Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

911 revisited

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

meglome wrote: »
    Take any big news story then after a month has passed or six or twelve take the knowledge you have then and compare it to what you knew in the days or weeks following the event. There will almost always be big differences in the first stories compared to the later ones as more information becomes available. So let's not start blaming the Israelis again when there's no evidence of this, other than some Israeli kids taking some pictures after the event and having a neighbour who thought they were speaking Arabic.

http://www.911myths.com/html/dancing_israelis.html

Sorry Meglome, but this doesn't relate to my post. As I've no real interest in this subject I reckon you could have a point. However, the 'fore knowledge' the report speaks of is verified by the people themselves, not by news reporters. BTW a bomb in a van as I recall was never mentioned.

Perhaps if you showed youtube footage of the Isrealis appearing on TV talking about their experiences on the morning of 9/11 you'd get a more rounded outlook on this story.

If anyone has the original newspaper article I'd love to read it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Uprising not to state the obvious but this is a discussion forum so while videos can be useful to the discussion, you haven't posted any discussion whatsoever just videos.

Do you have an actual point?

squod wrote: »
    Sorry Meglome, but this doesn't relate to my post. As I've no real interest in this subject I reckon you could have a point. However, the 'fore knowledge' the report speaks of is verified by the people themselves, not by news reporters. BTW a bomb in a van as I recall was never mentioned.

Perhaps if you showed youtube footage of the Isrealis appearing on TV talking about their experiences on the morning of 9/11 you'd get a more rounded outlook on this story.

If anyone has the original newspaper article I'd love to read it again.

I provided a link with sources, which has the original source story of the conspiracy. When exactly do they admit to foreknowledge? wouldn't they be in prison? Were those Israelis convicted of something?

Uprising not to state the obvious but this is a discussion forum so while videos can be useful to the discussion, you haven't posted any discussion whatsoever just videos.

Do you have an actual point?

Of course I have a point, actually a few points, same points the video's bring up.........

9/11 is a lie, it's a cover-up, an inside job. Watch the video's, actually I may find myself in eastern europe somewhere.......getting tazered.

I provided a link with sources, which has the original source story of the conspiracy. When exactly do they admit to foreknowledge? wouldn't they be in prison? Were those Israelis convicted of something?

At 5:14 the mossad agent says "our purpose was to document the event", they weren't in prison saying it, they were in a studio in Israel, they weren't convicted of anything, strange that don't you think, and the fact just after the attacks the only flights allowed to leave the ground had the Bin Laden's on board and that all the binladen group websites expired on 911 also. Lots of strange things happened that day, that have never been answered, probably never will, that's kinda what make's it a conspiracy.

uprising wrote: »
    Of course I have a point, actually a few points, same points the video's bring up.........

9/11 is a lie, it's a cover-up, an inside job. Watch the video's, actually I may find myself in eastern europe somewhere.......getting tazered.

But you're posting the videos so it's up to you to tell us what your point is.

uprising wrote: »
    At 5:14 the mossad agent says "our purpose was to document the event", they weren't in prison saying it, they were in a studio in Israel, they weren't convicted of anything, strange that don't you think, and the fact just after the attacks the only flights allowed to leave the ground had the Bin Laden's on board and that all the binladen group websites expired on 911 also. Lots of strange things happened that day, that have never been answered, probably never will, that's kinda what make's it a conspiracy.

What video?

And I suppose you can back up these claims?

• Advertisement

No idea what you mean by this, your 'original source' is web page telling me something which, to my recollection, is incorrect .

The isrealis' admit to fore knowledge on Isreali TV some weeks after their return home. And as for them being imprisoned, they were, before they were extradited. Their group leader was due to be arrested also before his disappearence.

So if this article from the Sunday Tribune turns up please read it, denying what happened is shamefull IMO.

Well looks like I found it myself.

http://www.tribune.ie/article/2003/nov/09/the-real-911-cover-up/?q=september%2011%20mossad

''Back in Israel, several of the men discussed what happened on an Israeli talk show''

''Our purpose was to document the event." But how can you document an event unless you know it is going to happen?''

