Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spit or Swallow ???

• 22-08-2009 8:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

i would ask to keep the sex jokes out of this but thats not gonna happen,

walking down the street and your man wallops a big gollier on to the path,

do we really need to see this kind of crap ?:mad:

cant keep it in your mouth or just swallow it like nature intended ?:confused:

what do you guys think ?

Do you spit or swallow ? 40 votes

Spit !
    0% 0 votes
    Swallow !
    100% 40 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Only absolute scumbags spit as a habit, it's disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

robby^5 wrote: »
    Only absolute scumbags spit as a habit

And the chinese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I hate people who walk down the street spitting. Usual is scumbags. Its filthy and people who do it, from my experience, litter as well.

Stop spitting out your burger and pick up your take away packaging! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A gentleman always uses a spittoon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

If in Dublin i spit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

We gave a lift to a drunk one time and he tried to hawk a lump of lung butter out the car window.

Unfortunately the window was closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

If you really need to spit, then spit but not in an overly grotesque fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

i wish we had some of those old 50s posters that used to say "spitting spreads TB"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

magick wrote: »
    i wish we had some of those old 50s posters that used to say "spitting spreads TB"
    http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/uploads/RTEmagicC_385px-TB_poster.jpg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Ive seen girls spit of gobs of green phlegm onto the ground.

Not very ladylike behaviour at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Only spit when playing football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I wouldnt spit for the sake of it but sometimes, especially when hungover, I get some nasty crap in my mouth that has to go or I might get sick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    I wouldnt spit for the sake of it but sometimes, especially when hungover, I get some nasty crap in my mouth that has to go or I might get sick.
    That's the AIDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bubblicious

I really thought this thread was about....:o

Anyways, spitting is just disgusting. If my OH ever did that in front of me, he'd get a slap!!

Edit: Not a real slap, more like a friendly tap! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I thought we were gonna have another "Swallow Bitch" episode...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Lenny taught us how to do it well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Oh God

Spitting habits make mud a very very sad panda

Swallow it or spit it into a hankie or at the very least fork off behind a tree or a building where you won't be giving people the gawking heaves!

I worked in Dell and it got to the stage where we would go through the hassle of security everytime we wanted a smoke because the designated smoking area was awash with greeners *bawk*

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

I think I have a pretty good constitutions but seeing someone spitting actually turns my stomach.
    It is a filthy habit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

i'd like to say thank you to the people who posted saying its filthy habit etc.

but there are 10 people who voted for spit and i would like to hear what they have to say and why :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mr.Obvious

I'm not going to stop spitting.

But I'd like if girls only swallowed.

(this goes for both sitautions).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I've seen women spit some strange white substances on to the ground in the films.

Very ladylike behaviour :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Sometimes you get a nasty taste in your mouth, or say after coughing you might have a bit of phlegm in your mouth. Now, given that this is the 21st century, not everybody carrys a hankerchief. Do you really hold that phlegm in your mouth until you find a private place to get rid of it? Or just swallow it?

I've always been told you should blow your nose and spit out phlegm to get the badness out of your system and prevent sickness.

It's annoying when people spit every two seconds, rather than keeping a normal level of saliva in their mouth. But when a greenhorn enters my mouth, it's exiting sharpish, and not in the direction of my stomach. I'll spit away from people, and in a place I'd hope nobody would find/react to it, but I'm sure as hell not swallowing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

^^^^ What he said.
    That stuff comes up for a reason, it ain't meant to go back down again.
    Obviously spitting on the office floor would be somewhat taboo but there's
    nothing wrong with it if it's done discretely.
    Spitting not spitting on an office floor that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

FunkZ wrote: »
    I've seen women spit some strange white substances on to the ground in the films.

Very ladylike behaviour :pac:

No your wrong a good woman always swallows.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Was passing a taxi rank recently @ about 2000hrs when this shaven headed pot bellied gimpp with a trousers with the crotchband sagging below his knees suddenly dispatched an lung omlette the size of a sideplate on the pavement in front of me.

Fcuker then proceeded to grind his dirty runners into the mess:eek:

Fucking gross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

It's also disgusting to see blokes do this, ya know. Not very gentlemanly-like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

plonk wrote: »
    And the chinese

A great bunch of lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

CHD wrote: »
    If in Dublin i spit.

Yeah well, I only go to Kilcoole to spit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

If its a dirty snotty one then it goes out of me mouth fairly sharpish. Wouldnt do it where people walk or anything, normally down a suir or on the back of someones head.

One of me mates years ago always had a really snotty nose. He was forever blowing snot bubbles by mistake. He used to do the crane. Ya know the ould cover one nostril and blow out through other one. He was able to get it to almost hit the ground then snort it back up again. Was hilarious when he done it wrong and had a dirty snake snot wrapped around his head. Ah to be 10 again.

seanybiker wrote: »
    One of me mates years ago always had a really snotty nose. He was forever blowing snot bubbles by mistake. He used to do the crane. Ya know the ould cover one nostril and blow out through other one. He was able to get it to almost hit the ground then snort it back up again. Was hilarious when he done it wrong and had a dirty snake snot wrapped around his head. Ah to be 10 again.

There was a young fella in our class like that.
    When kids used to try to bully him he'd fire out a couple of rounds as a defence mechanism.
    His nickname was 'Snot Bazooka'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

A friend of mine spat out the drivers side window of his car at traffic lights once and it mistakenly landed on some poor woman who had just pulled up alongside him in her convertible. Cue profuse apologies from my mate and loud obsenities from said lady. :o:o:D:D

waraf wrote: »
    A friend of mine shat out the drivers side window of his car at traffic lights once and it mistakenly landed on some poor woman who had just pulled up alongside him in her convertible. Cue profuse apologies from my mate and loud obsenities from said lady. :o:o:D:D

That is so disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I dont agree with keeping it in.

I dont agree with spitting it out on the ground.

I dont agree with the big show before the spit (back snorty.. hocking back thing).

For the spitters and snorters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

If in the car out the window, if theres people in the car, gulp - or tissue.. sounds filthy!

• Advertisement

waraf wrote: »
    A friend of mine spat out the drivers side window of his car at traffic lights once and it mistakenly landed on some poor woman who had just pulled up alongside him in her convertible. Cue profuse apologies from my mate and loud obsenities from said lady. :o:o:D:D

She should have swallowed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

^^^^ What he said.
    That stuff comes up for a reason, it ain't meant to go back down again.
    Obviously spitting on the office floor would be somewhat taboo but there's
    nothing wrong with it if it's done discretely.
    Spitting not spitting on an office floor that is.

But it doesnt go back to where it came from if you swallow, your lungs/throat want rid of it so if you swallow it goes into your stomach which I always assumed would take care of any dirt or germs.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭madbev90210

Bus stops are the worst for copious amounts of saliva excretion.. I cant even put my bags down and have to watch were I stand all the time.. its disgusting!
    Only noticed this since I stopped driving. I agree with the poster on the footballers spitting seeming acceptable, but do they not mind sliding around in all the possible spits? Or is that a mega girly thing to say?!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

barakus wrote: »
    We gave a lift to a drunk one time and he tried to hawk a lump of lung butter out the car window.

Unfortunately the window was closed.

LMFAO

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Spit or swallow is a misleading title, I was thinking of something other than salivia.

• Advertisement

aw man, I answered the poll before read the OP - oops!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

Definitely spit, hate the thoughts of having to swallow phlegm :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

hehe.. humans and their body fluids.. he he he :D

Advertisement