Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leitrim folks!

• 22-08-2009 2:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Hi, there's the possibility that I'll be in Leitrim on the 27th of August, which is the day I have to register my modules for UCD. Can someone tell me if there's an internet café in Keshcarrigan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Only Dublin queries allowed in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

I don't spend much time here, but I have a feeling you're joking. No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Hi, there's the possibility that I'll be in Leitrim on the 27th of August, which is the day I have to register my modules for UCD. Can someone tell me if there's an internet café in Keshcarrigan?

Why are you going to Leitrim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Why would you want to go to Leitrim?

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I'm sitting beside two lads from Leitrim and neither of them have a clue where that even is. They're guessing it's in Roscommon or something, either ways your internet hopes are slim to none.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

You were a child,
    crawlin' on your knees toward it.

Schism wrote: »
    I'm sitting beside two lads from Leitrim and neither of them have a clue where that even is. They're guessing it's in Roscommon or something, either ways your internet hopes are slim to none.

It's a little way south-east of Drumshanbo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

It's a little way south-east of Drumshanbo.

Oh Keshcarrigan!. I know it well. Eh no sorry no internet there.
    Try Galway. I think they may have some internet left.

Linkypoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 That

Possibly......at least its better than Roscommon:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Deep fried penguin is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

ColmDawson wrote: »

Could you not use Google?

Could you not use Google?

I have used google, and found that there is an internet café on the Main Street in Carrick. It's possible that there's a small one in Keshcarrigan which wouldn't be found on google; with that in mind, I asked here, in the hope that someone local could give me information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Ok, cool.
    I hope you get the info you are looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

it would be funny if there was a internet cafe that didn't use the internet to push its own business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

No idea OP. But spent a very pleasant afternoon in Keshcarrigan once having beached on a sandbar while cruising down the Shannon. The locals were very nice and the pub we were drinking in was family run. No guarantees, but I'd say if you were drinking a couple of pints or getting something to eat, the owner (or one of the kids) would prob let you use their laptop if they have one. Why not ring/e-mail the pubs and ask them have they any facility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Only Dublin queries allowed in this forum.

Only Dublin queries allowed in this forum. will be moved to the Dublin forum where you will get helpful people point you in the right direction. Queries about any other part of the country won't be moved.

What's the story? Are the other region forums not working well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I have used google, and found that there is an internet café on the Main Street in Carrick. It's possible that there's a small one in Keshcarrigan which wouldn't be found on google; with that in mind, I asked here, in the hope that someone local could give me information.

Do you know how small Keshcarrigan is? They're lucky to have broadband let alone an internet cafe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keshcarrigan

They won't have an internet cafe for 364 residents. Go into Carrick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Leitrim has internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Rabies wrote: »
    it would be funny if there was a internet cafe that didn't use the internet to push its own business
    It wouldn't surprise me tbh. The way the internets is under-utilised by businesses in this country is nothing short of shocking. No wonder broadband coverage is so piss poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What's a Leitrim?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Colm, Colm, Colm. Are you Irish at all? Never mind these benighted Dubs. Most of them get lost when they cross the Liffey. Everybody - well, every culchie - knows if you want to find out anything about a village in Ireland - ring the local Oifig an Phoist!

It always works. Try it! :)

PS: Oifig an Phoist, Keshcarrigan: 071 9642001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You'll be about 20 mins from Carrick on Shannon, where there's internet cafees. You driving?

No, I'd have to get a taxi. Anyway I think Carrick seems the best option, thanks for the help.

P.S. An Irish internet café without a web presence would surprise me only slightly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DipDab

internet:eek: sure they only got traffic lights there last week :p id invest in an auld pidgeon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Kiera wrote: »
    You were a child,
    crawlin' on your knees toward it.
    Making mama so proud,
    but your voice is too loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

colm pass no heed on these eeeeeeeeeeejits, im from keshcarrigan co leitrim and there is no internet cafe in kesh ,however theres eircom broadband ,and ice broadband in the village, but your best bet is to go into the library in drumshanbo or carrick or even mohill, or ballinamore where you can access the internet hassle free ,with out any eeeeeeeeeeeeeeejit giving you grief, and good luck with your ucd thingy

o and thanks for giving my lovaly little village some air time, and thanks for visiting

kindest regards
    leitrim lad

Advertisement