''simply that the possibility remains that they knew the attacks were going to happen, but effectively did nothing to help stop them.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

''Our purpose was to document the event." But how can you document an event unless you know it is going to happen?''

If you take those words out of context.

I think they were referring to why they went to the site after the attacks, not to New York.

But why would these "secret agents" say their plan on television?

I like how the article says:
    In the car was $4,700 in cash, a couple of foreign passports and a pair of box cutters ? the concealed Stanley Knife-type blades used by the 19 hijackers who'd flown jetliners into the world trade centre and Pentagon just hours before.
    Wow foreigners who work for a moving company having foreign passports and box cutters.
    That's suspicious alright.

King Mob wrote: »
    If you take those words out of context.

I think they were referring to why they went to the site after the attacks, not to New York.

But why would these "secret agents" say their plan on television?

I like how the article says:

Wow foreigners who work for a moving company having foreign passports and box cutters.
    That's suspicious alright.

You may have misread the article or articles at the time.

So, as the eyewitness 'Maria' said she reported the van and the people filming and cheering on top of it as the first plane went in, not after the attacks as you say.

The Isreali men did indeed appear on Isreali TV, I don't think any 'secrets' existed after a full account was already given to authorities by them in the US.
    Isreal is a U.S. ally.

BTW King Mob what do you believe happened?

You may have misread the article or articles at the time.

So, as the eyewitness 'Maria' said she reported the van and the people filming and cheering on top of it as the first plane went in, not after the attacks as you say.

The Isreali men did indeed appear on Isreali TV, I don't think any 'secrets' existed after a full account was already given to authorities by them in the US.
    Isreal is a U.S. ally.

BTW King Mob what do you believe happened?

Is this the eyewitness that said the men were cheering and speaking what she thought was Arabic? Which is what made this a big deal, if they were Americans then I doubt the cops would have even been called.

That's not what the article says.
    She's insisted that she only be identified as Maria. A neighbour in her apartment building had called her just after the first strike on the twin towers. Maria grabbed a pair of binoculars and, like millions across the world, she watched the horror of the day unfold.

As she gazed at the burning towers, she noticed a group of men kneeling on the roof of a white van in her parking lot.
    So that's after the first plane hit.

I'd also love to know exactly what they were cheering.
    I'm sure an American can distinguish shouts of astonishment for cheers for joy in Arabic or Hebrew.

It's also possible that these guys were just dicks.

And again it seems unlikely that secret agents would blow their cover like that.
    Isreal is a U.S. ally.
    So then why would they implicate themselves and their "employers" by speaking about there involvement on TV?

Is it not possible (and makes more sense) that they were referring to why they were filming at the site?

Honestly king mob, I dunno how you can make such comments on the
    article.

As I said, The Isreali men appeared on TV in Isreal and gave statements at the time to the authorities in the US. They were sent by the Isreali authorities to document the event.

I'm so suprised people who weren't reading newspapers at the time or following coverage on the internet are now so interested in the events of 9/11.

I don't believe you are interested at all.

Honestly king mob, I dunno how you can make such comments on the article.
    Is anything I've said wrong?
    Cause you're the one who said the article says something it doesn't/
    As I said, The Isreali men appeared on TV in Isreal and gave statements at the time to the authorities in the US. They were sent by the Isreali authorities to document the event.

Is this the same authorities who said?:
    "The assessment was that Urban Moving Systems was a front for Mossad and operatives employed by it." He added that "the conclusion of the FBI was that they were spying on local Arabs", but the men were released because they "did not know anything about 9/11".
    There is no evidence they had any foreknowledge at all.
    I don't believe you are interested at all.
    And what gives you that impression?
    That I don't buy into conspiracy theories?

• Advertisement

Of course you're correct King Mob.

Obviously the first thing I'd do i f I wanted someone to film the events of 9/11 is call a moving agency, not a film crew.

These guys appear on TV to talk about their experiences and again you say
    they're probably just a couple of dicks.

The artilce and the others like it published at the time gave me an interest
    in the events of 9/11. So far I haven't heard anything concrete from any side.

