Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis Wars Summer Trial Download!

Options
  • 22-08-2009 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

Just got a reminder email from Crytek
    Introduction
    We’re pleased to be able to invite you to the Crysis Wars trial week taking place from Friday 28th August until Friday 4th September!

All you need to do is be a registered member of MyCrysis in order to receive all the information you'll need to take part, you can sign up through out the week however the sooner you do so the sooner you can start playing!

* If you already own and play Crysis Wars, this week will be a fantastic opportunity for you to meet new players and make new friends.
    * If you don't own Crysis Wars, this is a unique occasion for you to download the FULL game with its 3 game modes and 23 maps. As soon as your download is over, you will be able to play on LAN with your friends for free. Once the week arrives, you will receive a unique CDKey so that you can play online for free during the entire week!

Step by Step Guide

1. Download the Game client
    2. Download the 1.5 Version patch
    3. Install the game and run the patch

Crysis Wars Trial Client

Crysis Wars Patch 1.5

* FilePlanet

* FilePlanet

* File Shack

* MyCrysis

* Big Download

* File Front

* File Front

* File Play

* Worth Playing

* Big Download

* Game Spot

* Worth Playing

How does it Work?
    You will be able to download the complete Crysis Wars game, and install it on your computer for free. From then on, you will be able to play on LAN with your friends, without any time limitation. This is the best opportunity to check the gameplay, adjust the settings to your fitting (from best performance to best visuals), and train with your friends on LAN, in preparation for the online week. You will not be able to connect online during this time.

This Friday 28th August, starting at 9pm CET, MyCrysis members will be able to log into MyCrysis and by following a simple link they will be able to claim their Free Trial CD-Key. This trial CDKey will only be valid for your MyCrysis account, and will allow you to play online for the whole week. By the end of the week, your trial CDKey will be deactivated and you will have to purchase the game to keep playing online.

The whole Crysis Wars team hopes that you will enjoy this experience, and we are at your disposal at MyCrysis.com to answer your questions and react to your feedback.

Minimum System Requirements:

quote:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66GHz 3M Processor
    RAM: 1GB (1.5GB on Windows Vista)
    Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce 6800GT, ATI Radeon 9800Pro (Radeon X800 for Vista) or better
    VRAM: 256MB of Graphics Memory
    Storage: 10GB
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
    OS: Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Vista
    ODD: DVD-ROM (unneeded for digital versions)
    DirectX: DX9.0c or DX10

Happy hunting and see you on the battlefields!

- Crysis Wars Team

I've played this game on hamachi and its massive fun, You'll not believe how good it is till You try, being able to cloak adds a great element to the game. Maps start in full daylight and slowly change to complete darkness over time, then next map starts (it gets impossible to make out anyone in the dark, especially cloaked). Its an amazing game, honestly

They also seem to have tweaked the game and lowered textures as I can max this and get great framerates, its easier run than Crysis itself or Warhead. Anyone who can max CDO-MW can definitely run this. Great selection of maps, some big some small, respawning is random and you'll usually spawn close to where the action is.

Give it a go, its well worth the download for the weeks trial

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Do you have to own a Crysis game to join MyCrysis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Jonathan wrote: »
    Do you have to own a Crysis game to join MyCrysis?

Nope, just sign up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I agree with Pog.

Very good MP game. Nothing like a small map with3-4 players all cloaked trying not to give away a position all the time watching the cloak power gauge deplete.

Great craic

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Worth my while downloading to run on a 4650 @ 1680*1050?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

can you buy crysis wars by itself

• Advertisement

MooseJam wrote: »
    can you buy crysis wars by itself

No, its the MP bundled with Warhead

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I wish a community would get behind this game like they did for L4D. It's incredibly good, has loads of mod community support with maps and content. Can be as hectic as Quake III or as paced as BF.

The respawn system for the small DM type maps is brilliant. You always spawn close to the action, regardless of the size of the map. Also, surprisingly, the cloak ability really doesn't unbalance the game at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This would melt my pc even if i just downloaded it.

Bundling games with others is daft - I have warhead I'm not buying it again

MooseJam wrote: »
    Bundling games with others is daft - I have warhead I'm not buying it again

If You have Warhead You already have this, that is if its a legit copy

• Advertisement

guess I don't have it so, maybe I'll buy it though it's a good game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Kiith wrote: »
    This would melt my pc even if i just downloaded it.

Try it and see. It's a common misconception that Crysis is a complete hog. If you have an 8800GTS, equivalent card or better you'll be able to comfortably run it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Will it run on a 2 Voodoo 2 cards SLI'ed together ?

TinCool wrote: »
    Will it run on a 2 Voodoo 2 cards SLI'ed together ?

Eh, Doubt it.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Try it and see. It's a common misconception that Crysis is a complete hog. If you have an 8800GTS, equivalent card or better you'll be able to comfortably run it.
    To be fair, it would probably run, but i have this thing about only wanting to play it (or similar graphically intensive games) the way they are meant to be played, with the highes or near highest graphics settings. I plan on upgrading my machine soon, so i'll wait till then.

Kiith wrote: »
    To be fair, it would probably run, but i have this thing about only wanting to play it (or similar graphically intensive games) the way they are meant to be played, with the highes or near highest graphics settings. I plan on upgrading my machine soon, so i'll wait till then.

But thats what we're trying to say, its not graphically intensive like Crysis or Warhead, its dumbed down and textures are reduced already to make it more balanced and playable. My Young fella's 2.4Ghz C2D, 4GB ram & 512MB 8800GT can max this, in fact any pc that can max COD4 could possibly max this.

Don't miss out on the free trial

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    But thats what we're trying to say, its not graphically intensive like Crysis or Warhead, its dumbed down and textures are reduced already to make it more balanced and playable. My Young fella's 2.4Ghz C2D, 4GB ram & 512MB 8800GT can max this, in fact any pc that can max COD4 could possibly max this.

Don't miss out on the free trial
    FINE THEN, I WILL DOWNLOAD IT...JEEEZ :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So will yous all be playing on a LAN (Hamachi) over the next week or so ??

I have the game yet have never played or installed it.

Can someone post up Hamachi details if there are any ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    So will yous all be playing on a LAN (Hamachi) over the next week or so ??

I have the game yet have never played or installed it.

Can someone post up Hamachi details if there are any ?

No need for Hamachi, this is a legit weeks trial on public servers starting Fri 28th, sign up and You'll get a trial key. If You already have the paid for version of Warhead, You can play right now. If You got a pirate copy of Warhead You'll have to download Crysis Wars as its the MP part of Warhead You don't get in the pirate version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I mean for the week that people can play on LANs beforehand

• Advertisement
Advertisement