Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT211 computing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

One of my mates is doing this. He's a bit insane, he'll be the one teaching you all how to build handheld flamethrowers and stuff:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 xxasdasdxx

cool to have a handheld flamthrower myself. Is there a kickboxing club in DIT?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Contracepticon

I think someone was trying to set up an MMA society on this thing if that's any help but there was something about kickboxing in that fit to go thing in the kevin street gym too, i think i saw that on the dvd they sent out

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Apoliges for dragging this thread back up. But i just wanted to clarify, are we supposed to be in for 9:30 for the induction day?

Yeh 9.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yeh 9.30

cool...

Sorry to be so blunt but it's not me actually doing the course it's my friend :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ineedausername

just a heads up keep an eye on the timetables online..as they keeping changing for this course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

indeed.
    Just to clarify as it was rather messy to start off with. There are 2 websites for us. Both use your student number and your password is your dob (for example if i was born 1 feb on 1990 it'd be 01021990)
    http://mydit.dit.ie
    Mostly just email and tabs/links to other useful areas. You're able to change your password here and even set up accessibility to other accounts (although unfortunately not provide auto forwarding to your current email. You'll need to click mail up the top right and then options. You can find it under "Retrieve Other E-mail" You can look up the pop (usually) address for your basic services (such as gmail,hotmail,yahoo etc) online with google.

*http://webcourses.dit.ie
    (Your student "control panel") If you just click one of the links from the course list you'll get the whole control panel down the side which involves all your assignments announcements notes progress through the year. There's even a profile page listing instructors and students in your year. Features for a editing your profile are also included. As far as i know there's a second email here that is limited to people on your course.

*For any of you already in the know about security, webcourses site does not encrypt their connection when you're logging in. This means basically that someone on the network can sniff out your credentials. Mydit does though but still not when entering passwords for other emails when setting up your account to retrieve other email (such as your yahoo email)

Advertisement