I expect that you just don't have an interest. That's the impression that I get.

Of course you're correct King Mob.

Obviously the first thing I'd do i f I wanted someone to film the events of 9/11 is call a moving agency, not a film crew.
    Or at least a team of spies who'd do a better job of concealing themselves than standing on van and shouting.
    These guys appear on TV to talk about their experiences and again you say
    they're probably just a couple of dicks.
    And as far as I'm aware most intelligence agencies don't allow their operatives to talk about very recent or very sensitive operations especially on TV.
    The artilce and the others like it published at the time gave me an interest
    in the events of 9/11. So far I haven't heard anything concrete from any side.

I expect that you just don't have an interest. That's the impression that I get.
    I'm very interested in 9/11 I just don't buy the conspiracy theories.

If you do have an interest than you must have found the article of some interest.

The 'team of spies' as you say also gave accounts to other news sources at the time. I suppose even if they did you wouldn't have read them as you 'don't buy the conspiracy theory'.

I've more of an open mind on this. I don't dismiss every piece of evidence, for or against, as bull.

As I said so far nothing concrete has turned up. If something concrete does turn up, for or against, would you read about it?

If you do have an interest than you must have found the article of some interest.
    Not really as this has come up many many time before.

It's not exactly new.
    The 'team of spies' as you say also gave accounts to other news sources at the time. I suppose even if they did you wouldn't have read them as you 'don't buy the conspiracy theory'.
    Well that article doesn't mention any other interviews by these guys other than the Israeli talk show.
    Maybe you can show these accounts?

And again if these guys where involved in 9/11 why do they keep telling everyone?
    I've more of an open mind on this. I don't dismiss every piece of evidence, for or against, as bull.
    Neither am I. I'm just pointing out the glaring holes in these part of the conspiracy theory.

Not really as this has come up many many time before.

It's not exactly new.

Well that article doesn't mention any other interviews by these guys other than the Israeli talk show.
    Maybe you can show these accounts?

And again if these guys where involved in 9/11 why do they keep telling everyone?

Neither am I. I'm just pointing out the glaring holes in these part of the conspiracy theory.

Originally I posted a reqest to find a Sunday Tribune article, turns out I found it.
    You'll find there's holes in the official line also. Seems as if the further away this conspiracy gets in terms of time, the less correct the information gets.

Originally I posted a reqest to find a Sunday Tribune article, turns out I found it.
    You'll find there's holes in the official line also. Seems as if the further away this conspiracy gets in terms of time, the less correct the information gets.

There are plenty of questions but questions are just that... questions. They are not evidence of anything. You can assume what you like but that is just your opinion.

These Israelis are either some of the worst secret agents in history or maybe they were just videoing the aftermaths as they said. And you do realise there are more Jews in New York than anywhere else in the world outside of Israel?

• Advertisement

There are plenty of questions but questions are just that... questions. They are not evidence of anything. You can assume what you like but that is just your opinion.

These Israelis are either some of the worst secret agents in history or maybe they were just videoing the aftermaths as they said. And you do realise there are more Jews in New York than anywhere else in the world outside of Israel?

Fantastic response again meglome, and again you've brought nothing with you to this discussion.

These Isrealies wre the kind from Isreal, you know the Isreali kind of Isrealis! So again, I re-iterate, by their own words they were sent there to document the event. Not remove the bluddy furniture.

Fantastic response again meglome, and again you've brought nothing with you to this discussion.

These Isrealies wre the kind from Isreal, you know the Isreali kind of Isrealis! So again, I re-iterate, by their own words they were sent there to document the event. Not remove the bluddy furniture.

Have you not read my responses?

You interpreted the words ''Our purpose was to document the event." as "we were sent to America before the attacks to document the attacks."

However anyone with a camera that day could have said the same ''Our purpose was to document the event."

There is no evidence at all they had any foreknowledge of the attacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭Black Uhlan

There are some questions you need to ask yourself, such as when New Jersey became New York?
    What your there being more Jews in New York comment brings to the table, if anything? They were 5 ISRAELI's arrested, Israel despite everything must be at least 20% Moslem. Therefore statistically one of these guys should have been a Moslem.

