Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2010

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

This is my advice right here:

1.When you're given homework do it the night you're given it. DO NOT put it off and say ''ahh sure it's not due for another week''.. By doing work given immediately you are re-inforcing info in your head and this will prove vital in the weeks leading up to your big exams.

2. If you find your attention wavering in class, snap back to the classroom and everything your teacher is doing. The worst feeling ever on the day of your leaving cert would be knowing exactly what your teacher was talking about but being incapable of explaining the answer to a question related to the topic.

3. STUDY STUDY STUDY! Don't over do it but make sure you do it. Some people are capable of taking an easy pass by studying and getting what they want at the end but do not be mislead. Everyone is different and some need to study more than others. It's not fair but somethings never are!.

4. Enjoy every second of it. It's probably the best year of your life. Make no mistakes about it. You'll miss it all when it's over and of that i can assure you.

5. Good luck to all of you this year and may you all do as well you hope in the leaving cert.

PS: I know what i'm talking about. I done the l.c this year and obtained 485 points doing pass maths! The Leaving Cert is primarily a test of brain retention and the ability to manipulate questions in order to suit your answers. In order to do this and beat the exam you'll need to study regularly, listen attentively in class, and do your homework thoroughly.

!. Do your best because....

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM - nothing but your best is good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭thedizzler

I've got to concur with the previous posters- don't stress out too much at this stage but giving some thought to a study plan wouldn't hurt at all. Manageable and steady are what you're going for- no last minute all-nighters!
    As regards French, it's a fairly constant paper. Prediction-wise, keep an eye on what's topical, particularly regarding France throughout the year. Even if it doesn't come up directly in the exam, it's a great answer to the "Have you ever been to France?" question in the oral. (eg. "Yes, and I was shocked to hear about those floods" is an A1 answer.)
    Don't worry too much, you have time and a great attitude! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DakotaDreaming

I'm banking on an O'Shearcaigh leamhthuiscint... Better start learning off some "related" vocab.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Nope! He's still on unfortunately:(:(

His poem's are incredibly simple and whenever you read An Oilean (Forget who it's by) you'll realise he's not the most perverted poet on the course.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

How's 6th year going for people so far?

I have so much work (as expected) and like no time for study!?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

It so tiring but least it one month done!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

8 more months of torture! more homework & more study,but still 12 yrs of scool will be been done and dusted then another 4 or 6 yrs colleges!

6ht yr is tiring with the mountain of homework and EXAMS.I wish dat i can sleep and wake up to find it all over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 TomCullen

What do you guys think about the new maths tables, you used to get marks for producing the forumlue especially physics... are they guna change the structure of the questions now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

TomCullen wrote: »
    What do you guys think about the new maths tables, you used to get marks for producing the forumlue especially physics... are they guna change the structure of the questions now?

the answer might be here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055670300

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭NightOwl91

:pne1 get 600pts in LC on this?
    if so, gimme ur secrets haw haw
    :D plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

NightOwl91 wrote: »
    :pne1 get 600pts in LC on this?
    if so, gimme ur secrets haw haw
    :D plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I found that the ability to spell and express myself in a coherent fashion was a tremendous help....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

I found that the ability to spell and express myself in a coherent fashion was a tremendous help....

Haha, that made my very bad day a little better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Be nice to the newbie, folks.

Nightowl91, txtspit is strongly discouraged on this site. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Moomee

Well done on the A1 ! I'm doing history next Wednesday and am bricking it! Did u do higher or ordinary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lauriew

For English Paper II, Poetry, I know Yeats, Boland, Kavanagh and Keats.
    Do people think that will be ok?

Like what are the chances of Elliot, Walcott, Rich, and Longely (who I know is apparently very likey), all coming up?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

lauriew wrote: »
    For English Paper II, Poetry, I know Yeats, Boland, Kavanagh and Keats.
    Do people think that will be ok?

Like what are the chances of Elliot, Walcott, Rich, and Longely (who I know is apparently very likey), all coming up?!

Eliot is very likely, as is Longley, to a lesser extent. I doubt Walcott will come up as he was on last year, and Rich is quite unlikely because she was on in 2008 and in 2009 she was on one of the papers (I forget which).

Advertisement