Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Hard Drive Deals - 500gb - 1tb

• 22-08-2009 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone seen sales online or instore on External HDs?

Pixmania had a sale a while ago but looks like its expired.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Easons have them on sale at the moment

Maxor 500Gb hard drives €59.99 as far as i no not sure how much the 1Tb ones are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭cormon

Reids ( Nassau Street) are doing a 1 tb ext drive for 89.99. I have no info on specs/brand though so...

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

cormon wrote: »
    Reids ( Nassau Street) are doing a 1 tb ext drive for 89.99. I have no info on specs/brand though so...

READS!!!! people READS!!!!

Jesus Sean, go for a walk there mate, you must be really bored !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

cormon wrote: »
    Jesus Sean, go for a walk there mate, you must be really bored !!!

lol!! Yeah,sad I know but it bugs the **** out of me when I see things like that. :)

• Advertisement

Fair enough Sean.

It is worth noting however that "Reid" is a muh more common surname that "Read" and as I have never been to the shop I made on an assumption based on probability that the shop was called Reids. So your annoyance at my presumption based on statistics may be a cause for concern !!!!

Forums and the banter between strangers you gotta love it....

Kevin..

P.S I know what they say about presumption been the mother of all.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

looks like the 90 squid mark is cheapest for 1tb. Easons and Reads?PC World will be selling pencil cases and books soon i'm sure then

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

The 1TB one Easons have is a Seagate, basic model no frills but works fine mines been going for about 6 weeks now with no probs. Box says it has a 2 year limited warranty, also says it has smart energy management (seems to switch off when the computer goes off) and its a 7,200rpm spin speed drive. Paid 89euro same one in PCWorld is/was 99euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭brosna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

BobPresto wrote: »

That's an internal drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Elara have three 1TB external hard drives for under €90 :http://www.elara.ie/products/results.asp?srch=1tb+hard+drive . I bought the Toshiba one based on the amazon.co.uk reviews. Haven't got it yet. Hopefully it'll be decent! :)
    2day delivery is €8 which is lower priced than Komplett and Dabs etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

chilly wrote: »
    Elara have three 1TB external hard drives for under €90 :http://www.elara.ie/products/results.asp?srch=1tb+hard+drive . I bought the Toshiba one based on the amazon.co.uk reviews. Haven't got it yet. Hopefully it'll be decent! :)
    2day delivery is €8 which is lower priced than Komplett and Dabs etc.

If ur in Dublin u can collect from both Elara and Komplett.. Save on shipping charges

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

Elara €1 pickup and Komplett €8 pickup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

BobPresto wrote: »
    Elara €1 pickup and Komplett €8 pickup.

Komplett has free pickup? It's a promo on at the moment:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/k.aspx?action=page&page=news&topic=CW&utm_source=komplett.ie&utm_medium=august09w35fb02_free_delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

Kevin! wrote: »
    Too bad it'd cost me about as much as the post delivery to go there by bus hehe.

I have this one:

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfullat.asp?productcode=ECE1605284#spec

Got it in Argos early in the year for €125. I need two more so I'm gonna go with Elara. Can anyone tell me how they are to deal with if it dies quickly or is faulty? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

Can anyone tell me how they are to deal with if it dies quickly or is faulty? :)

For Buffalo if the unit is faulty you give their support line a call to "verify" the fault, not much to verify really with a faulty HD. Once that is done they give you an authorisation number to give to us and we swap the item for a new unit.

For Buffalo if the unit is faulty you give their support line a call to "verify" the fault, not much to verify really with a faulty HD. Once that is done they give you an authorisation number to give to us and we swap the item for a new unit.

Thanks for the reply. Will most likely be picking two of those up from you by the end of the month (haven't got the credit card at the moment).

Can I ask you though, how long do they give you regarding that? Does it have to be faulty within a week for me to get it replaced, or will they do it over 6 months/12 months/etc. (ie: Warranty)?

Cheers Elara. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

Thanks for the reply. Will most likely be picking two of those up from you by the end of the month (haven't got the credit card at the moment).

Can I ask you though, how long do they give you regarding that? Does it have to be faulty within a week for me to get it replaced, or will they do it over 6 months/12 months/etc. (ie: Warranty)?

Cheers Elara. :)

Pretty sure that is over the warranty period...

Pretty sure that is over the warranty period...

That's great. Thanks a lot Kin. You guys are more than likely gonna become my number one shop for electronics now. I think it says a lot for a company when they're willing to come on to a public forum and talk to their customers.

Thanks again man.

Advertisement