Why can you not admit that their actions are beyond strange when the rest of the world was in shock? I don't mean to be offensive here but your holier-than-thou posts always come back to you looking at the finer points

I have read your response King mob, and thank you for pionting this out.

However the Isrealis' spent two months behind bars under interrogation.
    One of them refused a lie detector test because of previous missions
    he took part in.

They went on TV in Isreal telling people about themselves. This is all great and eveything but I don't expect you're gonna convince me that Mossad
    got into the bluddy furniture removal business.

So far as I'm aware this story's been through the mill and no-one so far has proved that these guys weren't working for the Isreali security forces.
    Given that they said so on TV.

So whats the argument for?

However the Isrealis' spent two months behind bars under interrogation.
    One of them refused a lie detector test because of previous missions
    he took part in.
    And exactly how do you know why he refused a lie detector test?
    And if they were in on 9/11 why where they held at all?
    And why was this story even covered on the news?
    They went on TV in Isreal telling people about themselves. This is all great and eveything but I don't expect you're gonna convince me that Mossad
    got into the bluddy furniture removal business.

So far as I'm aware this story's been through the mill and no-one so far has proved that these guys weren't working for the Isreali security forces.
    Given that they said so on TV.

So whats the argument for?
    So far as I'm aware no-one has proved that these guys weren't shapeshifting aliens.

And even if they did work for the Mossad there is still nothing at all to show they had foreknowledge of the attacks.

• Advertisement

There are some questions you need to ask yourself, such as when New Jersey became New York?
    What your there being more Jews in New York comment brings to the table, if anything? They were 5 ISRAELI's arrested, Israel despite everything must be at least 20% Moslem. Therefore statistically one of these guys should have been a Moslem.

Why can you not admit that their actions are beyond strange when the rest of the world was in shock? I don't mean to be offensive here but your holier-than-thou posts always come back to you looking at the finer points

He he okay. I do find it amusing when people accuse me of being holier than thou by taking a holier than thou stance. And you say holier-than-thou I say common sense.

New Jersey has a lot of Jews too, point being having Israelis in a place where there is many many Israelis and Jews isn't odd.

I don't know if their actions are strange. We know that their neighbour reported them thinking they were speaking Arabic. So given the language differences they might have been laughing or maybe they were just excited or maybe that's just the way young people who speak Hebrew come across to English speakers, we just don't know. Or as King Mob suggested maybe they are just dickheads. We also know they were not charged with any crime and they went on television to speak about it. Now just from a common sense point of view they would seem to be terrible secret agents and other than innuendo and speculation there is no evidence they did anything wrong. I've said it before but if they had not been mistaken for speaking Arabic I wonder if they would they have even been reported to the police in the first place.

So far as I'm aware no-one has proved that these guys weren't shapeshifting aliens.

Aliens huh?

I can't be bothered. Go back in time and read some newspapers or whatever.
    Or don't, I don't care. I'm not responding anymore, believe whatever bulls1t story you want or make one up for yourself.

Aliens huh?

I can't be bothered. Go back in time and read some newspapers or whatever.
    Or don't, I don't care. I'm not responding anymore, believe whatever bulls1t story you want or make one up for yourself.
    Because news stories are better and more accurate the sooner they're reported?

We also know they were not charged with any crime and they went on television to speak about it

Two months in prison, they spent. And then were sent off to Isreal.

Two months in prison, they spent. And then were sent off to Isreal.

They might have been Mossad agents, that's possible although as I said not very good ones. Israel has been caught spying on the US several times as have any number of other countries. However it's a huge stretch to say they had foreknowledge of or were involved in 911. Sure it's easy to assume it if that's what anyone wants to do.

They might have been Mossad agents, that's possible although as I said not very good ones. Israel has been caught spying on the US several times as have any number of other countries. However it's a huge stretch to say they had foreknowledge of or were involved in 911. Sure it's easy to assume it if that's what anyone wants to do.

'suppose the only way to know for sure is to ask one of them. Maybe some one already did, as they did spend two months being interrogated.

