Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT211 computing

Options
  • 22-08-2009 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Ive yet to see anyone applying for this course and i accepted it because i was to cocky on my first pref... didnt think it would go up by 45points :(

Well if anyone is doing they're first year of it let me know :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 xxasdasdxx

Hi mikey! I need to choose between Computing and Computer Science. Man I can't decide which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I might be going back to college and taking this course...might see you there i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭MikeyCyrus

awesome! and does anyone know when the induction day/week thing is, im well confused bout this whole thing to be honest... nice to meet you guys too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

I got a letter saying the induction day is on the 8th..registration on the 14th..term starts on the 21st..got it a while back!im in cathal brugha street though but i presume its all the same!?

i havn't gotten anything :/ but i did only accept recently, well ill keep ya informed if i get a letter or anything :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

ye i deferred my place for the year so thats why i got my letter before the offers!

ahh I see, so is anyone else doing computing then? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 g1rl

I think i'm repeating First year, so i'll be with you guys most likely.
    The course is class, i absolutely love it.
    You just have to put the effort in, which i didn't last year.
    You get to build a PC in first year too which is the most fun ever.
    I don't need to repeat that module,
    but if i'm repeating the year i'm going to do it again cause it's so fun :]
    Haha.

You're timetable is here: http://webtimetables.dit.ie/TTSuiteRBLIVE/
    User Name: Student Science
    Password: Science
    You'll get a hard copy on your registration day anyway though.
    And here's the Academic Calendar: http://www.dit.ie/services/academic/calendar/
    You's will be in on some day during the week of the 14th.
    Depending on the day they're registering DT211.

Hope that helps :]

Thanks for the link, it's goin to be really weird goin back to college! Well at least i know now that i can't just sit back and do nothing all year. I've failed first year in ucd before so that ain't gonna happen this time. See yee there i suppose.

Im glad someone confirmed that its good :) i wouldnt want a course i'd drop out of... i hope to meet some cool people and party with 2, any tips on gettin into the social aspect of college quick?

• Advertisement

MikeyCyrus wrote: »
    Im glad someone confirmed that its good :) i wouldnt want a course i'd drop out of... i hope to meet some cool people and party with 2, any tips on gettin into the social aspect of college quick?

Drink a lot?:pac:

Oh and societies and the likes are good too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 g1rl

Drink a lot?:pac:

Oh and societies and the likes are good too!

Ah yeah, but more so the drinking.
    Hahaha.

wow I also accepted this course. I hope I would enjoy this course and have good friends.

think ill join everything :L i want to make the most of my college days :) any recommended socs and sport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mad Michael 09

haha well u have just met the party animal haha welcome to computing in first year sounds class :D:D

im quite a party animal myslf :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mick gavin

sure den were gna have fun.. are u gna go into college everyday

ahh depends how good it is :L and if it affects the amount of money i get in the grant :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mad Michael 09

wednesday looks like a long day

guys can I ask a question? When will we pay the fees? On the registration day? 16th is it? You know the bank giro paper states that payment must reach their bank by Sept 15. I am confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

xxasdasdxx wrote: »
    guys can I ask a question? When will we pay the fees? On the registration day? 16th is it? You know the bank giro paper states that payment must reach their bank by Sept 15. I am confused.

i've seen on my bank giro that they've given me till the 16th to pay , i'm going into 3rd year and i find it a hassle paying by giro , i'm paying by laser this year , but if you do that make sure you save the conformation e-mail they send you , because you will need to prove to the people in the office that you paid before they hand over your ID card ,

For your first few months expect the pace of work to be really slow, but after Christmas they really pile on the work with assignments, so be prepared.

Oh and a word of advice , KEEP up with your programming practicals(you may think that missing one isn't a big deal but everything you learn is going to come up in the either the final exam or the final assignment) because before you know it your being told to make a pretty large program for an assignment thats worth around 20% for the final mark

do we have to register online or anything? coz i heard a few people saying it, do 1st years have to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ronchers09

MikeyCyrus wrote: »
    do we have to register online or anything? coz i heard a few people saying it, do 1st years have to?

haha mikey u sap..bonding wit yur college buddies:p

Ronchers09 wrote: »
    haha mikey u sap..bonding wit yur college buddies:p

:confused: whos this dude?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Contracepticon

How yee, I'm in for this course too and jus wondering can anyone tell me if a review week is jus basically a week off or what???

review week? emm if thats like the first week its just basically lectures im guessing with planned parties for the week thanks to DITSU! :D

Planned parties, how sweet!!! :D .........but em, we get one of these review weeks around halloween, think its the week of the 26th

wouldnt have a clue, all will be explained on the 16th at induction i guess :L

Thanks anyway :) .......do you know anyone else startin this course or just people in here???

• Advertisement

just here... but i may be surprised :L but doubt it, should be a good laugh

Advertisement