Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolution bar gone to the dogs for matches

• 22-08-2009 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else agree that the revolution bar has gone to the dogs for watching matches now that upstairs has closed for that new nightclub escape, they have tv's downstairs but wont put the sound on and they wont put the tv on in the backbar unless a really big crowd is in , I left disgusted last week.There is no where esle really that does food and where you can watch the games in town

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

we always go to the exchange(or nellys is now is it?) up in ballybricken. Food is grand its never mental and always a bit of an atmosphere. Also maybe kazbar i'm just thinking of food during the day because i've never seen a match in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Was in there for the ireland/australia match and the end of the United/Birmingham match. No sound for either:confused: went up to the Whacky apple for the second half of the Ireland match.
    Not keen on going there again but there isnt much of a choice around. I used to go to Alfie hales on lombard st for all the united and ireland matches. Great spot. City centre needs a sports bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

i usually go to the ularu now but its a bit far out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭iseegirls

wasn't mason's supposed to be the new sports bar in waterford now?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

I thought I read somewhere that Revolution were making some basement bar for football??
    I'll be disappointed if they have no sound for the saturday games as I usually enjoy getting my lunch and a few drinks in there whilst watching the football.
    Might try Mason's instead then as they opened as a sports bar a few months back but I hav'nt been in there yet as i usually use Rev's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Bluezar wrote: »
    I thought I read somewhere that Revolution were making some basement bar for football??
    I'll be disappointed if they have no sound for the saturday games as I usually enjoy getting my lunch and a few drinks in there whilst watching the football.
    Might try Mason's instead then as they opened as a sports bar a few months back but I hav'nt been in there yet as i usually use Rev's

I was in the basement bar Friday night (gigging not drinking) and there was only 2 screens from what I could see and both of them were behind the bar. The way it's laid out there is no way you could see the screens if you were sitting down as there's only a dancefloor in front of the bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

Adyx wrote: »
    I was in the basement bar Friday night (gigging not drinking) and there was only 2 screens from what I could see and both of them were behind the bar. The way it's laid out there is no way you could see the screens if you were sitting down as there's only a dancefloor in front of the bar.

I believe there is a large projected screen on the wall opposite the bar, so big you couldn't miss it, specifically for watching matches.

It looks like some of the above posts may be from competitors - kind of sour grapes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

There's a 15ft screen in front of the bar....two plasmas in the main seating area and another screen down there too. Love how someone can be in a place for so long, but actually see nothing. And then go to the bother of reporting that misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Just ask them to turn the sound up in Rev, that's what I did during the Lions matches and they had no problem whatsoever!

LostGirly wrote: »
    Just ask them to turn the sound up in Rev, that's what I did during the Lions matches and they had no problem whatsoever!

As mentioned above it looks like a concerted effort to try and undermine someone who is trying to do something, while no one else is!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

well butty wrote: »
    It looks like some of the above posts may be from competitors - kind of sour grapes!!!

We have it both ways here - some folk knocking it as if they are a regular joe bloggs and folk giving it the thumbs up as if they are also regular joe bloggs.

The reality? They work for Revolution or the businesses knocking it.

Sully wrote: »
    We have it both ways here - some folk knocking it as if they are a regular joe bloggs and folk giving it the thumbs up as if they are also regular joe bloggs.

The reality? They work for Revolution or the businesses knocking it.

You can count me out of both of the above groups. I just felt the amateur approach to knocking a new business was pathetic and deserved a response!

If someone connected to Revolution responded also, fair play because lies should be shot down particularly on an open forum!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

well butty wrote: »
    You can count me out of both of the above groups. I just felt the amateur approach to knocking a new business was pathetic and deserved a response!

If someone connected to Revolution responded also, fair play because lies should be shot down particularly on an open forum!!!!

Aye, it is pretty pathetic alright. But thats competition for ya :p

Sully wrote: »
    Aye, it is pretty pathetic alright. But thats competition for ya :p

I'm all for competition and hopefully, there will be more in this sector, in Waterford because it has been controlled for too long by a minority who owns the majority of the action! Hopefully, the people of Waterford will benefit in the long run!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

Ned Kellys in ballybricken is good. Always a great buzz and the lads there are sound

renraw wrote: »
    Ned Kellys in ballybricken is good. Always a great buzz and the lads there are sound

I have to agree with you. It has gotten better since it was taken over.

Hold on now. I've made no secret of the fact that I do work for the Tweedy Group. I've stated that in this forum before. However I have no interest in knocking Revolution or promoting a Tweedy Group venue. I work in Muldoons which has no screens and I really don't care if people go to Masons or not for matches. I don't get paid to market the place. I don't even like Masons ffs!

Like I said I was actually playing in the basement bar Friday night and I only genuinely only noticed the screens behind the bar. Fair enough there's a big screen with a projector. It seems to me though that the pillars might block the view for some people. I didn't really check that out though, abouttobebanned, as I was too busy playing a gig to admire my surroundings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

dunno how ya missed seeing that screen,its massive sure,wud ya not have seen it on the way in?or on the way out?tis only one pillar in there,wouldnt block yer view.muldoons doesnt have any tvs as its never open when matches are on right?

i think the screen is in the wrong place,it should be on the background wall not on the wall opposite the bar,its too cramped in that area,should just put a smaller tv there and move the other one.its annoying trying to watch the game in that area as it simply isnt big enough or wide enough as people are walking through it the whole time.if flash moved it there would be a lot better and hed prob get more people in for the game.

anplaya wrote: »
    dunno how ya missed seeing that screen,its massive sure,wud ya not have seen it on the way in?or on the way out?tis only one pillar in there,wouldnt block yer view.muldoons doesnt have any tvs as its never open when matches are on right?

i think the screen is in the wrong place,it should be on the background wall not on the wall opposite the bar,its too cramped in that area,should just put a smaller tv there and move the other one.its annoying trying to watch the game in that area as it simply isnt big enough or wide enough as people are walking through it the whole time.if flash moved it there would be a lot better and hed prob get more people in for the game.

I didn't miss it so much as ignore it as it's part of the wall and we have a backdrop which was over it that night too. When I posted before it never came into my head. There's 3 pillars as far as I remember. One fairly wide and two smaller ones. Like I said I didn't even check if they were in the way so they might not block the screen at all.

Muldoon's is only open Fri, Sat and Sunday these days but there has never been a TV in there even when it was open 7 nights a week. The Kavanaghs wanted purely as a music bar and for the last 5/6 years it doesn't open before 9 anyway so it would be useless for matches. The layout wouldn't be suitable either unless it was a big screen over the stage maybe. You're right about moving the screen in Revolution too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

I was in there for the chelsea and hull match and it was on the tv's alright but they would not turn up the sound or put it on in the back bar so I left and I wasn't the only one.There is no point having a match on if there is no sound.

I went to the rev bar every saturday last year for the games and some food but now I have to find somewhere else, there seems to be a lack of places in the city centre that cater for this as Masons have the matches alright but dont do food.

• Advertisement
Advertisement