All we have to do then is wait for the answer to appear in the media or online.

What will you think then, say if they had fore knowledge?

'suppose the only way to know for sure is to ask one of them. Maybe some one already did, as they did spend two months being interrogated.

All we have to do then is wait for the answer to appear in the media or online.

What will you think then, say if they had fore knowledge?
    And the released them saying:
    the men were released because they "did not know anything about 9/11".

And for the like fifth time there is no evidence to suggest they had any foreknowledge.

The only thing you have put forward was
    Which your own link showed to be false.

And the released them saying:

And for the like fifth time there is no evidence to suggest they had any foreknowledge.

The only thing you have put forward was

Which your own link showed to be false.

You're basing this on one article rather than the many published around the same time. Great work!

Tell me where I said these guys had fore knowledge then.

http://www.tribune.ie/article/2003/nov/09/the-real-911-cover-up/?q=september%2011%20mossad

You're basing this on one article rather than the many published around the same time. Great work!

Tell me where I said these guys had fore knowledge then.

The same article you are talking about.

And if you read my last post you'd see I already pointed out where you claim these guy had foreknowledge.

The same article you are talking about.

And if you read my last post you'd see I already pointed out where you claim these guy had foreknowledge.

Great then you're paying attention.

http://www.rense.com/general64/moss.htm

[SIZE=+1]At least two Israel-based employees of Odigo received warnings of an imminent attack in New York City more than two hours before the first plane hit the WTC. Odigo had its U.S. headquarters two blocks from the WTC. The Odigo employees, however, did not pass the warning on to the authorities in New York City, a move that could have saved thousands of lives.[/SIZE]

• Advertisement

Great then you're paying attention.

http://www.rense.com/general64/moss.htm

[SIZE=+1]At least two Israel-based employees of Odigo received warnings of an imminent attack in New York City more than two hours before the first plane hit the WTC. Odigo had its U.S. headquarters two blocks from the WTC. The Odigo employees, however, did not pass the warning on to the authorities in New York City, a move that could have saved thousands of lives.[/SIZE]

So you giving up on these dudes from Jersey then?

http://www.911myths.com/html/4000_israelis.html
    http://www.911myths.com/html/odigo.html

You?

How about the 'People finder' software and why is your link talking of people working for Odigo in the WTC?

Odigo wasn't in the WTC!

Whats the point of these links?

You?

How about the 'People finder' software and why is your link talking of people working for Odigo in the WTC?

Odigo wasn't in the WTC!

Whats the point of these links?
    So that's a yes, you have given up with the lads in Jersey.

What about the people finder software?

And some people make the claim that that company was in the WTC.

And would you like to address the points brought up in them?

So that's a yes, you have given up with the lads in Jersey.

What about the people finder software?

And some people make the claim that that company was in the WTC.

And would you like to address the points brought up in them?

It's a no. They were sent to document the event, their words not mine.
    And again they weren't bluddy furniture removers.

Again no, there are no points as far as I'm aware. You sending links to
    prove something or other.

The webpage talks of Odigo sending warning to it's staff? Where did that come from? More of your aliens maybe!

People finder software would have sent messages to corresponding groups of people regardless of their location.

It's a no. They were sent to document the event, their words not mine.
    And again they weren't bluddy furniture removers.
    Seriously?
    Are you actually reading any replies?

They didn't say they were sent to document the attacks.
    That's only your interpretation of their words.
    There is nothing to suggest they had foreknowledge.
    Again no, there are no points as far as I'm aware. You sending links to
    prove something or other.
    Yes because those links sum up the facts pretty cohesively.

What about the fact that the message had no information about the attack or where it was going to be.
    The webpage talks of Odigo sending warning to it's staff? Where did that come from? More of your aliens maybe!
    You realise that bomb threats all the time right?
    Why was the warning sent to a company that has nothing to do with the WTC?

Why was the warning sent to a company that has nothing to do with the WTC?

Why are you insisting that the messages were sent to a company?
    Where is that comming from?

