I'm aware every maths formula too.

The days of learning off formulas are over!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

HUZZAH! I hate learning off forumlae!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Is it true they have formulae for economics too?!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

That's what I've heard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 countcraicula

li-evo7 wrote: »
    Hey im 20 and im repeating!I feel sooo old!

Hey, I'm 20 too and I'll be 22 soon after I sit the Leaving Cert in 2011. Don't feel so vexed - we're all in this together!! Fortunately for me I can still pretend to be an innocent 16 year old and no one ever gives a second thought :rolleyes:

Anyway, you can all refer to me with my user-name as I don't feel like revealing anything that might give away my identity! Lol, I know I'm a little too paranoid :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Im repeating in The Education Centre, 19 in October. Sup fellow LC'ers??

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Greetings, I'm Alex. I'm 16, in sixth year and want to do Theoretical Physics in Maynooth. If I can improve my maths from an F to a B1.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

scrambled egg here, prefer fried eggs tbh, giving this leaving cert thing a go this year. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Heya guys, I'm Slugs. 18 year old LCer... Not looking forward to the year ahead.

By the way, just wondering is it the norm to post essays on here to get them reviewed by others. Was hoping to do that but didn't wanna be the only one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Couple of people did towards the end of last year! :)

• Advertisement

Not too bad so. Won't be the only one. Wanna do well in history and english ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Slugs wrote: »
    Heya guys, I'm Slugs. 18 year old LCer... Not looking forward to the year ahead.

By the way, just wondering is it the norm to post essays on here to get them reviewed by others. Was hoping to do that but didn't wanna be the only one :P
    I'm sure you could, and many were doing that last year, for history and english mainly. Plus alot of people love criticizing/correcting:p

Gives em something to do I suppose :P. I find a good way to pick up points is to read other people's work. Not taking it word for word of course (lest a teacher stalk boards :P) but picking up pointers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Hey, hope you dont mind me postin here!
    Well just looking for tips on how best to study biology?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Hey, hope you dont mind me postin here!
    Well just looking for tips on how best to study biology?

Make a list of Definitions, learn them off by heart.

Make notes on all the experiments, learn them too!

Both are serious sources of marks.

Fad wrote: »
    Make a list of Definitions, learn them off by heart.

Make notes on all the experiments, learn them too!

Both are serious sources of marks.
    Thanks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

I'm Darren.

16 - Final Year - Didn't do TY :D

Should be posting frequently enough coming closer to the exams/mocks/etc.

Good luck to all the other '10ers. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pinkfoot

oh god, first week has been HORRIBLE.

is anybody else getting A TON of english and math? i'm seriously considering dropping to pass maths cos it's taking up so much time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Hiii, I'm bythewoods.
    I did my Leaving in 2008 and again in 2009, and I'm now about to start studying Medicine in Trinity.

I've been either lurking or posting on this forum since 5th Year, so I can't bring myself to not check it.
    Looks like I'll be stickin' around a wee bit. Lucky ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Hello All,

Im a Irish teacher, on this section the last 2 years or so....any questions dont hesitate to ask be is exams or life after exams (uni/work)

I teach Irish, Chemistry, Biology and Maths all hons and pass..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Hey,I'm Keri :)
    I think I've already introduced myself,but I got accepted into a Repeat Programme today,so just to solidify that...
    I did my Leaving this year,didn't get my course,so now I'm repeating! I'm doing English,Irish,French,chemistry,physics and economics this year,and dropping maths. Should be fun! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

im 20 doing the leaving for the first time went back to fifth year in feb last year am doing 5 hons 3 pass & l.c.v.p some one help me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Hi, bit late to be introducing myself but doing the leaving this year and hope I can count on boards to help me through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 cweeva

twentytenner!!! whoooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

doing leaving cert 2010 !
    great :):mad: !

when is the timetable out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 cweeva

theowen wrote: »
    Medicine:D

fellow medicine hopeful here!!:D
    I've a feeling i'll have my work cut out for me this year:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

Hello
    I'm BDR, doing the lc in 2010. No idea what I want to do after, go to Trinity hopefully, if not then UCD.

I'm a girl btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i sill don't know what to do.i was thinking of doing neuroscience and i dont noe why i decided on it

I'm not that sure either what i wanna do, i have a feeling my CAO is going to look a bit mad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

*giggles* here. In Leaving Cert and I'm just about to send my Home Ec. journal away to be corrected. Good riddance I say.
    Mid-term tests next week which we should "take very seriously":p Whatev. DIT anyone?

Advertisement