Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann stop at at Lusk

Options
  • 22-08-2009 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

does anybody know if the 101 bus stops at Lusk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Auvers wrote: »
    Afraid not, it only travels the R132. The nearest stop to Lusk would be at the school near Kilhedge Lane or alternatively near Frank McGowans warehouse at Turvey Industrial Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Does it not stop at Murtaghs @ Ballough any more??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Does it not stop at Murtaghs @ Ballough any more??
    That's further from Lusk than the stops I mentioned but I'm sure it still stops there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

someone told me they thought it stopped outside the Round Tower petrol station so I guess this isn't true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

dcr22B wrote: »
    That's further from Lusk than the stops I mentioned but I'm sure it still stops there.

Murtaghs is well closer than Turvey Ave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Auvers wrote: »
    Not when it is already full with passengers from Drogheda and Balbriggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

It does stop at The Round Towers ( that stop is called Minister Cross) and south of Murtaghs about 100 yds there is also a stop(if you stand at Murtaghs he won't stop).I have found in the past that that if they were full at Balbriggan, they'd hop on the motorway and bypass the R132 altogether, they got their knuckles rapped for that. But I'd imagine they will be full leaving Drogheda on Monday morning. Also if you are thinking of heading around the estuary to Malahide to get the DART, Seabury/Yellow Walls traffic can be heavy in the morning. Gonna be fun trying to get into town next week.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 graphene

I regurally get the 101 from Corduff.

There are 2 101 buses an hour (a third goes down the motorway between the five roads and lissenhall) and they usually pass by at 20 past and 20 to the hour. Going back from town they leave busarus on the hour and at 20 to the hour (never get on the 20 past the hour from town as it goes up the motorway and the drivers generally dont stop you getting on if you have a ticket for either Ministers cross or Ballough).

They will stop at the bus stop after Murtaghs, oppposite the Round towers garage and outside Corduff School (the last place they will pick passengers up) you will have to flag them down at all 3 stops. Also Corduff school isnt on the bus eireann ticket machine so if you get a ticket there be sure to let the driver know you want a ticket to/from ministers cross as you may have some problems if the driver has set the ticket machine to blakes cross (as they arnt allowed to sell Blakes cross to dublin tickets).

However with the expected increase in numbers tomorrow id say most of the buses will be full after balbriggan so they may go straight down the motorway all the way to town. Hopefully Bus eireann will not accept train tickets on the regular buses (as far as i know they are only taking train tickets on the extra services) so the buses wont be too packed. However if you see an angry guy standing outside corduff school at about half 8 tomorrow as the fifth full bus in a row goes past feel free to give me a wave.

If you are getting them be sure to get a 10 journey ticket (its around 25 euros) as a single from corduff is 3.90 and a return is 5.60. Also rather strangely it cost the same from ministers to the Airport as it does to the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 graphene

dcr22B wrote: »
    Afraid not, it only travels the R132. The nearest stop to Lusk would be at the school near Kilhedge Lane or alternatively near Frank McGowans warehouse at Turvey Industrial Park.

The 101 will not pick up at Turvey, last pick up point is at the junction of the R132 with the Balyboughil road (about 1km north of the blakes cross garage)

Advertisement