[SIZE=+1]Odigo has a feature called People Finder that allows users to seek out and contact others based on certain demographics, such as Israeli nationality.[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1] Two weeks after 9/11, Alex Diamandis, Odigo's vice president, reportedly said, "It was possible that the attack warning was broadcast to other Odigo members, but the company has not received reports of other recipients of the message."[/SIZE]

He he okay. I do find it amusing when people accuse me of being holier than thou by taking a holier than thou stance. And you say holier-than-thou I say common sense.

New Jersey has a lot of Jews too, point being having Israelis in a place where there is many many Israelis and Jews isn't odd.

I don't know if their actions are strange. We know that their neighbour reported them thinking they were speaking Arabic. So given the language differences they might have been laughing or maybe they were just excited or maybe that's just the way young people who speak Hebrew come across to English speakers, we just don't know. Or as King Mob suggested maybe they are just dickheads. We also know they were not charged with any crime and they went on television to speak about it. Now just from a common sense point of view they would seem to be terrible secret agents and other than innuendo and speculation there is no evidence they did anything wrong. I've said it before but if they had not been mistaken for speaking Arabic I wonder if they would they have even been reported to the police in the first place.

"having Israeli's in place where there Israeli's...isn't odd" seriously, I have no clue where you are going with this.

Come on man, try to read the info at least. 1. Their "neighbour" was never their neighbour to begin with, as far as I can make out no details are given as to were these guys lived. Neighbour was mentioned in a headline of an news piece I read, please tell me you are not just reading the headlines. 2. The "neighbour" did not report them because they were "speaking arabic", she reported them because they they were posing for pictures with the burning tower as a backdrop, celebrating the attack and at the latest in the minutes after the first plane hit.

Can we agree on this? I'd like you to think about it for just a second if you would...Bare in mind this is before the world was aware it was not just a terrible accident. It is what I thought at the time as I watched live, Pres Bush even saw fit to continue reading his childrens book. Surely noone would be compelled to celebrate a plane crash? And anyone who would possess such pschyopathic tendencies would surely keep any feelings to themselves? What chance of five individuals to record, dance, and celebrate on top of their van to get a better shot of a plane crash? Almost Zero I would say. But...would it make more sense if they were celebrating and recording the succesful completion of the greatest crime of all time?

When you said this ..."So given the language differences they might have been laughing or maybe they were just excited or maybe that's just the way young people who speak Hebrew come across to English speakers,"

I have no idea what you are getting at. Seriously, are you trying to say laughing sounds different in Hebrew? I know there is a scarcity of Jews in Ireland, especially those who speak Hebrew but I don't live there any more and I can assure you, as an English speaker myself that "young people who speak "Hebrew" do not come across as people celebrating and recording an apparent terrible tragedy.

"they were just dickheads" perhaps but it really doesn't explain anything. If you haven't already please read these two short links. They were the best I could find from the NT Times and ABC. http://web.archive.org/web/20020802194310/http://abcnews.go.com/sections/2020/DailyNews/2020_whitevan_020621.html http://www.crimelynx.com/dozens.html
    They answer most of the questions that I believe you would have to establish that it is all a little fishy.

Why are you insisting that the messages were sent to a company?
    Where is that comming from?

[SIZE=+1]Odigo has a feature called People Finder that allows users to seek out and contact others based on certain demographics, such as Israeli nationality.[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1] Two weeks after 9/11, Alex Diamandis, Odigo's vice president, reportedly said, "It was possible that the attack warning was broadcast to other Odigo members, but the company has not received reports of other recipients of the message."[/SIZE]

Because it was sent to two people in that company.
    And that company has no connection to the WTC at all.

But are you seriously going to go the "the Jews were in on it" route?

No, not going to go the "the Jews were in on it" route.

There's no evidence to support that as far as I recall.

• Advertisement

Why do you think the sender, wasn't questioned?

If it was so, and if it was just some crazy coincidence/practical joke or whatever that it didn't come to light with the public to clear up an confusion? Likewise, why not reveal the actual contents of the message?

Wasn't there a 9/11 commission for the purposes of clarity?

Advertisement