Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Bmx

Options
  • 22-08-2009 1:10am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking to start riding bmx as I have alot of free time and always liked it, but looking for a bike is the next prob. Suppliers seem to be lacking in the country so I cant even try out a bike, just wondering what you would recommend for a serious beginner? Need it to be a good strong bike thats not too expensive.

I've seen a few mongoose's on adverts and they seem to be popular enough and any links to shops that deliver to ireland from england etc. much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

If you want good advice and decently priced bikes with good spec, the best place I'd recommend is a shop in Greystones. They do shipping too. Their website is www.theboardroom.ie

I'd personally avoid mongoose and most things on adverts. They will tend to be mass produced, badly made bikes for the most part. PM me if you want any more info on riding BMX. I've been riding BMX for 10 years now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

what company would you recommend? Wethepeople? Hoffman Bikes?

Id' probably rate WeThePeople bikes slightly over Hoffman for starter bikes. FIT bikes do good entry level bikes and I think UNITED do good entry level bikes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Thanks man! I'll look into them, I think tho I mite get a wethepeople bike.

Another thing I noticed is that alot of them only have rear brakes, and I plan on doing flat freestyle where Im only gonna be using the front brakes which alot dont have.
    I suppose they have the fitments to throw on front brakes?

In the pics they all only have ear brakes but they are all sold with 2 brakes I assure you. They'll put the opther brake on before they give it to you, so don't worry about not having a front brake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

we got 2 lovely subrosa in recently and of course the new wethepeople 2010 range will be with us asap

Subrosa%20Salvador%20Street.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That one.^^^^
    Haven't seen one before, got any specs on them?
    I'm getting closer and closer to buying a BMX.
    I really don't have the money for this! ahaha:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 theshiels

as pete said, check out the boardroom.
    the guys who own it both ride bmx actively and know their stuff.
    they have bikes from verde, wethepeople and fit.
    i ride a we the people and have had a lot of their parts, they've been great. a lot of the younger riders in dublin have started out on we the people bikes and they seem really happy with them. the nice thing about the boardroom is that you can rely on them for backup service too and if you take the trip to the shop i think you'll be pretty impressed.. they're the we the people distro in Ireland, they do loads of other brands too. well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Groe

i see the OP said he wanted to do flatland. if they would like to do that type of riding then they will be looking foir a different type of bike. so far the bikes that have been mentioned are street/dirt/park bikes not flatland.

Advertisement