Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

She's taking me to court/out to hurt me

Options
  • 22-08-2009 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey all,
    Just looking for some advice.
    My daughters mother is moving to a neighbouring county and is taking me to court regarding access. She is trying to reduce it.
    I've tried numerous occasions to come up with something between us but, as you probably know, its just met with hostility.
    I recently sent her a letter stating all the things she is doing wrong. Shock horror, she was furious about it and even misread it.
    Fact is I do all I can, pay maintanance.
    Twice a week I am meant to have her but its getting to be more and more of a burden to simply get the two days from her, which she almost always leaves it til the last minute.
    The reason I'm worried is, although I know I'm doing nothing wrong, fathers always seem to get a raw deal in this country and I don't want to be punished for something she is doing wrong and not adhering to.
    Should I get a solicitor or not bother?

Any info wouuld be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Ray

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Cheers
    Ray

That all depends on how much you really want access in my view. If it was me i would be straight on to a solicitor. I know something similar happened to a friend of mine and he has now go more access then he had previous so try worry to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Mulan

Get a Solicitor as soon as you can.
    Unfortunatly its all down to that now.
    Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Hey all,
    Just looking for some advice.
    My daughters mother is moving to a neighbouring county and is taking me to court regarding access. She is trying to reduce it.
    I've tried numerous occasions to come up with something between us but, as you probably know, its just met with hostility.
    I recently sent her a letter stating all the things she is doing wrong. Shock horror, she was furious about it and even misread it.
    Fact is I do all I can, pay maintanance.
    Twice a week I am meant to have her but its getting to be more and more of a burden to simply get the two days from her, which she almost always leaves it til the last minute.
    The reason I'm worried is, although I know I'm doing nothing wrong, fathers always seem to get a raw deal in this country and I don't want to be punished for something she is doing wrong and not adhering to.

Cheers
    Ray

Maybe that's where you are going wrong. Taking the attack stance. It's not a surprise court is the cul de sac here.

Can you show us the letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Dublin_Mode

Cheers people.
    Oh believe me, all I want is a peaceful life. The reason I sent her this letter is that she is not doing what she is supposed to reg the court order. The letter was like something a solicitor would send. It had no insults or anything on it. Just facts and letting her know its not fair etc..
    The only thing I want is to see my kid as much as I can hassle free but very sadly, its impossible with a girl like her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

So she's currently not obeying the access order that is in place and at the same time as reapplied to change the order?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭martdalto

Dublin_Mode,

Do you have court ordered access? Do you have the physical court orer and does it say specific days.. eg: Tuesday & Thursday 2pm to 6pm (or similiar?)

If it has specific days and times on it, and if she breaches it, you can go to your local garda station, on the date that you are supposed to have access, and get them to stamp and initial it. You will then have a record of everytime she has breached the order.

Judges are taking less kindly to mothers who seem to out to just be awkward. If you can turn up in court, showing that you are doing everything reasonable to have proper contact with your daughter, then things should work in your favour. Keep contact with her (your ex) to ao minimum, and don't get dragged into a slagging match.

Keep a record of any texts she send telling you that you can't see you daughter on a particular date etc. You can bring your phone to the garda station and they will transcribe your texts, these can then be produced in court.

Keep your head, and you should have no problem putting your case forward in court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Dublin_Mode

Thanks a million for the words.
    I reckon I should be ok because I know I am doing nothing wrong.

Thanks again.
    I'll let you know how i get on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

its worth noting that your kid cannot be taken out of the country ( even on holiday) without your express premission. Thank god for the EU, mary banotti and the Mr G case!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

its worth noting that your kid cannot be taken out of the country ( even on holiday) without your express premission. Thank god for the EU, mary banotti and the Mr G case!

Only if he has guardianship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭martdalto

He said she is moving county... No "r"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

445279.ie wrote: »
    Only if he has guardianship

mr g didn't have guardianship

Advertisement